Select Object expression with a variable contain spaces in power shellHow to access file paths in Powershell containing special characters?Escaping characters in a variable for PowerShell's Invoke-ExpressionPowershell script in Task Scheduler - spaces and timestamp issuePass argument with quotes to PowerShell script via TeamCityCommand line arguments for msiexec break on powershell if they contain spaceRun a specific python version in powershellPowershell variable that contains double and single quotesPowerShell: Adding filter or query to Get-WmiObjectHow to pass “escape hell” to docker run

Emailing HOD to enhance faculty application

Anagram holiday

Python: return float 1.0 as int 1 but float 1.5 as float 1.5

What exploit are these user agents trying to use?

Can one be a co-translator of a book, if he does not know the language that the book is translated into?

Theorems that impeded progress

How do conventional missiles fly?

How can I prevent hyper evolved versions of regular creatures from wiping out their cousins?

What is the intuition behind short exact sequences of groups; in particular, what is the intuition behind group extensions?

90's TV series where a boy goes to another dimension through portal near power lines

How to draw the figure with four pentagons?

Where does SFDX store details about scratch orgs?

Assassin's bullet with mercury

How to take photos in burst mode, without vibration?

Will google still index a page if I use a $_SESSION variable?

What mechanic is there to disable a threat instead of killing it?

Why do I get two different answers for this counting problem?

Alternative to sending password over mail?

Doing something right before you need it - expression for this?

Is there a hemisphere-neutral way of specifying a season?

Is it inappropriate for a student to attend their mentor's dissertation defense?

Why is the 'in' operator throwing an error with a string literal instead of logging false?

1960's book about a plague that kills all white people

Forgetting the musical notes while performing in concert



Select Object expression with a variable contain spaces in power shell


How to access file paths in Powershell containing special characters?Escaping characters in a variable for PowerShell's Invoke-ExpressionPowershell script in Task Scheduler - spaces and timestamp issuePass argument with quotes to PowerShell script via TeamCityCommand line arguments for msiexec break on powershell if they contain spaceRun a specific python version in powershellPowershell variable that contains double and single quotesPowerShell: Adding filter or query to Get-WmiObjectHow to pass “escape hell” to docker run






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















The below does not work if the $_.FullName contains spaces. I tried to use single quotes , double quotes nothing works. if I run it stand alone it works. It doesnt works with the Expression in Select-Object. Please help me



Expression=findstr 
Implementation-Version}


I am using the above expression to find out the implementation version of a jar file










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

    – Olaf
    Mar 8 at 23:50






  • 1





    Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

    – mklement0
    Mar 9 at 0:11











  • Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

    – user3232560
    Mar 9 at 0:30











  • what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

    – Lee_Dailey
    Mar 9 at 0:37

















0















The below does not work if the $_.FullName contains spaces. I tried to use single quotes , double quotes nothing works. if I run it stand alone it works. It doesnt works with the Expression in Select-Object. Please help me



Expression=findstr 
Implementation-Version}


I am using the above expression to find out the implementation version of a jar file










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

    – Olaf
    Mar 8 at 23:50






  • 1





    Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

    – mklement0
    Mar 9 at 0:11











  • Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

    – user3232560
    Mar 9 at 0:30











  • what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

    – Lee_Dailey
    Mar 9 at 0:37













0












0








0








The below does not work if the $_.FullName contains spaces. I tried to use single quotes , double quotes nothing works. if I run it stand alone it works. It doesnt works with the Expression in Select-Object. Please help me



Expression=findstr 
Implementation-Version}


I am using the above expression to find out the implementation version of a jar file










share|improve this question
















The below does not work if the $_.FullName contains spaces. I tried to use single quotes , double quotes nothing works. if I run it stand alone it works. It doesnt works with the Expression in Select-Object. Please help me



Expression=findstr 
Implementation-Version}


I am using the above expression to find out the implementation version of a jar file







powershell






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 9 at 0:34







user3232560

















asked Mar 8 at 23:35









user3232560user3232560

12




12







  • 1





    Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

    – Olaf
    Mar 8 at 23:50






  • 1





    Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

    – mklement0
    Mar 9 at 0:11











  • Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

    – user3232560
    Mar 9 at 0:30











  • what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

    – Lee_Dailey
    Mar 9 at 0:37












  • 1





    Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

    – Olaf
    Mar 8 at 23:50






  • 1





    Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

    – mklement0
    Mar 9 at 0:11











  • Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

    – user3232560
    Mar 9 at 0:30











  • what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

    – Lee_Dailey
    Mar 9 at 0:37







1




1





Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

– Olaf
Mar 8 at 23:50





Should that be Powershell? What is it what you actually want to do? Shouldn't it be $_.FullName (including the dot after the underline)?

– Olaf
Mar 8 at 23:50




1




1





Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

– mklement0
Mar 9 at 0:11





Please provide an MCVE (Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable Example)

– mklement0
Mar 9 at 0:11













Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

– user3232560
Mar 9 at 0:30





Yes. I updated it. I need to find the implementation version of the jar file. It works on a stand alone script but not with in the select object expression

– user3232560
Mar 9 at 0:30













what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

– Lee_Dailey
Mar 9 at 0:37





what language is that? it doesn't look like any version of powershell ... [frown]

– Lee_Dailey
Mar 9 at 0:37












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














To get back ticks to show, need to make this an answer not comment...



Your example is not complete, but using my powers of SWAG, your issue could be needing to add quotes.



-c `"$($_.FullName)`" 





share|improve this answer























    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072460%2fselect-object-expression-with-a-variable-contain-spaces-in-power-shell%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    To get back ticks to show, need to make this an answer not comment...



    Your example is not complete, but using my powers of SWAG, your issue could be needing to add quotes.



    -c `"$($_.FullName)`" 





    share|improve this answer



























      0














      To get back ticks to show, need to make this an answer not comment...



      Your example is not complete, but using my powers of SWAG, your issue could be needing to add quotes.



      -c `"$($_.FullName)`" 





      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        To get back ticks to show, need to make this an answer not comment...



        Your example is not complete, but using my powers of SWAG, your issue could be needing to add quotes.



        -c `"$($_.FullName)`" 





        share|improve this answer













        To get back ticks to show, need to make this an answer not comment...



        Your example is not complete, but using my powers of SWAG, your issue could be needing to add quotes.



        -c `"$($_.FullName)`" 






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 9 at 1:20









        Kory GillKory Gill

        5,58611026




        5,58611026





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072460%2fselect-object-expression-with-a-variable-contain-spaces-in-power-shell%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page