Email confirmation - strange behavior The Next CEO of Stack OverflowSendGrid email read confirmationWordpress email confirmationAuto-redirect not working after user authenticationHow would you call async method in a method which cannot be async in C# without using .ResultUsing async / await inside .Select lambda.net (dotnet) core webapi and async method - feedback wantedConfirmation Email in aspnetboilerplateASP Core 2.1 Email ConfirmationEmail confirm page missingHow to return a user to application after account creation

How to count occurrences of text in a file?

Why is there a PLL in CPU?

Fastest way to shutdown Ubuntu Mate 18.10

What does this shorthand mean?

Why didn't Khan get resurrected in the Genesis Explosion?

Why do remote companies require working in the US?

Implement the Thanos sorting algorithm

What is meant by a M next to a roman numeral?

Why doesn't a table tennis ball float on the surface? How do we calculate buoyancy here?

If I blow insulation everywhere in my attic except the door trap, will heat escape through it?

How can I get through very long and very dry, but also very useful technical documents when learning a new tool?

Whats the best way to handle refactoring a big file?

Does it take more energy to get to Venus or to Mars?

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

Inappropriate reference requests from Journal reviewers

Unreliable Magic - Is it worth it?

Increase performance creating Mandelbrot set in python

How do I solve this limit?

Describing a person. What needs to be mentioned?

Horror movie/show or scene where a horse creature opens its mouth really wide and devours a man in a stables

Is it okay to store user locations?

Why did we only see the N-1 starfighters in one film?

Trouble understanding the speech of overseas colleagues

How do I get the green key off the shelf in the Dobby level of Lego Harry Potter 2?



Email confirmation - strange behavior



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowSendGrid email read confirmationWordpress email confirmationAuto-redirect not working after user authenticationHow would you call async method in a method which cannot be async in C# without using .ResultUsing async / await inside .Select lambda.net (dotnet) core webapi and async method - feedback wantedConfirmation Email in aspnetboilerplateASP Core 2.1 Email ConfirmationEmail confirm page missingHow to return a user to application after account creation










0















Does anyone have an idea why this is happening to me?



In this case, 'result' is 'Success':



public async Task<IActionResult> TestConfirmInSameRequest(string userId)

var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);
var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

var newLocation = ...
return Redirect(newLocation);



And in this case, 'result' always is 'InvalidToken' (even when I manually copy the original code and test with it)



public async Task<IActionResult> ConfirmEmail(string userId, string code)

var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

var newLocation = ...;
return Redirect(newLocation);


protected async Task SendConfirmationEmail(string userId, bool originMobile)

var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);

var encodedCode = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(code);
var callbackUrl = $"https://.../api/account/confirmemail?userId=userId&code=encodedCode";

await this._userService.SendConfirmationEmailAsync(userId, callbackUrl);










share|improve this question


























    0















    Does anyone have an idea why this is happening to me?



    In this case, 'result' is 'Success':



    public async Task<IActionResult> TestConfirmInSameRequest(string userId)

    var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
    var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);
    var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

    var newLocation = ...
    return Redirect(newLocation);



    And in this case, 'result' always is 'InvalidToken' (even when I manually copy the original code and test with it)



    public async Task<IActionResult> ConfirmEmail(string userId, string code)

    var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
    var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

    var newLocation = ...;
    return Redirect(newLocation);


    protected async Task SendConfirmationEmail(string userId, bool originMobile)

    var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
    var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);

    var encodedCode = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(code);
    var callbackUrl = $"https://.../api/account/confirmemail?userId=userId&code=encodedCode";

    await this._userService.SendConfirmationEmailAsync(userId, callbackUrl);










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      Does anyone have an idea why this is happening to me?



      In this case, 'result' is 'Success':



      public async Task<IActionResult> TestConfirmInSameRequest(string userId)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);
      var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

      var newLocation = ...
      return Redirect(newLocation);



      And in this case, 'result' always is 'InvalidToken' (even when I manually copy the original code and test with it)



      public async Task<IActionResult> ConfirmEmail(string userId, string code)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

      var newLocation = ...;
      return Redirect(newLocation);


      protected async Task SendConfirmationEmail(string userId, bool originMobile)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);

      var encodedCode = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(code);
      var callbackUrl = $"https://.../api/account/confirmemail?userId=userId&code=encodedCode";

      await this._userService.SendConfirmationEmailAsync(userId, callbackUrl);










      share|improve this question














      Does anyone have an idea why this is happening to me?



