How to set up cron job to run php page with pear mailHow can I prevent SQL injection in PHP?How do I list all cron jobs for all users?How do I get PHP errors to display?How Do You Parse and Process HTML/XML in PHP?CRON - PHP - file_get_contents to run PHP page and email with CRONHow does PHP 'foreach' actually work?how to run php file using cron jobsExecuting a PHP script with a CRON Jobwget cron job doesn't work but when manually refreshing script it workscron job to run url cpanel

How can I prevent hyper evolved versions of regular creatures from wiping out their cousins?

Can a virus destroy the BIOS of a modern computer?

Facing a paradox: Earnshaw's theorem in one dimension

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

Why can't we play rap on piano?

Is "remove commented out code" correct English?

Is it canonical bit space?

How to prevent "they're falling in love" trope

What do you call someone who asks many questions?

Why do I get two different answers for this counting problem?

What's the point of deactivating Num Lock on login screens?

Did Shadowfax go to Valinor?

What to put in ESTA if staying in US for a few days before going on to Canada

How do conventional missiles fly?

Can I ask the recruiters in my resume to put the reason why I am rejected?

Fully-Firstable Anagram Sets

What exploit are these user agents trying to use?

Where does SFDX store details about scratch orgs?

Is there a hemisphere-neutral way of specifying a season?

Western buddy movie with a supernatural twist where a woman turns into an eagle at the end

Why is the 'in' operator throwing an error with a string literal instead of logging false?

What's the difference between 'rename' and 'mv'?

What about the virus in 12 Monkeys?

Why "Having chlorophyll without photosynthesis is actually very dangerous" and "like living with a bomb"?



How to set up cron job to run php page with pear mail


How can I prevent SQL injection in PHP?How do I list all cron jobs for all users?How do I get PHP errors to display?How Do You Parse and Process HTML/XML in PHP?CRON - PHP - file_get_contents to run PHP page and email with CRONHow does PHP 'foreach' actually work?how to run php file using cron jobsExecuting a PHP script with a CRON Jobwget cron job doesn't work but when manually refreshing script it workscron job to run url cpanel






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I have a php page automatic/emails.php that when clicked will run several functions to output a Pear Mail email to applicable users. It works when I manually go to the page. How do I run a cron job through my cPannel to have it run every morning?



I understand the * * * * * * but I don't know what command to use or if I have to alter my php page. I have tried:



 30 17 8 * * lynx -source http://example.com/auto/emails.php


and



 30 17 8 * * lynx http://example.com/auto/emails.php` 


and



 30 17 8 * * wget http://example.com/auto/emails.php


I have included my email for the server to send me an email when the cron job runs, but nothing has happened. The time was from when I tried it earlier today.



Any help is appreciated. I've tried to research this but can't find anything simple enough to start with. Thanks!










share|improve this question
























  • Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

    – Luis Cabrera Benito
    Mar 8 at 23:40











  • if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

    – Ibu
    Mar 8 at 23:40

















0















I have a php page automatic/emails.php that when clicked will run several functions to output a Pear Mail email to applicable users. It works when I manually go to the page. How do I run a cron job through my cPannel to have it run every morning?



I understand the * * * * * * but I don't know what command to use or if I have to alter my php page. I have tried:



 30 17 8 * * lynx -source http://example.com/auto/emails.php


and



 30 17 8 * * lynx http://example.com/auto/emails.php` 


and



 30 17 8 * * wget http://example.com/auto/emails.php


I have included my email for the server to send me an email when the cron job runs, but nothing has happened. The time was from when I tried it earlier today.



Any help is appreciated. I've tried to research this but can't find anything simple enough to start with. Thanks!










share|improve this question
























  • Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

    – Luis Cabrera Benito
    Mar 8 at 23:40











  • if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

    – Ibu
    Mar 8 at 23:40













0












0








0








I have a php page automatic/emails.php that when clicked will run several functions to output a Pear Mail email to applicable users. It works when I manually go to the page. How do I run a cron job through my cPannel to have it run every morning?



I understand the * * * * * * but I don't know what command to use or if I have to alter my php page. I have tried:



 30 17 8 * * lynx -source http://example.com/auto/emails.php


and



 30 17 8 * * lynx http://example.com/auto/emails.php` 


and



 30 17 8 * * wget http://example.com/auto/emails.php


I have included my email for the server to send me an email when the cron job runs, but nothing has happened. The time was from when I tried it earlier today.



Any help is appreciated. I've tried to research this but can't find anything simple enough to start with. Thanks!










share|improve this question
















I have a php page automatic/emails.php that when clicked will run several functions to output a Pear Mail email to applicable users. It works when I manually go to the page. How do I run a cron job through my cPannel to have it run every morning?



I understand the * * * * * * but I don't know what command to use or if I have to alter my php page. I have tried:



 30 17 8 * * lynx -source http://example.com/auto/emails.php


and



 30 17 8 * * lynx http://example.com/auto/emails.php` 


and



 30 17 8 * * wget http://example.com/auto/emails.php


I have included my email for the server to send me an email when the cron job runs, but nothing has happened. The time was from when I tried it earlier today.



Any help is appreciated. I've tried to research this but can't find anything simple enough to start with. Thanks!







php cron html-email pear






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 10 at 15:42









PS1212

690614




690614










asked Mar 8 at 23:37









Abigail HardinAbigail Hardin

72111




72111












  • Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

    – Luis Cabrera Benito
    Mar 8 at 23:40











  • if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

    – Ibu
    Mar 8 at 23:40

















  • Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

    – Luis Cabrera Benito
    Mar 8 at 23:40











  • if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

    – Ibu
    Mar 8 at 23:40
















Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

– Luis Cabrera Benito
Mar 8 at 23:40





Don't put the url from your site, put the path of your script (for example /var/www/public/script.php)

– Luis Cabrera Benito
Mar 8 at 23:40













if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

– Ibu
Mar 8 at 23:40





if it doesn't require some info from the web browser, you can call it directly with php: php emails.php

– Ibu
Mar 8 at 23:40












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














I found this site that really explained the basics, which is what I was looking for. https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/run-php-scripts-from-cron-jobs



I ended up using curl http://example.com/script.php but the site really helped.






share|improve this answer























    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072476%2fhow-to-set-up-cron-job-to-run-php-page-with-pear-mail%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    I found this site that really explained the basics, which is what I was looking for. https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/run-php-scripts-from-cron-jobs



    I ended up using curl http://example.com/script.php but the site really helped.






    share|improve this answer



























      0














      I found this site that really explained the basics, which is what I was looking for. https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/run-php-scripts-from-cron-jobs



      I ended up using curl http://example.com/script.php but the site really helped.






      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        I found this site that really explained the basics, which is what I was looking for. https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/run-php-scripts-from-cron-jobs



        I ended up using curl http://example.com/script.php but the site really helped.






        share|improve this answer













        I found this site that really explained the basics, which is what I was looking for. https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/developer-corner/php/run-php-scripts-from-cron-jobs



        I ended up using curl http://example.com/script.php but the site really helped.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 10 at 15:15









        Abigail HardinAbigail Hardin

        72111




        72111





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072476%2fhow-to-set-up-cron-job-to-run-php-page-with-pear-mail%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page