How to get datediff() in seconds in pyspark?Date difference between consecutive rows - Pyspark DataframeHow to merge two dictionaries in a single expression?How do I check if a list is empty?How do I check whether a file exists without exceptions?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?How to get the current time in PythonHow do I sort a dictionary by value?How do I get the number of elements in a list in Python?How do I list all files of a directory?What is the difference between dict.items() and dict.iteritems()?How can I replace all the NaN values with Zero's in a column of a pandas dataframe

How to draw the figure with four pentagons?

Today is the Center

If human space travel is limited by the G force vulnerability, is there a way to counter G forces?

Arrow those variables!

What is the word for reserving something for yourself before others do?

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Is it inappropriate for a student to attend their mentor's dissertation defense?

AES: Why is it a good practice to use only the first 16bytes of a hash for encryption?

Intersection of two sorted vectors in C++

How much of data wrangling is a data scientist's job?

Fully-Firstable Anagram Sets

How can I make my BBEG immortal short of making them a Lich or Vampire?

Did Shadowfax go to Valinor?

How to take photos in burst mode, without vibration?

How can I fix/modify my tub/shower combo so the water comes out of the showerhead?

Anagram holiday

What killed these X2 caps?

Why do I get two different answers for this counting problem?

Why is the 'in' operator throwing an error with a string literal instead of logging false?

What's the difference between 'rename' and 'mv'?

Is it legal for company to use my work email to pretend I still work there?

Modeling an IP Address

What reasons are there for a Capitalist to oppose a 100% inheritance tax?

Is it unprofessional to ask if a job posting on GlassDoor is real?



How to get datediff() in seconds in pyspark?


Date difference between consecutive rows - Pyspark DataframeHow to merge two dictionaries in a single expression?How do I check if a list is empty?How do I check whether a file exists without exceptions?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?How to get the current time in PythonHow do I sort a dictionary by value?How do I get the number of elements in a list in Python?How do I list all files of a directory?What is the difference between dict.items() and dict.iteritems()?How can I replace all the NaN values with Zero's in a column of a pandas dataframe






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I have tried the code as in (this_post) and cannot get the date difference in seconds. I just take the datediff() between the columns 'Attributes_Timestamp_fix' and 'lagged_date' below.
Any hints?
Below my code and output.



eg = eg.withColumn("lagged_date", lag(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, 1)
.over(Window.partitionBy("id")
.orderBy("Attributes_Timestamp_fix")))

eg = eg.withColumn("time_diff",
datediff(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, eg.lagged_date))

id Attributes_Timestamp_fix time_diff
0 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 NaN
1 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 0.0
2 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
3 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
4 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
5 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0









share|improve this question






























    0















    I have tried the code as in (this_post) and cannot get the date difference in seconds. I just take the datediff() between the columns 'Attributes_Timestamp_fix' and 'lagged_date' below.
    Any hints?
    Below my code and output.



    eg = eg.withColumn("lagged_date", lag(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, 1)
    .over(Window.partitionBy("id")
    .orderBy("Attributes_Timestamp_fix")))

    eg = eg.withColumn("time_diff",
    datediff(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, eg.lagged_date))

    id Attributes_Timestamp_fix time_diff
    0 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 NaN
    1 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 0.0
    2 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
    3 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
    4 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
    5 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0









    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I have tried the code as in (this_post) and cannot get the date difference in seconds. I just take the datediff() between the columns 'Attributes_Timestamp_fix' and 'lagged_date' below.
      Any hints?
      Below my code and output.



      eg = eg.withColumn("lagged_date", lag(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, 1)
      .over(Window.partitionBy("id")
      .orderBy("Attributes_Timestamp_fix")))

      eg = eg.withColumn("time_diff",
      datediff(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, eg.lagged_date))

      id Attributes_Timestamp_fix time_diff
      0 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 NaN
      1 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 0.0
      2 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      3 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      4 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      5 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0









      share|improve this question
















      I have tried the code as in (this_post) and cannot get the date difference in seconds. I just take the datediff() between the columns 'Attributes_Timestamp_fix' and 'lagged_date' below.
      Any hints?
      Below my code and output.



      eg = eg.withColumn("lagged_date", lag(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, 1)
      .over(Window.partitionBy("id")
      .orderBy("Attributes_Timestamp_fix")))

      eg = eg.withColumn("time_diff",
      datediff(eg.Attributes_Timestamp_fix, eg.lagged_date))

      id Attributes_Timestamp_fix time_diff
      0 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 NaN
      1 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:01:02 0.0
      2 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      3 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      4 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0
      5 3.531611e+14 2018-04-01 00:03:13 0.0






      python apache-spark pyspark datediff






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 10 at 17:52







      a_geo

















      asked Mar 8 at 23:42









      a_geoa_geo

      474




      474






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          In pyspark.sql.functions, there is a function datediff that unfortunately only computes differences in days. To overcome this, you can convert both dates in unix timestamps (in seconds) and compute the difference.



          Let's create some sample data, compute the lag and then the difference in seconds.



          from pyspark.sql.functions import col, lag, unix_timestamp
          from pyspark.sql.window import Window
          import datetime

          d = ['id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,01),
          'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,02),
          'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,04),
          'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,07)]

          df = spark.createDataFrame(d)
          df.show()
          +---+-------------------+
          | id| t|
          +---+-------------------+
          | 1|2018-01-01 00:00:00|
          | 1|2018-01-02 00:00:00|
          | 1|2018-01-04 00:00:00|
          | 1|2018-01-07 00:00:00|
          +---+-------------------+

          w = Window.partitionBy('id').orderBy('t')
          df.withColumn("previous_t", lag(df.t, 1).over(w))
          .select(df.t, (unix_timestamp(df.t) - unix_timestamp(col('previous_t'))).alias('diff'))
          .show()

          +-------------------+------+
          | t| diff|
          +-------------------+------+
          |2018-01-01 00:00:00| null|
          |2018-01-02 00:00:00| 86400|
          |2018-01-04 00:00:00|172800|
          |2018-01-07 00:00:00|259200|
          +-------------------+------+





          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072513%2fhow-to-get-datediff-in-seconds-in-pyspark%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            In pyspark.sql.functions, there is a function datediff that unfortunately only computes differences in days. To overcome this, you can convert both dates in unix timestamps (in seconds) and compute the difference.



