In a graph of nodes, detect whether the destruction of a single node would result in two unconnected graphsMap Tiling AlgorithmUkkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain EnglishTesting grid passabilityImage Processing: Algorithm Improvement for 'Coca-Cola Can' RecognitionAll paths of given length between two given nodes in a graphFind path between two nodes in graph, according to given criteria - optimization taskHow to find strongest path between two nodes in a directed graph in matlab or ucinet?Finding most efficient path between two nodes in an interval graphHow to compress a part of graph into a single node and be able to find shortest path from one node to all?Graph theory: path of X cost between two nodes

What's the difference between 'rename' and 'mv'?

Is it canonical bit space?

Is it possible to create light that imparts a greater proportion of its energy as momentum rather than heat?

Why is Collection not simply treated as Collection<?>

Why does Kotter return in Welcome Back Kotter

How do conventional missiles fly?

Can a rocket refuel on Mars from water?

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

What is the PIE reconstruction for word-initial alpha with rough breathing?

Fully-Firstable Anagram Sets

Will google still index a page if I use a $_SESSION variable?

A reference to a well-known characterization of scattered compact spaces

What does it mean to describe someone as a butt steak?

Emailing HOD to enhance faculty application

Infinite Abelian subgroup of infinite non Abelian group example

Can one be a co-translator of a book, if he does not know the language that the book is translated into?

How much of data wrangling is a data scientist's job?

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms why do people still use bamboo sticks when papers are already invented?

Blender 2.8 I can't see vertices, edges or faces in edit mode

Anagram holiday

Does a druid starting with a bow start with no arrows?

What do you call someone who asks many questions?

Why can't we play rap on piano?

How to take photos in burst mode, without vibration?



In a graph of nodes, detect whether the destruction of a single node would result in two unconnected graphs


Map Tiling AlgorithmUkkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain EnglishTesting grid passabilityImage Processing: Algorithm Improvement for 'Coca-Cola Can' RecognitionAll paths of given length between two given nodes in a graphFind path between two nodes in graph, according to given criteria - optimization taskHow to find strongest path between two nodes in a directed graph in matlab or ucinet?Finding most efficient path between two nodes in an interval graphHow to compress a part of graph into a single node and be able to find shortest path from one node to all?Graph theory: path of X cost between two nodes






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








1















I need this for a game I'm writing in golang.



I've got a bunch of nodes, each containing lists of other nodes, such that there exists a path between any two nodes.



(in fact the objects are rectangles of various sizes tiled together)



I need to test each node to see if, by its destruction, there would remain a path between any two of the remaining nodes, or if some would become unreachable.



(i.e. would the loss of a given rectangle result in two unconnected tiled regions, or would it remain a single tiled region)



I'm hoping a way to perform this test as efficiently as possible, because my code will have to perform this test one many different sets of nodes, as many times as possible, as part of descending into an alphabeta game-tree engine.



Many thanks for any help!










share|improve this question




























    1















    I need this for a game I'm writing in golang.



    I've got a bunch of nodes, each containing lists of other nodes, such that there exists a path between any two nodes.



    (in fact the objects are rectangles of various sizes tiled together)



    I need to test each node to see if, by its destruction, there would remain a path between any two of the remaining nodes, or if some would become unreachable.



    (i.e. would the loss of a given rectangle result in two unconnected tiled regions, or would it remain a single tiled region)



    I'm hoping a way to perform this test as efficiently as possible, because my code will have to perform this test one many different sets of nodes, as many times as possible, as part of descending into an alphabeta game-tree engine.



    Many thanks for any help!










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      I need this for a game I'm writing in golang.



      I've got a bunch of nodes, each containing lists of other nodes, such that there exists a path between any two nodes.



      (in fact the objects are rectangles of various sizes tiled together)



      I need to test each node to see if, by its destruction, there would remain a path between any two of the remaining nodes, or if some would become unreachable.



      (i.e. would the loss of a given rectangle result in two unconnected tiled regions, or would it remain a single tiled region)



      I'm hoping a way to perform this test as efficiently as possible, because my code will have to perform this test one many different sets of nodes, as many times as possible, as part of descending into an alphabeta game-tree engine.



      Many thanks for any help!










      share|improve this question














      I need this for a game I'm writing in golang.



      I've got a bunch of nodes, each containing lists of other nodes, such that there exists a path between any two nodes.



      (in fact the objects are rectangles of various sizes tiled together)



      I need to test each node to see if, by its destruction, there would remain a path between any two of the remaining nodes, or if some would become unreachable.



      (i.e. would the loss of a given rectangle result in two unconnected tiled regions, or would it remain a single tiled region)



      I'm hoping a way to perform this test as efficiently as possible, because my code will have to perform this test one many different sets of nodes, as many times as possible, as part of descending into an alphabeta game-tree engine.



      Many thanks for any help!







      algorithm go graph-theory






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 23:30









      ZackrobatZackrobat

      61




      61






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          2














          There's a linear time algorithm to find the biconnected components of a graph. The articulation nodes are the ones whose removal would disconnect the graph.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072407%2fin-a-graph-of-nodes-detect-whether-the-destruction-of-a-single-node-would-resul%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            2














            There's a linear time algorithm to find the biconnected components of a graph. The articulation nodes are the ones whose removal would disconnect the graph.






            share|improve this answer



























              2














              There's a linear time algorithm to find the biconnected components of a graph. The articulation nodes are the ones whose removal would disconnect the graph.






              share|improve this answer

























                2












                2








                2







                There's a linear time algorithm to find the biconnected components of a graph. The articulation nodes are the ones whose removal would disconnect the graph.






                share|improve this answer













                There's a linear time algorithm to find the biconnected components of a graph. The articulation nodes are the ones whose removal would disconnect the graph.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 23:48









                David EisenstatDavid Eisenstat

                38.6k73576




                38.6k73576





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072407%2fin-a-graph-of-nodes-detect-whether-the-destruction-of-a-single-node-would-resul%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page