getElementsByClassName gets one element when it comes from a php foreachPHP: Delete an element from an arrayHow to get the value from the GET parameters?How do I get PHP errors to display?Get selected text from a drop-down list (select box) using jQueryGet the first element of an arrayHow do I get a YouTube video thumbnail from the YouTube API?How to get the client IP address in PHPHow do I remove a particular element from an array in JavaScript?Get the full URL in PHPHow does PHP 'foreach' actually work?

90's TV series where a boy goes to another dimension through portal near power lines

Why does Kotter return in Welcome Back Kotter?

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms why do people still use bamboo sticks when paper had already been invented?

Theorems that impeded progress

Is it unprofessional to ask if a job posting on GlassDoor is real?

What is the intuition behind short exact sequences of groups; in particular, what is the intuition behind group extensions?

Why does Arabsat 6A need a Falcon Heavy to launch

Doing something right before you need it - expression for this?

Fully-Firstable Anagram Sets

How to draw the figure with four pentagons?

Did Shadowfax go to Valinor?

Is the Joker left-handed?

Is it possible to create light that imparts a greater proportion of its energy as momentum rather than heat?

Infinite Abelian subgroup of infinite non Abelian group example

What is going on with Captain Marvel's blood colour?

Why is it a bad idea to hire a hitman to eliminate most corrupt politicians?

Does a druid starting with a bow start with no arrows?

Anagram holiday

Why is Collection not simply treated as Collection<?>

Is there a hemisphere-neutral way of specifying a season?

What is the most common color to indicate the input-field is disabled?

How many spell slots should my level 1 wizard/level 1 fighter have?

Is it possible to run Internet Explorer on OS X El Capitan?

Why is consensus so controversial in Britain?



getElementsByClassName gets one element when it comes from a php foreach


PHP: Delete an element from an arrayHow to get the value from the GET parameters?How do I get PHP errors to display?Get selected text from a drop-down list (select box) using jQueryGet the first element of an arrayHow do I get a YouTube video thumbnail from the YouTube API?How to get the client IP address in PHPHow do I remove a particular element from an array in JavaScript?Get the full URL in PHPHow does PHP 'foreach' actually work?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








1















I have this code in HTML where I have a foreach in PHP so that it generates each div.



I want to change the style of the div class="div-oculto" when I click Ocultar(hide) and Mostrar(show) but only in the div selected.



My problem is when I click on "Ocultar", it hides all the divs from the class "div-oculto", not just the selected one. The same happens when I click on "Mostrar". It shows me all the div class="div-oculto"s, not just the selected one.



I can't use getElementById()because each div is created according to the foreach generated by PHP.



I think I have to add an addEventListener() to my elements but I do not know how to do it so that it works.



Please, help me.



Thank you so, so much!






<script type="text/javascript">

function Mostrar()
var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
elements[i].style.display = 'block';




function Ocultar()
var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
elements[i].style.display = 'none';



</script>

<?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


<div class="contenedor-curso">

<div class="contenedor-izq">

<div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
<ul>
<li>Duración</li>
<li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
<br>
<li>Horario</li>
<li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div class="pedirInfo">
<input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
</div>



<div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
<div class="descripcionCurso">
<p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
</div>

<div class="pedirInfo">
<input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
</div>

</div>

<?php ; ?>












share|improve this question






























    1















    I have this code in HTML where I have a foreach in PHP so that it generates each div.



    I want to change the style of the div class="div-oculto" when I click Ocultar(hide) and Mostrar(show) but only in the div selected.



    My problem is when I click on "Ocultar", it hides all the divs from the class "div-oculto", not just the selected one. The same happens when I click on "Mostrar". It shows me all the div class="div-oculto"s, not just the selected one.



    I can't use getElementById()because each div is created according to the foreach generated by PHP.



    I think I have to add an addEventListener() to my elements but I do not know how to do it so that it works.



    Please, help me.



    Thank you so, so much!






