Why do my WKWebviews work on the simulator, but are unable to pull up the files on the iPad? The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do you display a PDF file form the local directory on an iPad?Loading Local PDF File Into WebViewWKWebView not loading local files under iOS 8WKWebView is not working with FileManager for documentDirectoryIOS localized sound file not working on deviceGet File Path of File Displayed in WKWebViewAlamofire download to file system doesn't workWKWebView XMLHttpRequest Failed to load resourceLoading remote url with local assets ( JS, Css, png etc.. ) with WkWeBViewXamarin forms, PDF shows up on iOS Simulator but not on the real iPad

What can we do to stop prior company from asking us questions?

How to count occurrences of text in a file?

When Does an Atlas Uniquely Define a Manifold?

Can a caster that cast Polymorph on themselves stop concentrating at any point even if their Int is low?

Is it safe to use c_str() on a temporary string?

Horror movie/show or scene where a horse creature opens its mouth really wide and devours a man in a stables

Unreliable Magic - Is it worth it?

How can I open an app using Terminal?

Where to find order of arguments for default functions

Grabbing quick drinks

% symbol leads to superlong (forever?) compilations

Anatomically Correct Strange Women In Ponds Distributing Swords

How to start emacs in "nothing" mode (`fundamental-mode`)

When airplanes disconnect from a tanker during air to air refueling, why do they bank so sharply to the right?

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

How do scammers retract money, while you can’t?

Example of a Mathematician/Physicist whose Other Publications during their PhD eclipsed their PhD Thesis

What is the difference between "behavior" and "behaviour"?

Does it take more energy to get to Venus or to Mars?

Shade part of a Venn diagram

Why does C# sound extremely flat when saxophone is tuned to G?

How to Reset Passwords on Multiple Websites Easily?

Opposite of a diet

What makes a siege story/plot interesting?



Why do my WKWebviews work on the simulator, but are unable to pull up the files on the iPad?



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow do you display a PDF file form the local directory on an iPad?Loading Local PDF File Into WebViewWKWebView not loading local files under iOS 8WKWebView is not working with FileManager for documentDirectoryIOS localized sound file not working on deviceGet File Path of File Displayed in WKWebViewAlamofire download to file system doesn't workWKWebView XMLHttpRequest Failed to load resourceLoading remote url with local assets ( JS, Css, png etc.. ) with WkWeBViewXamarin forms, PDF shows up on iOS Simulator but not on the real iPad










0















I am using a WKWebview to show a local file, and it works perfectly on the device simulator. However, when I start the app they files are available- I check it and have it print out the path if the file exists, however the webviews are unable to pull it up. Later on I use the data from that file to send it in an email and that function works great.



Here is the code relating to opening up the local file on the WKWebView:



 func loadPDF()
let path = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(.documentDirectory, .userDomainMask, true)[0] as String
let url = NSURL(fileURLWithPath: path)
if let pathComponent = url.appendingPathComponent("Survey-(pdf.fileTitle!).pdf")
let filePath = pathComponent.path
let fileManager = FileManager.default
if fileManager.fileExists(atPath: filePath)
print("FILE AVAILABLE")
print(filePath)
let newURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: filePath)
let request = URLRequest(url: newURL)
pdfView.load(request)
else
print("FILE NOT AVAILABLE")
print(filePath)

else
print("FILE PATH NOT AVAILABLE")












share|improve this question


























    0















    I am using a WKWebview to show a local file, and it works perfectly on the device simulator. However, when I start the app they files are available- I check it and have it print out the path if the file exists, however the webviews are unable to pull it up. Later on I use the data from that file to send it in an email and that function works great.