      In this case, 'result' is 'Success':



      public async Task<IActionResult> TestConfirmInSameRequest(string userId)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);
      var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

      var newLocation = ...
      return Redirect(newLocation);



      And in this case, 'result' always is 'InvalidToken' (even when I manually copy the original code and test with it)



      public async Task<IActionResult> ConfirmEmail(string userId, string code)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var result = await this._userManager.ConfirmEmailAsync(user, code);

      var newLocation = ...;
      return Redirect(newLocation);


      protected async Task SendConfirmationEmail(string userId, bool originMobile)

      var user = await this._userManager.FindByIdAsync(userId);
      var code = await this._userManager.GenerateEmailConfirmationTokenAsync(user);

      var encodedCode = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(code);
      var callbackUrl = $"https://.../api/account/confirmemail?userId=userId&code=encodedCode";

      await this._userService.SendConfirmationEmailAsync(userId, callbackUrl);







      asp.net-core asp.net-core-identity email-confirmation asp.net-core-configuration






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 12:45









      Kalin KrastevKalin Krastev

      339216




      339216






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          When sending (SendConfirmationEmail) the e-mail you urlencode the token, but in ConfirmEmail you are not decoding the token.



          Encoding it just makes sure it can be used in a URL and no breaking characters are in the URL. However, the token you should validate is not the encoded one, its still the token you got before encoding. In other words; you need to decode the token again so its back to the way it was when it got generated.






          share|improve this answer

























          • The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:18











          • Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:23












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063524%2femail-confirmation-strange-behavior%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          0














          When sending (SendConfirmationEmail) the e-mail you urlencode the token, but in ConfirmEmail you are not decoding the token.



          Encoding it just makes sure it can be used in a URL and no breaking characters are in the URL. However, the token you should validate is not the encoded one, its still the token you got before encoding. In other words; you need to decode the token again so its back to the way it was when it got generated.






          share|improve this answer

























          • The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:18











          • Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:23
















          0














          When sending (SendConfirmationEmail) the e-mail you urlencode the token, but in ConfirmEmail you are not decoding the token.



          Encoding it just makes sure it can be used in a URL and no breaking characters are in the URL. However, the token you should validate is not the encoded one, its still the token you got before encoding. In other words; you need to decode the token again so its back to the way it was when it got generated.






          share|improve this answer

























          • The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:18











          • Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:23














          0












          0








          0







          When sending (SendConfirmationEmail) the e-mail you urlencode the token, but in ConfirmEmail you are not decoding the token.



          Encoding it just makes sure it can be used in a URL and no breaking characters are in the URL. However, the token you should validate is not the encoded one, its still the token you got before encoding. In other words; you need to decode the token again so its back to the way it was when it got generated.






          share|improve this answer















          When sending (SendConfirmationEmail) the e-mail you urlencode the token, but in ConfirmEmail you are not decoding the token.



          Encoding it just makes sure it can be used in a URL and no breaking characters are in the URL. However, the token you should validate is not the encoded one, its still the token you got before encoding. In other words; you need to decode the token again so its back to the way it was when it got generated.







          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Mar 8 at 13:04

























          answered Mar 8 at 12:50









          Roel AbspoelRoel Abspoel

          34627




          34627












          • The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:18











          • Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:23


















          • The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:18











          • Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

            – Kalin Krastev
            Mar 8 at 14:23

















          The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

          – Kalin Krastev
          Mar 8 at 14:18





          The 'code' comes as already decoded. I have also tried decoding it using HttpUtility.UrlDecode(code). - Same result except that in this case when I compare the original generated code and the decoded, they look different as the decoded one is missing '+' symbols that were present before decoding and in the original one.

          – Kalin Krastev
          Mar 8 at 14:18













          Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

          – Kalin Krastev
          Mar 8 at 14:23






          Also as I've mentioned in the question, I tried copying the 'code' right after it was generated, and then pasting it in the 'ConfirmEmail' method directly, which also results in 'InvalidToken'.

          – Kalin Krastev
          Mar 8 at 14:23




















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55063524%2femail-confirmation-strange-behavior%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page