Kotlin, Postgres: How to store an attribute that is Map to JSONB?How to generate a random alpha-numeric string?How do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How to get an enum value from a string value in Java?How can I convert a stack trace to a string?How to split a string in JavaHow do I convert a String to an int in Java?Accidentally stored string instead of object in Postgres JSONB columnPostgres - Update and restructure attribute of JSONB type columStoring jsonb data through ecto

A reference to a well-known characterization of scattered compact spaces

What's the point of deactivating Num Lock on login screens?

90's TV series where a boy goes to another dimension through portal near power lines

Is "remove commented out code" correct English?

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

Assassin's bullet with mercury

What killed these X2 caps?

Is it possible to run Internet Explorer on OS X El Capitan?

How is it possible to have an ability score that is less than 3?

How can I make my BBEG immortal short of making them a Lich or Vampire?

Would Slavery Reparations be considered Bills of Attainder and hence Illegal?

Is it legal for company to use my work email to pretend I still work there?

What does it mean to describe someone as a butt steak?

1960's book about a plague that kills all white people

How can I fix/modify my tub/shower combo so the water comes out of the showerhead?

I'm flying to France today and my passport expires in less than 2 months

Why is it a bad idea to hire a hitman to eliminate most corrupt politicians?

How many spell slots should my level 1 wizard/level 1 fighter have?

What is a clear way to write a bar that has an extra beat?

Why is consensus so controversial in Britain?

Why do bosons tend to occupy the same state?

Why do I get two different answers for this counting problem?

Do I have a twin with permutated remainders?

Why are electrically insulating heatsinks so rare? Is it just cost?



Kotlin, Postgres: How to store an attribute that is Map to JSONB?


How to generate a random alpha-numeric string?How do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?How to get an enum value from a string value in Java?How can I convert a stack trace to a string?How to split a string in JavaHow do I convert a String to an int in Java?Accidentally stored string instead of object in Postgres JSONB columnPostgres - Update and restructure attribute of JSONB type columStoring jsonb data through ecto






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I've looked through a few similar questions but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to store an object with essentially this format into a postgres table:



class C 
var id: Int? = null
var name: String? = null
var attributes: Map<String, Any> = mapOf()



All I'll be doing is writing these object and reading them to the table, and also need to filter on one of the attributes. After some research it seemed like JSONB might be a good format to use, so I created a table like:



CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS fake_table (

id INTEGER NOT NULL,
name TEXT NOT NULL,
attributes JSONB NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id)
);


Not sure how to convert the Map into an object that can be written into the database. Right now my mapper looks something like this:



interface ItemMapper 
@Insert("""
INSERT INTO fake_table (
id, name, attributes
) VALUES (
#id, #name, #attributes
)""")
fun add(item: Item)



and I just need to convert class C into class Item which would be compatible?



class Item 

var id: Int? = null
var name: String? = null
var attributes: someJsonObject? = null /// <------ what to do here?

constructor(c: C)
id = c.id
name = c.name
attributes = c.attributes.magicJSONconverter() // <------- what to do here?




I was able to get this working by converting the attributes to String, but then I am unable to filter the query easily (I believe?), which is a dealbreaker.










share|improve this question




























    0















    I've looked through a few similar questions but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to store an object with essentially this format into a postgres table:



    class C 
    var id: Int? = null
    var name: String? = null
    var attributes: Map<String, Any> = mapOf()



    All I'll be doing is writing these object and reading them to the table, and also need to filter on one of the attributes. After some research it seemed like JSONB might be a good format to use, so I created a table like:



    CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS fake_table (

    id INTEGER NOT NULL,
    name TEXT NOT NULL,
    attributes JSONB NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (id)
    );


    Not sure how to convert the Map into an object that can be written into the database. Right now my mapper looks something like this:



    interface ItemMapper 
    @Insert("""
    INSERT INTO fake_table (
    id, name, attributes
    ) VALUES (
    #id, #name, #attributes
    )""")
    fun add(item: Item)



    and I just need to convert class C into class Item which would be compatible?



    class Item 

    var id: Int? = null
    var name: String? = null
    var attributes: someJsonObject? = null /// <------ what to do here?

    constructor(c: C)
    id = c.id
    name = c.name
    attributes = c.attributes.magicJSONconverter() // <------- what to do here?




    I was able to get this working by converting the attributes to String, but then I am unable to filter the query easily (I believe?), which is a dealbreaker.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I've looked through a few similar questions but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to store an object with essentially this format into a postgres table:



      class C 
      var id: Int? = null
      var name: String? = null
      var attributes: Map<String, Any> = mapOf()



      All I'll be doing is writing these object and reading them to the table, and also need to filter on one of the attributes. After some research it seemed like JSONB might be a good format to use, so I created a table like:



      CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS fake_table (

      id INTEGER NOT NULL,
      name TEXT NOT NULL,
      attributes JSONB NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY (id)
      );


      Not sure how to convert the Map into an object that can be written into the database. Right now my mapper looks something like this:



      interface ItemMapper 
      @Insert("""
      INSERT INTO fake_table (
      id, name, attributes
      ) VALUES (
      #id, #name, #attributes
      )""")
      fun add(item: Item)



      and I just need to convert class C into class Item which would be compatible?



      class Item 

      var id: Int? = null
      var name: String? = null
      var attributes: someJsonObject? = null /// <------ what to do here?

      constructor(c: C)
      id = c.id
      name = c.name
      attributes = c.attributes.magicJSONconverter() // <------- what to do here?




      I was able to get this working by converting the attributes to String, but then I am unable to filter the query easily (I believe?), which is a dealbreaker.










      share|improve this question














      I've looked through a few similar questions but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to store an object with essentially this format into a postgres table:



      class C 
      var id: Int? = null
      var name: String? = null
      var attributes: Map<String, Any> = mapOf()



      All I'll be doing is writing these object and reading them to the table, and also need to filter on one of the attributes. After some research it seemed like JSONB might be a good format to use, so I created a table like:



      CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS fake_table (

      id INTEGER NOT NULL,
      name TEXT NOT NULL,
      attributes JSONB NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY (id)
      );


      Not sure how to convert the Map into an object that can be written into the database. Right now my mapper looks something like this:



      interface ItemMapper 
      @Insert("""
      INSERT INTO fake_table (
      id, name, attributes
      ) VALUES (
      #id, #name, #attributes
      )""")
      fun add(item: Item)



      and I just need to convert class C into class Item which would be compatible?



      class Item 

      var id: Int? = null
      var name: String? = null
      var attributes: someJsonObject? = null /// <------ what to do here?

      constructor(c: C)
      id = c.id
      name = c.name
      attributes = c.attributes.magicJSONconverter() // <------- what to do here?




      I was able to get this working by converting the attributes to String, but then I am unable to filter the query easily (I believe?), which is a dealbreaker.







      java postgresql kotlin






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 23:58









      Matt TakaoMatt Takao

      17010




      17010






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072611%2fkotlin-postgres-how-to-store-an-attribute-that-is-mapstring-any-to-jsonb%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072611%2fkotlin-postgres-how-to-store-an-attribute-that-is-mapstring-any-to-jsonb%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page