Socket.io event listener not working on server sideWhat are Long-Polling, Websockets, Server-Sent Events (SSE) and Comet?Socket.io not firing events from client to serverSocket.io and Express 3Socket IO Server to Serversocket.io, server emit event before client set up listener for that eventsocket.io listen / listening eventsocket.io listen to ping events on the serverSocket.io - Server listen to specific roomHow does socket.io on the client listen to events emitted from server?(Socket.Io) Having a problem with io.sockets.in().emit()

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Watching something be written to a file live with tail

How to show the equivalence between the regularized regression and their constraint formulas using KKT

How to model explosives?

Is it legal for company to use my work email to pretend I still work there?

prove that the matrix A is diagonalizable

Theorems that impeded progress

What is the word for reserving something for yourself before others do?

Arrow those variables!

Emailing HOD to enhance faculty application

Anagram holiday

How to take photos in burst mode, without vibration?

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

AES: Why is it a good practice to use only the first 16bytes of a hash for encryption?

What killed these X2 caps?

Infinite Abelian subgroup of infinite non Abelian group example

Took a trip to a parallel universe, need help deciphering

Blender 2.8 I can't see vertices, edges or faces in edit mode

Is it unprofessional to ask if a job posting on GlassDoor is real?

Is it inappropriate for a student to attend their mentor's dissertation defense?

How to draw the figure with four pentagons?

Can I ask the recruiters in my resume to put the reason why I am rejected?

In a Spin are Both Wings Stalled?

Do I have a twin with permutated remainders?



Socket.io event listener not working on server side


What are Long-Polling, Websockets, Server-Sent Events (SSE) and Comet?Socket.io not firing events from client to serverSocket.io and Express 3Socket IO Server to Serversocket.io, server emit event before client set up listener for that eventsocket.io listen / listening eventsocket.io listen to ping events on the serverSocket.io - Server listen to specific roomHow does socket.io on the client listen to events emitted from server?(Socket.Io) Having a problem with io.sockets.in().emit()






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








1















I am using socket IO rooms in my project.



On the server side:



const PORT = 4200

const server = require('http').createServer(require('express')())
const io = require('socket.io')(server)

server.listen(PORT)

const room = 'example'

io.sockets.on('connection', (socket) =>
socket.join(room);
);


From emit data from a server to client, I am using io.sockets.in(room).emit(path, data) and it works perfectly.



The problem is when I listen for events from the client side that code is not fired.



io.sockets.on(path, () => console.log('FIRED'))


The path is definitely correct.



What is wrong? Am I using the on event incorrect?










share|improve this question
























  • Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

    – Markus
    Mar 8 at 23:46


















1















I am using socket IO rooms in my project.



On the server side:



const PORT = 4200

const server = require('http').createServer(require('express')())
const io = require('socket.io')(server)

server.listen(PORT)

const room = 'example'

io.sockets.on('connection', (socket) =>
socket.join(room);
);


From emit data from a server to client, I am using io.sockets.in(room).emit(path, data) and it works perfectly.



The problem is when I listen for events from the client side that code is not fired.



io.sockets.on(path, () => console.log('FIRED'))


The path is definitely correct.



What is wrong? Am I using the on event incorrect?










share|improve this question
























  • Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

    – Markus
    Mar 8 at 23:46














1












1








1


0






I am using socket IO rooms in my project.



On the server side:



const PORT = 4200

const server = require('http').createServer(require('express')())
const io = require('socket.io')(server)

server.listen(PORT)

const room = 'example'

io.sockets.on('connection', (socket) =>
socket.join(room);
);


From emit data from a server to client, I am using io.sockets.in(room).emit(path, data) and it works perfectly.



The problem is when I listen for events from the client side that code is not fired.



io.sockets.on(path, () => console.log('FIRED'))


The path is definitely correct.



What is wrong? Am I using the on event incorrect?










share|improve this question
















I am using socket IO rooms in my project.



On the server side:



const PORT = 4200

const server = require('http').createServer(require('express')())
const io = require('socket.io')(server)

server.listen(PORT)

const room = 'example'

io.sockets.on('connection', (socket) =>
socket.join(room);
);


From emit data from a server to client, I am using io.sockets.in(room).emit(path, data) and it works perfectly.



The problem is when I listen for events from the client side that code is not fired.



io.sockets.on(path, () => console.log('FIRED'))


The path is definitely correct.



What is wrong? Am I using the on event incorrect?







node.js websocket socket.io






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 9 at 4:11









Dale Burrell

3,43452655




3,43452655










asked Mar 8 at 23:16









cijowabehcijowabeh

62




62












  • Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

    – Markus
    Mar 8 at 23:46


















  • Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

    – Markus
    Mar 8 at 23:46

















Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

– Markus
Mar 8 at 23:46






Hey. It seems a lot of the code is missing. Can you provide a minimal, complete example of the code that is not working?

– Markus
Mar 8 at 23:46













0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072315%2fsocket-io-event-listener-not-working-on-server-side%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072315%2fsocket-io-event-listener-not-working-on-server-side%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page