    <script type="text/javascript">

    function Mostrar()
    var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

    for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
    elements[i].style.display = 'block';




    function Ocultar()
    var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

    for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
    elements[i].style.display = 'none';



    </script>

    <?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


    <div class="contenedor-curso">

    <div class="contenedor-izq">

    <div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
    <ul>
    <li>Duración</li>
    <li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
    <br>
    <li>Horario</li>
    <li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

    <div class="pedirInfo">
    <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
    </div>



    <div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
    <div class="descripcionCurso">
    <p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
    </div>

    <div class="pedirInfo">
    <input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
    </div>

    </div>

    <?php ; ?>












    share|improve this question


























      1












      1








      1


      1






      I have this code in HTML where I have a foreach in PHP so that it generates each div.



      I want to change the style of the div class="div-oculto" when I click Ocultar(hide) and Mostrar(show) but only in the div selected.



      My problem is when I click on "Ocultar", it hides all the divs from the class "div-oculto", not just the selected one. The same happens when I click on "Mostrar". It shows me all the div class="div-oculto"s, not just the selected one.



      I can't use getElementById()because each div is created according to the foreach generated by PHP.



      I think I have to add an addEventListener() to my elements but I do not know how to do it so that it works.



      Please, help me.



      Thank you so, so much!






      <script type="text/javascript">

      function Mostrar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'block';




      function Ocultar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'none';



      </script>

      <?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


      <div class="contenedor-curso">

      <div class="contenedor-izq">

      <div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
      <ul>
      <li>Duración</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
      <br>
      <li>Horario</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
      </ul>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
      </div>



      <div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
      <div class="descripcionCurso">
      <p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
      </div>

      </div>

      <?php ; ?>












      share|improve this question
















      I have this code in HTML where I have a foreach in PHP so that it generates each div.



      I want to change the style of the div class="div-oculto" when I click Ocultar(hide) and Mostrar(show) but only in the div selected.



      My problem is when I click on "Ocultar", it hides all the divs from the class "div-oculto", not just the selected one. The same happens when I click on "Mostrar". It shows me all the div class="div-oculto"s, not just the selected one.



      I can't use getElementById()because each div is created according to the foreach generated by PHP.



      I think I have to add an addEventListener() to my elements but I do not know how to do it so that it works.



      Please, help me.



      Thank you so, so much!






      <script type="text/javascript">

      function Mostrar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'block';




      function Ocultar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'none';



      </script>

      <?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


      <div class="contenedor-curso">

      <div class="contenedor-izq">

      <div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
      <ul>
      <li>Duración</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
      <br>
      <li>Horario</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
      </ul>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
      </div>



      <div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
      <div class="descripcionCurso">
      <p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
      </div>

      </div>

      <?php ; ?>








      <script type="text/javascript">

      function Mostrar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'block';




      function Ocultar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'none';



      </script>

      <?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


      <div class="contenedor-curso">

      <div class="contenedor-izq">

      <div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
      <ul>
      <li>Duración</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
      <br>
      <li>Horario</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
      </ul>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
      </div>



      <div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
      <div class="descripcionCurso">
      <p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
      </div>

      </div>

      <?php ; ?>





      <script type="text/javascript">

      function Mostrar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'block';




      function Ocultar()
      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');

      for(var i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
      elements[i].style.display = 'none';



      </script>

      <?php foreach ($cursos as $curso) ?>


      <div class="contenedor-curso">

      <div class="contenedor-izq">

      <div class="duracion-frecuencia-horario">
      <ul>
      <li>Duración</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->duracion; ?></strong></li>
      <br>
      <li>Horario</li>
      <li><strong><?php echo $curso->horario; ?></strong></li>
      </ul>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()">
      </div>



      <div class="div-oculto" id="div-oculto">
      <div class="descripcionCurso">
      <p><?php echo $curso->detalle; ?></p>
      </div>

      <div class="pedirInfo">
      <input type="submit" value="Ocultar" onclick="Ocultar()">
      </div>

      </div>

      <?php ; ?>






      javascript php






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 23:33









      PinkClimbingApple

      10818




      10818










      asked Mar 8 at 23:28









      SteffSteff

      112




      112






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          Yes, you need to apply a event listener for each object that you want to click on, but not as a group. You still can use the same handler function for those groups though.
          For example:



           var ocultoElements = [];
          window.onload = function ()
          ocultoElements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');
          for (i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
          ocultoElements[i].addEventListener("click", oculto_clickHandler.bind(this));


          function oculto_clickHandler(e)
          for (i = 0; i < ocultoElements.length; i++)
          if (ocultoElements[i] !== e.target)
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "none";

          else
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "block";








          share|improve this answer

























          • This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

            – Nick
            Mar 8 at 23:57












          • Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

            – Steff
            Mar 9 at 1:28












          • Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

            – Mick
            Mar 9 at 2:01











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072396%2fgetelementsbyclassname-gets-one-element-when-it-comes-from-a-php-foreach%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          1














