How to create a perfect square-layout in android depending on the phones width The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do save an Android Activity state using save instance state?Strange out of memory issue while loading an image to a Bitmap objectFling gesture detection on grid layoutWhy is the Android emulator so slow? How can we speed up the Android emulator?How do I create a transparent Activity on Android?Android layout with square buttonsAndroid Drawing Separator/Divider Line in Layout?What's “tools:context” in Android layout files?Layout width equal heightHow to make layout with rounded corners..?

Example of a Mathematician/Physicist whose Other Publications during their PhD eclipsed their PhD Thesis

Is it safe to use c_str() on a temporary string?

How do scammers retract money, while you can’t?

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

Shade part of a Venn diagram

Why didn't Theresa May consult with Parliament before negotiating a deal with the EU?

How to get regions to plot as graphics

Why were Madagascar and New Zealand discovered so late?

Are there languages with no euphemisms?

How to start emacs in "nothing" mode (`fundamental-mode`)

Trouble understanding the speech of overseas colleagues

Science fiction (dystopian) short story set after WWIII

How do I construct this japanese bowl?

How can I quit an app using Terminal?

Text adventure game code

Is HostGator storing my password in plaintext?

How long to clear the 'suck zone' of a turbofan after start is initiated?

Is a stroke of luck acceptable after a series of unfavorable events?

Where to find order of arguments for default functions

How do I go from 300 unfinished/half written blog posts, to published posts?

If the heap is initialized for security, then why is the stack uninitialized?

How did people program for Consoles with multiple CPUs?

WOW air has ceased operation, can I get my tickets refunded?

Why do remote companies require working in the US?



How to create a perfect square-layout in android depending on the phones width



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do save an Android Activity state using save instance state?Strange out of memory issue while loading an image to a Bitmap objectFling gesture detection on grid layoutWhy is the Android emulator so slow? How can we speed up the Android emulator?How do I create a transparent Activity on Android?Android layout with square buttonsAndroid Drawing Separator/Divider Line in Layout?What's “tools:context” in Android layout files?Layout width equal heightHow to make layout with rounded corners..?










0















I am new to XML and I have been messing with XML for a while but couldn't achieve the look that I wanted. I wanted to create a square layout depending on the phones width. For example the phone's width is 768X1280, how do I setup a layout that is 768x768 (perfect square) on the top of my screen leaving out the rest of the space for buttons and other stuffs?










share|improve this question


























    0















    I am new to XML and I have been messing with XML for a while but couldn't achieve the look that I wanted. I wanted to create a square layout depending on the phones width. For example the phone's width is 768X1280, how do I setup a layout that is 768x768 (perfect square) on the top of my screen leaving out the rest of the space for buttons and other stuffs?










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I am new to XML and I have been messing with XML for a while but couldn't achieve the look that I wanted. I wanted to create a square layout depending on the phones width. For example the phone's width is 768X1280, how do I setup a layout that is 768x768 (perfect square) on the top of my screen leaving out the rest of the space for buttons and other stuffs?










      share|improve this question














      I am new to XML and I have been messing with XML for a while but couldn't achieve the look that I wanted. I wanted to create a square layout depending on the phones width. For example the phone's width is 768X1280, how do I setup a layout that is 768x768 (perfect square) on the top of my screen leaving out the rest of the space for buttons and other stuffs?







      android xml layout






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Aug 26 '13 at 16:58









      JimiJimi

      1




      1






















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          You can make it dynamically (in onCreate Method)



          Display display = getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();

          ActualLayoutWidth = display.getWidth();

          params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(ActualLayoutWidth ,
          ActualLayoutWidth );

          yourLayout.setLayoutParams(params);





          share|improve this answer























          • thanks i will give it a try

            – Jimi
            Aug 26 '13 at 20:30


















          0














           You can use Constraint layout for perfect square 


          <android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
          android:id="@+id/ll_second"
          android:layout_width="match_parent"
          android:layout_height="wrap_content"
          android:layout_below="@+id/main_second"
          android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
          android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
          android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
          android:orientation="horizontal">

          <FrameLayout
          android:id="@+id/f1"
          android:layout_width="0dp"
          android:layout_height="0dp"
          android:layout_marginEnd="5dp"
          android:background="@android:color/black"
          app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
          app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="@+id/f2"
          app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
          app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

          </FrameLayout>

          <FrameLayout
          android:id="@+id/f2"
          android:layout_width="0dp"
          android:layout_height="0dp"
          android:layout_marginStart="5dp"
          android:background="@android:color/black"
          app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
          app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
          app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
          app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/f1">

          </FrameLayout>



          </android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>





          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f18449157%2fhow-to-create-a-perfect-square-layout-in-android-depending-on-the-phones-width%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes








            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            You can make it dynamically (in onCreate Method)



            Display display = getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();

            ActualLayoutWidth = display.getWidth();

            params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(ActualLayoutWidth ,
            ActualLayoutWidth );

            yourLayout.setLayoutParams(params);





            share|improve this answer























            • thanks i will give it a try

              – Jimi
              Aug 26 '13 at 20:30















            1














            You can make it dynamically (in onCreate Method)



            Display display = getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();