    Here is the code relating to opening up the local file on the WKWebView:



     func loadPDF()
    let path = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(.documentDirectory, .userDomainMask, true)[0] as String
    let url = NSURL(fileURLWithPath: path)
    if let pathComponent = url.appendingPathComponent("Survey-(pdf.fileTitle!).pdf")
    let filePath = pathComponent.path
    let fileManager = FileManager.default
    if fileManager.fileExists(atPath: filePath)
    print("FILE AVAILABLE")
    print(filePath)
    let newURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: filePath)
    let request = URLRequest(url: newURL)
    pdfView.load(request)
    else
    print("FILE NOT AVAILABLE")
    print(filePath)

    else
    print("FILE PATH NOT AVAILABLE")












    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I am using a WKWebview to show a local file, and it works perfectly on the device simulator. However, when I start the app they files are available- I check it and have it print out the path if the file exists, however the webviews are unable to pull it up. Later on I use the data from that file to send it in an email and that function works great.



      Here is the code relating to opening up the local file on the WKWebView:



       func loadPDF()
      let path = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(.documentDirectory, .userDomainMask, true)[0] as String
      let url = NSURL(fileURLWithPath: path)
      if let pathComponent = url.appendingPathComponent("Survey-(pdf.fileTitle!).pdf")
      let filePath = pathComponent.path
      let fileManager = FileManager.default
      if fileManager.fileExists(atPath: filePath)
      print("FILE AVAILABLE")
      print(filePath)
      let newURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: filePath)
      let request = URLRequest(url: newURL)
      pdfView.load(request)
      else
      print("FILE NOT AVAILABLE")
      print(filePath)

      else
      print("FILE PATH NOT AVAILABLE")












      share|improve this question














      I am using a WKWebview to show a local file, and it works perfectly on the device simulator. However, when I start the app they files are available- I check it and have it print out the path if the file exists, however the webviews are unable to pull it up. Later on I use the data from that file to send it in an email and that function works great.



      Here is the code relating to opening up the local file on the WKWebView:



       func loadPDF()
      let path = NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(.documentDirectory, .userDomainMask, true)[0] as String
      let url = NSURL(fileURLWithPath: path)
      if let pathComponent = url.appendingPathComponent("Survey-(pdf.fileTitle!).pdf")
      let filePath = pathComponent.path
      let fileManager = FileManager.default
      if fileManager.fileExists(atPath: filePath)
      print("FILE AVAILABLE")
      print(filePath)
      let newURL = URL(fileURLWithPath: filePath)
      let request = URLRequest(url: newURL)
      pdfView.load(request)
      else
      print("FILE NOT AVAILABLE")
      print(filePath)

      else
      print("FILE PATH NOT AVAILABLE")









      ios swift ipad wkwebview






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 13:12









      DRaffDRaff

      84




      84






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          Since no one was able to answer this and I was quite stumped myself, I found that using the UIDocumentPicker was a way easier and more clean way of viewing my pdf files. I also was able to use the native share button instead of the one I hard coded myself.






          share|improve this answer























            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063961%2fwhy-do-my-wkwebviews-work-on-the-simulator-but-are-unable-to-pull-up-the-files%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            Since no one was able to answer this and I was quite stumped myself, I found that using the UIDocumentPicker was a way easier and more clean way of viewing my pdf files. I also was able to use the native share button instead of the one I hard coded myself.






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              Since no one was able to answer this and I was quite stumped myself, I found that using the UIDocumentPicker was a way easier and more clean way of viewing my pdf files. I also was able to use the native share button instead of the one I hard coded myself.






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                Since no one was able to answer this and I was quite stumped myself, I found that using the UIDocumentPicker was a way easier and more clean way of viewing my pdf files. I also was able to use the native share button instead of the one I hard coded myself.






                share|improve this answer













                Since no one was able to answer this and I was quite stumped myself, I found that using the UIDocumentPicker was a way easier and more clean way of viewing my pdf files. I also was able to use the native share button instead of the one I hard coded myself.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 9 at 23:40









                DRaffDRaff

                84




                84





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063961%2fwhy-do-my-wkwebviews-work-on-the-simulator-but-are-unable-to-pull-up-the-files%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page