Proper conversion of contrib.HashTable usage in TF 2Usage of __slots__?Proper way to use **kwargs in PythonProper way to declare custom exceptions in modern Python?Proper indentation for Python multiline stringsTensorflow and Multiprocessing: Passing SessionsReplicating models in Keras and Tensorflow for a multi-threaded settingValueError("Cannot evaluate tensor using `eval()`:Tensorflow feature columns in Dataset map Table already initialized issueHow to get explicit session for input_fn when training a TensorFlow modelHow to call a Keras function from tensorflow Graph for multi-task learning?

Is it canonical bit space?

Can one be a co-translator of a book, if he does not know the language that the book is translated into?

Twin primes whose sum is a cube

AES: Why is it a good practice to use only the first 16bytes of a hash for encryption?

Is "remove commented out code" correct English?

Can a virus destroy the BIOS of a modern computer?

Arrow those variables!

Is it legal for company to use my work email to pretend I still work there?

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms why do people still use bamboo sticks when paper had already been invented?

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

What exploit are these user agents trying to use?

How much of data wrangling is a data scientist's job?

Facing a paradox: Earnshaw's theorem in one dimension

Why is it a bad idea to hire a hitman to eliminate most corrupt politicians?

Is it possible to create light that imparts a greater proportion of its energy as momentum rather than heat?

Why doesn't H₄O²⁺ exist?

Can I ask the recruiters in my resume to put the reason why I am rejected?

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Why can't we play rap on piano?

Brothers & sisters

Emailing HOD to enhance faculty application

What reasons are there for a Capitalist to oppose a 100% inheritance tax?

Why "Having chlorophyll without photosynthesis is actually very dangerous" and "like living with a bomb"?

How to prevent "they're falling in love" trope



Proper conversion of contrib.HashTable usage in TF 2


Usage of __slots__?Proper way to use **kwargs in PythonProper way to declare custom exceptions in modern Python?Proper indentation for Python multiline stringsTensorflow and Multiprocessing: Passing SessionsReplicating models in Keras and Tensorflow for a multi-threaded settingValueError("Cannot evaluate tensor using `eval()`:Tensorflow feature columns in Dataset map Table already initialized issueHow to get explicit session for input_fn when training a TensorFlow modelHow to call a Keras function from tensorflow Graph for multi-task learning?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I have a Keras layer that takes a string input and returns a series of indices into an embedding matrix. The code for testing the TF 1.x version is here, and the theoretically-TF2-compatible testing code is here.



The TF2 version doesn't work, and it seems that my issues center around initializing the table. In the old version I need to run the tables_initializer (although I believe Keras.fit does this), but this isn't really something that you can do in TF2 -- both because there's no table_initializer and also because there's no access (afaict) to explicit Sessions.



So when I run the TF 2 version of this, I need to figure out how to run the initializer on the call to keras.layer.build. The most obvious way to do this is to follow the documentation which directs StaticHashTable.init.run() -- this is completely incorrect however.



So if I don't do any of this (on the assumption that it will somehow magically work), I get a tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.FailedPreconditionError: Table not initialized.



So, an alternative: init just returns the initializer, so I could instead take the table's initializer and do: KeyValueInitializer.initialize(StatisHashTable).run(), but this still requires a default Session to be registered, which, even if possible, does not seem like idiomatic TF 2 (and I haven't figured out how to get a 'Session' anyways). The specific error I get is ValueError: Cannot execute operation using 'run()': No default session is registered. Use 'with sess.as_default():' or pass an explicit session to 'run(session=sess)'.



So that's a dead end. I've tried some other stuff that I'm fairly certain are not 'how you are supposed to do it' in TF 2 like wrapping the initializer Operator in control_dependencies or giving that its run method a session from compat.v1.keras.backend.get_session() all to no avail.



I'd like to believe that the tf.lookup.StaticHashTable works somehow in TF 2, but I'm just not sure how to make it work -- anyone have any advice?










share|improve this question




























    0















    I have a Keras layer that takes a string input and returns a series of indices into an embedding matrix. The code for testing the TF 1.x version is here, and the theoretically-TF2-compatible testing code is here.



    The TF2 version doesn't work, and it seems that my issues center around initializing the table. In the old version I need to run the tables_initializer (although I believe Keras.fit does this), but this isn't really something that you can do in TF2 -- both because there's no table_initializer and also because there's no access (afaict) to explicit Sessions.



    So when I run the TF 2 version of this, I need to figure out how to run the initializer on the call to keras.layer.build. The most obvious way to do this is to follow the documentation which directs StaticHashTable.init.run() -- this is completely incorrect however.



