Using Git Commands in TeamCity The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do I discard unstaged changes in Git?How to remove local (untracked) files from the current Git working tree?What is the difference between 'git pull' and 'git fetch'?How to undo 'git add' before commit?How do I undo the most recent commits in Git?How do I force “git pull” to overwrite local files?How do I check out a remote Git branch?How do I delete a Git branch both locally and remotely?How to revert a Git repository to a previous commitHow do I rename a local Git branch?

What makes a siege story/plot interesting?

What does "Its cash flow is deeply negative" mean?

How can I quit an app using Terminal?

Why did we only see the N-1 starfighters in one film?

What do "high sea" and "carry" mean in this sentence?

Inappropriate reference requests from Journal reviewers

I believe this to be a fraud - hired, then asked to cash check and send cash as Bitcoin

Does it take more energy to get to Venus or to Mars?

How can I open an app using Terminal?

The King's new dress

How to count occurrences of text in a file?

Opposite of a diet

Is it okay to store user locations?

WOW air has ceased operation, can I get my tickets refunded?

Is HostGator storing my password in plaintext?

Is it safe to use c_str() on a temporary string?

If the heap is initialized for security, then why is the stack uninitialized?

Anatomically Correct Strange Women In Ponds Distributing Swords

Where to find order of arguments for default functions

How easy is it to start Magic from scratch?

Why do remote companies require working in the US?

Unreliable Magic - Is it worth it?

Implement the Thanos sorting algorithm

Anatomically Correct Mesopelagic Aves



Using Git Commands in TeamCity



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do I discard unstaged changes in Git?How to remove local (untracked) files from the current Git working tree?What is the difference between 'git pull' and 'git fetch'?How to undo 'git add' before commit?How do I undo the most recent commits in Git?How do I force “git pull” to overwrite local files?How do I check out a remote Git branch?How do I delete a Git branch both locally and remotely?How to revert a Git repository to a previous commitHow do I rename a local Git branch?










0















I want to return the results from a GIT command in my TeamCity build log. Unfortunately, I cannot using GIT commands within the Build Steps as the commands are not recognized. Any idea how I can return the results on my GIT command? Preferably, I would like to be able to pass the results to a parameter.



FYI, the git command I am using is to return the latest merged pull requests;



git log --grep="Merge pull request #[0-9]+" --pretty=oneline -1










share|improve this question


























    0















    I want to return the results from a GIT command in my TeamCity build log. Unfortunately, I cannot using GIT commands within the Build Steps as the commands are not recognized. Any idea how I can return the results on my GIT command? Preferably, I would like to be able to pass the results to a parameter.



    FYI, the git command I am using is to return the latest merged pull requests;



    git log --grep="Merge pull request #[0-9]+" --pretty=oneline -1










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I want to return the results from a GIT command in my TeamCity build log. Unfortunately, I cannot using GIT commands within the Build Steps as the commands are not recognized. Any idea how I can return the results on my GIT command? Preferably, I would like to be able to pass the results to a parameter.



      FYI, the git command I am using is to return the latest merged pull requests;



      git log --grep="Merge pull request #[0-9]+" --pretty=oneline -1










      share|improve this question














      I want to return the results from a GIT command in my TeamCity build log. Unfortunately, I cannot using GIT commands within the Build Steps as the commands are not recognized. Any idea how I can return the results on my GIT command? Preferably, I would like to be able to pass the results to a parameter.



      FYI, the git command I am using is to return the latest merged pull requests;



      git log --grep="Merge pull request #[0-9]+" --pretty=oneline -1







      git teamcity






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 12:56









      KerbolKerbol

      111118




      111118






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          You need to select "Always checkout files on agent" in a Version Control Settings page. This requires you to install git on the agents.



          Unlike server checkout, Agent checkout creates all the necessary VCS-specific folders (e.g. .git) and makes it possible to run git commands.



          More details could be found in TeamCity documentation on VCS Checkout Mode.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063699%2fusing-git-commands-in-teamcity%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            You need to select "Always checkout files on agent" in a Version Control Settings page. This requires you to install git on the agents.



            Unlike server checkout, Agent checkout creates all the necessary VCS-specific folders (e.g. .git) and makes it possible to run git commands.



            More details could be found in TeamCity documentation on VCS Checkout Mode.






            share|improve this answer



























              1














              You need to select "Always checkout files on agent" in a Version Control Settings page. This requires you to install git on the agents.



              Unlike server checkout, Agent checkout creates all the necessary VCS-specific folders (e.g. .git) and makes it possible to run git commands.



              More details could be found in TeamCity documentation on VCS Checkout Mode.






              share|improve this answer

























                1












                1








                1







                You need to select "Always checkout files on agent" in a Version Control Settings page. This requires you to install git on the agents.



                Unlike server checkout, Agent checkout creates all the necessary VCS-specific folders (e.g. .git) and makes it possible to run git commands.



                More details could be found in TeamCity documentation on VCS Checkout Mode.






                share|improve this answer













                You need to select "Always checkout files on agent" in a Version Control Settings page. This requires you to install git on the agents.



                Unlike server checkout, Agent checkout creates all the necessary VCS-specific folders (e.g. .git) and makes it possible to run git commands.



                More details could be found in TeamCity documentation on VCS Checkout Mode.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 20:00









                cyberskunkcyberskunk

                1,4381620




                1,4381620





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063699%2fusing-git-commands-in-teamcity%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page