            ActualLayoutWidth = display.getWidth();

            params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(ActualLayoutWidth ,
            ActualLayoutWidth );

            yourLayout.setLayoutParams(params);





            share|improve this answer























            • thanks i will give it a try

              – Jimi
              Aug 26 '13 at 20:30













            1












            1








            1







            You can make it dynamically (in onCreate Method)



            Display display = getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();

            ActualLayoutWidth = display.getWidth();

            params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(ActualLayoutWidth ,
            ActualLayoutWidth );

            yourLayout.setLayoutParams(params);





            share|improve this answer













            You can make it dynamically (in onCreate Method)



            Display display = getWindowManager().getDefaultDisplay();

            ActualLayoutWidth = display.getWidth();

            params = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams(ActualLayoutWidth ,
            ActualLayoutWidth );

            yourLayout.setLayoutParams(params);






            share|improve this answer












            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer










            answered Aug 26 '13 at 17:04









            SHASHIDHAR MANCHUKONDASHASHIDHAR MANCHUKONDA

            2,82121438




            2,82121438












            • thanks i will give it a try

              – Jimi
              Aug 26 '13 at 20:30

















            • thanks i will give it a try

              – Jimi
              Aug 26 '13 at 20:30
















            thanks i will give it a try

            – Jimi
            Aug 26 '13 at 20:30





            thanks i will give it a try

            – Jimi
            Aug 26 '13 at 20:30













            0














             You can use Constraint layout for perfect square 


            <android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
            android:id="@+id/ll_second"
            android:layout_width="match_parent"
            android:layout_height="wrap_content"
            android:layout_below="@+id/main_second"
            android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
            android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
            android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
            android:orientation="horizontal">

            <FrameLayout
            android:id="@+id/f1"
            android:layout_width="0dp"
            android:layout_height="0dp"
            android:layout_marginEnd="5dp"
            android:background="@android:color/black"
            app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
            app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="@+id/f2"
            app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
            app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

            </FrameLayout>

            <FrameLayout
            android:id="@+id/f2"
            android:layout_width="0dp"
            android:layout_height="0dp"
            android:layout_marginStart="5dp"
            android:background="@android:color/black"
            app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
            app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
            app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
            app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/f1">

            </FrameLayout>



            </android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>





            share|improve this answer



























              0














               You can use Constraint layout for perfect square 


              <android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
              android:id="@+id/ll_second"
              android:layout_width="match_parent"
              android:layout_height="wrap_content"
              android:layout_below="@+id/main_second"
              android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
              android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
              android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
              android:orientation="horizontal">

              <FrameLayout
              android:id="@+id/f1"
              android:layout_width="0dp"
              android:layout_height="0dp"
              android:layout_marginEnd="5dp"
              android:background="@android:color/black"
              app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
              app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="@+id/f2"
              app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
              app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

              </FrameLayout>

              <FrameLayout
              android:id="@+id/f2"
              android:layout_width="0dp"
              android:layout_height="0dp"
              android:layout_marginStart="5dp"
              android:background="@android:color/black"
              app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
              app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
              app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
              app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/f1">

              </FrameLayout>



              </android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>





              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                 You can use Constraint layout for perfect square 


                <android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
                android:id="@+id/ll_second"
                android:layout_width="match_parent"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                android:layout_below="@+id/main_second"
                android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
                android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
                android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
                android:orientation="horizontal">

                <FrameLayout
                android:id="@+id/f1"
                android:layout_width="0dp"
                android:layout_height="0dp"
                android:layout_marginEnd="5dp"
                android:background="@android:color/black"
                app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
                app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="@+id/f2"
                app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

                </FrameLayout>

                <FrameLayout
                android:id="@+id/f2"
                android:layout_width="0dp"
                android:layout_height="0dp"
                android:layout_marginStart="5dp"
                android:background="@android:color/black"
                app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
                app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/f1">

                </FrameLayout>



                </android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>





                share|improve this answer













                 You can use Constraint layout for perfect square 


                <android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout
                android:id="@+id/ll_second"
                android:layout_width="match_parent"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                android:layout_below="@+id/main_second"
                android:layout_marginStart="20dp"
                android:layout_marginEnd="20dp"
                android:layout_marginBottom="10dp"
                android:orientation="horizontal">

                <FrameLayout
                android:id="@+id/f1"
                android:layout_width="0dp"
                android:layout_height="0dp"
                android:layout_marginEnd="5dp"
                android:background="@android:color/black"
                app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
                app:layout_constraintEnd_toStartOf="@+id/f2"
                app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent">

                </FrameLayout>

                <FrameLayout
                android:id="@+id/f2"
                android:layout_width="0dp"
                android:layout_height="0dp"
                android:layout_marginStart="5dp"
                android:background="@android:color/black"
                app:layout_constraintDimensionRatio="H,1:1"
                app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
                app:layout_constraintStart_toEndOf="@+id/f1">

                </FrameLayout>



                </android.support.constraint.ConstraintLayout>






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 13:13









                Piyush MathurPiyush Mathur

                113




                113



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f18449157%2fhow-to-create-a-perfect-square-layout-in-android-depending-on-the-phones-width%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page