          Yes, you need to apply a event listener for each object that you want to click on, but not as a group. You still can use the same handler function for those groups though.
          For example:



           var ocultoElements = [];
          window.onload = function ()
          ocultoElements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');
          for (i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
          ocultoElements[i].addEventListener("click", oculto_clickHandler.bind(this));


          function oculto_clickHandler(e)
          for (i = 0; i < ocultoElements.length; i++)
          if (ocultoElements[i] !== e.target)
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "none";

          else
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "block";








          share|improve this answer

























          • This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

            – Nick
            Mar 8 at 23:57












          • Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

            – Steff
            Mar 9 at 1:28












          • Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

            – Mick
            Mar 9 at 2:01















          1














          Yes, you need to apply a event listener for each object that you want to click on, but not as a group. You still can use the same handler function for those groups though.
          For example:



           var ocultoElements = [];
          window.onload = function ()
          ocultoElements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');
          for (i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
          ocultoElements[i].addEventListener("click", oculto_clickHandler.bind(this));


          function oculto_clickHandler(e)
          for (i = 0; i < ocultoElements.length; i++)
          if (ocultoElements[i] !== e.target)
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "none";

          else
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "block";








          share|improve this answer

























          • This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

            – Nick
            Mar 8 at 23:57












          • Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

            – Steff
            Mar 9 at 1:28












          • Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

            – Mick
            Mar 9 at 2:01













          1












          1








          1







          Yes, you need to apply a event listener for each object that you want to click on, but not as a group. You still can use the same handler function for those groups though.
          For example:



           var ocultoElements = [];
          window.onload = function ()
          ocultoElements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');
          for (i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
          ocultoElements[i].addEventListener("click", oculto_clickHandler.bind(this));


          function oculto_clickHandler(e)
          for (i = 0; i < ocultoElements.length; i++)
          if (ocultoElements[i] !== e.target)
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "none";

          else
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "block";








          share|improve this answer















          Yes, you need to apply a event listener for each object that you want to click on, but not as a group. You still can use the same handler function for those groups though.
          For example:



           var ocultoElements = [];
          window.onload = function ()
          ocultoElements = document.getElementsByClassName('div-oculto');
          for (i = 0; i < elements.length; i++)
          ocultoElements[i].addEventListener("click", oculto_clickHandler.bind(this));


          function oculto_clickHandler(e)
          for (i = 0; i < ocultoElements.length; i++)
          if (ocultoElements[i] !== e.target)
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "none";

          else
          ocultoElements[i].style.display = "block";









          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Mar 9 at 19:21









          PinkClimbingApple

          10818




          10818










          answered Mar 8 at 23:48









          MickMick

          8715




          8715












          • This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

            – Nick
            Mar 8 at 23:57












          • Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

            – Steff
            Mar 9 at 1:28












          • Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

            – Mick
            Mar 9 at 2:01

















          • This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

            – Nick
            Mar 8 at 23:57












          • Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

            – Steff
            Mar 9 at 1:28












          • Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

            – Mick
            Mar 9 at 2:01
















          This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

          – Nick
          Mar 8 at 23:57






          This would be the easiest approach. You could significantly shorten this code by using this to reference each individual item as well.

          – Nick
          Mar 8 at 23:57














          Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

          – Steff
          Mar 9 at 1:28






          Do I have to remove the onclick from the html tag? <input type="submit" value="Mostrar" onclick="Mostrar()"> I remove it but it does not work for the moment :(

          – Steff
          Mar 9 at 1:28














          Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

          – Mick
          Mar 9 at 2:01





          Firstly, you shouldn't use the same name for the class as for the id of a element, as this will lead to confusion (for you). Secondly, if you want just certain div elements to react to a specific button click event then you should target them individually in each of those click event handlers. What I wrote was a generalization approach for what you had presented.

          – Mick
          Mar 9 at 2:01



















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072396%2fgetelementsbyclassname-gets-one-element-when-it-comes-from-a-php-foreach%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page