    So if I don't do any of this (on the assumption that it will somehow magically work), I get a tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.FailedPreconditionError: Table not initialized.



    So, an alternative: init just returns the initializer, so I could instead take the table's initializer and do: KeyValueInitializer.initialize(StatisHashTable).run(), but this still requires a default Session to be registered, which, even if possible, does not seem like idiomatic TF 2 (and I haven't figured out how to get a 'Session' anyways). The specific error I get is ValueError: Cannot execute operation using 'run()': No default session is registered. Use 'with sess.as_default():' or pass an explicit session to 'run(session=sess)'.



    So that's a dead end. I've tried some other stuff that I'm fairly certain are not 'how you are supposed to do it' in TF 2 like wrapping the initializer Operator in control_dependencies or giving that its run method a session from compat.v1.keras.backend.get_session() all to no avail.



    I'd like to believe that the tf.lookup.StaticHashTable works somehow in TF 2, but I'm just not sure how to make it work -- anyone have any advice?










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I have a Keras layer that takes a string input and returns a series of indices into an embedding matrix. The code for testing the TF 1.x version is here, and the theoretically-TF2-compatible testing code is here.



      The TF2 version doesn't work, and it seems that my issues center around initializing the table. In the old version I need to run the tables_initializer (although I believe Keras.fit does this), but this isn't really something that you can do in TF2 -- both because there's no table_initializer and also because there's no access (afaict) to explicit Sessions.



      So when I run the TF 2 version of this, I need to figure out how to run the initializer on the call to keras.layer.build. The most obvious way to do this is to follow the documentation which directs StaticHashTable.init.run() -- this is completely incorrect however.



      So if I don't do any of this (on the assumption that it will somehow magically work), I get a tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.FailedPreconditionError: Table not initialized.



      So, an alternative: init just returns the initializer, so I could instead take the table's initializer and do: KeyValueInitializer.initialize(StatisHashTable).run(), but this still requires a default Session to be registered, which, even if possible, does not seem like idiomatic TF 2 (and I haven't figured out how to get a 'Session' anyways). The specific error I get is ValueError: Cannot execute operation using 'run()': No default session is registered. Use 'with sess.as_default():' or pass an explicit session to 'run(session=sess)'.



      So that's a dead end. I've tried some other stuff that I'm fairly certain are not 'how you are supposed to do it' in TF 2 like wrapping the initializer Operator in control_dependencies or giving that its run method a session from compat.v1.keras.backend.get_session() all to no avail.



      I'd like to believe that the tf.lookup.StaticHashTable works somehow in TF 2, but I'm just not sure how to make it work -- anyone have any advice?










      share|improve this question














      I have a Keras layer that takes a string input and returns a series of indices into an embedding matrix. The code for testing the TF 1.x version is here, and the theoretically-TF2-compatible testing code is here.



      The TF2 version doesn't work, and it seems that my issues center around initializing the table. In the old version I need to run the tables_initializer (although I believe Keras.fit does this), but this isn't really something that you can do in TF2 -- both because there's no table_initializer and also because there's no access (afaict) to explicit Sessions.



      So when I run the TF 2 version of this, I need to figure out how to run the initializer on the call to keras.layer.build. The most obvious way to do this is to follow the documentation which directs StaticHashTable.init.run() -- this is completely incorrect however.



      So if I don't do any of this (on the assumption that it will somehow magically work), I get a tensorflow.python.framework.errors_impl.FailedPreconditionError: Table not initialized.



      So, an alternative: init just returns the initializer, so I could instead take the table's initializer and do: KeyValueInitializer.initialize(StatisHashTable).run(), but this still requires a default Session to be registered, which, even if possible, does not seem like idiomatic TF 2 (and I haven't figured out how to get a 'Session' anyways). The specific error I get is ValueError: Cannot execute operation using 'run()': No default session is registered. Use 'with sess.as_default():' or pass an explicit session to 'run(session=sess)'.



      So that's a dead end. I've tried some other stuff that I'm fairly certain are not 'how you are supposed to do it' in TF 2 like wrapping the initializer Operator in control_dependencies or giving that its run method a session from compat.v1.keras.backend.get_session() all to no avail.



      I'd like to believe that the tf.lookup.StaticHashTable works somehow in TF 2, but I'm just not sure how to make it work -- anyone have any advice?







      python tensorflow






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 9 at 0:00









      zmjjmzzmjjmz

      135




      135






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072622%2fproper-conversion-of-contrib-hashtable-usage-in-tf-2%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072622%2fproper-conversion-of-contrib-hashtable-usage-in-tf-2%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page