            Let's create some sample data, compute the lag and then the difference in seconds.



            from pyspark.sql.functions import col, lag, unix_timestamp
            from pyspark.sql.window import Window
            import datetime

            d = ['id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,01),
            'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,02),
            'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,04),
            'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,07)]

            df = spark.createDataFrame(d)
            df.show()
            +---+-------------------+
            | id| t|
            +---+-------------------+
            | 1|2018-01-01 00:00:00|
            | 1|2018-01-02 00:00:00|
            | 1|2018-01-04 00:00:00|
            | 1|2018-01-07 00:00:00|
            +---+-------------------+

            w = Window.partitionBy('id').orderBy('t')
            df.withColumn("previous_t", lag(df.t, 1).over(w))
            .select(df.t, (unix_timestamp(df.t) - unix_timestamp(col('previous_t'))).alias('diff'))
            .show()

            +-------------------+------+
            | t| diff|
            +-------------------+------+
            |2018-01-01 00:00:00| null|
            |2018-01-02 00:00:00| 86400|
            |2018-01-04 00:00:00|172800|
            |2018-01-07 00:00:00|259200|
            +-------------------+------+





            share|improve this answer



























              1














              In pyspark.sql.functions, there is a function datediff that unfortunately only computes differences in days. To overcome this, you can convert both dates in unix timestamps (in seconds) and compute the difference.



              Let's create some sample data, compute the lag and then the difference in seconds.



              from pyspark.sql.functions import col, lag, unix_timestamp
              from pyspark.sql.window import Window
              import datetime

              d = ['id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,01),
              'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,02),
              'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,04),
              'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,07)]

              df = spark.createDataFrame(d)
              df.show()
              +---+-------------------+
              | id| t|
              +---+-------------------+
              | 1|2018-01-01 00:00:00|
              | 1|2018-01-02 00:00:00|
              | 1|2018-01-04 00:00:00|
              | 1|2018-01-07 00:00:00|
              +---+-------------------+

              w = Window.partitionBy('id').orderBy('t')
              df.withColumn("previous_t", lag(df.t, 1).over(w))
              .select(df.t, (unix_timestamp(df.t) - unix_timestamp(col('previous_t'))).alias('diff'))
              .show()

              +-------------------+------+
              | t| diff|
              +-------------------+------+
              |2018-01-01 00:00:00| null|
              |2018-01-02 00:00:00| 86400|
              |2018-01-04 00:00:00|172800|
              |2018-01-07 00:00:00|259200|
              +-------------------+------+





              share|improve this answer

























                1












                1








                1







                In pyspark.sql.functions, there is a function datediff that unfortunately only computes differences in days. To overcome this, you can convert both dates in unix timestamps (in seconds) and compute the difference.



                Let's create some sample data, compute the lag and then the difference in seconds.



                from pyspark.sql.functions import col, lag, unix_timestamp
                from pyspark.sql.window import Window
                import datetime

                d = ['id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,01),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,02),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,04),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,07)]

                df = spark.createDataFrame(d)
                df.show()
                +---+-------------------+
                | id| t|
                +---+-------------------+
                | 1|2018-01-01 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-02 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-04 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-07 00:00:00|
                +---+-------------------+

                w = Window.partitionBy('id').orderBy('t')
                df.withColumn("previous_t", lag(df.t, 1).over(w))
                .select(df.t, (unix_timestamp(df.t) - unix_timestamp(col('previous_t'))).alias('diff'))
                .show()

                +-------------------+------+
                | t| diff|
                +-------------------+------+
                |2018-01-01 00:00:00| null|
                |2018-01-02 00:00:00| 86400|
                |2018-01-04 00:00:00|172800|
                |2018-01-07 00:00:00|259200|
                +-------------------+------+





                share|improve this answer













                In pyspark.sql.functions, there is a function datediff that unfortunately only computes differences in days. To overcome this, you can convert both dates in unix timestamps (in seconds) and compute the difference.



                Let's create some sample data, compute the lag and then the difference in seconds.



                from pyspark.sql.functions import col, lag, unix_timestamp
                from pyspark.sql.window import Window
                import datetime

                d = ['id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,01),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,02),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,04),
                'id' : 1, 't' : datetime.datetime(2018,01,07)]

                df = spark.createDataFrame(d)
                df.show()
                +---+-------------------+
                | id| t|
                +---+-------------------+
                | 1|2018-01-01 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-02 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-04 00:00:00|
                | 1|2018-01-07 00:00:00|
                +---+-------------------+

                w = Window.partitionBy('id').orderBy('t')
                df.withColumn("previous_t", lag(df.t, 1).over(w))
                .select(df.t, (unix_timestamp(df.t) - unix_timestamp(col('previous_t'))).alias('diff'))
                .show()

                +-------------------+------+
                | t| diff|
                +-------------------+------+
                |2018-01-01 00:00:00| null|
                |2018-01-02 00:00:00| 86400|
                |2018-01-04 00:00:00|172800|
                |2018-01-07 00:00:00|259200|
                +-------------------+------+






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 10 at 18:39









                OliOli

                2,2941419




                2,2941419





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072513%2fhow-to-get-datediff-in-seconds-in-pyspark%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page