Where can I get authentication token for aws get-current-user?login issue with aws command line interface with MFA code/tokenHow to call a list of AWS Lambda permissions for a functionUnable to construct AWS S3 signature for method in PythonAuthenticate requests from xamarin.forms to aws API Gateway with Cognito jwt tokenaws cognito user get id token androidAWS - Unable to access S3 bucket from EC2 windowsAWS cognitos - Federated Identitiesaws apigateway update-integration cli errorHow to get refresh token using amazon cognito in case of Preauthenticated UserHow to get the local file when uploading it to amazon aws s3?

How do I lift the insulation blower into the attic?

Weird lines in Microsoft Word

Not hide and seek

Writing in a Christian voice

Would this string work as string?

Should a narrator ever describe things based on a character's view instead of facts?

A seasonal riddle

Did I make a mistake by ccing email to boss to others?

Capacitor electron flow

Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions

Why didn't Voldemort know what Grindelwald looked like?

How do you say "Trust your struggle." in French?

Highest stage count that are used one right after the other?

Turning a hard to access nut?

What is the meaning of "You've never met a graph you didn't like?"

What do the positive and negative (+/-) transmit and receive pins mean on Ethernet cables?

How to split IPA spelling into syllables

Why does a 97 / 92 key piano exist by Bosendorfer?

1 John in Luther’s Bibel

Unfrosted light bulb

Can you take a "free object interaction" while incapacitated?

Do people actually use the word "kaputt" in conversation?

Is this saw blade faulty?

categorizing a variable turns it from insignificant to significant



Where can I get authentication token for aws get-current-user?


login issue with aws command line interface with MFA code/tokenHow to call a list of AWS Lambda permissions for a functionUnable to construct AWS S3 signature for method in PythonAuthenticate requests from xamarin.forms to aws API Gateway with Cognito jwt tokenaws cognito user get id token androidAWS - Unable to access S3 bucket from EC2 windowsAWS cognitos - Federated Identitiesaws apigateway update-integration cli errorHow to get refresh token using amazon cognito in case of Preauthenticated UserHow to get the local file when uploading it to amazon aws s3?













0















I am trying to figure out what's the current user for aws s3? I found this command line online:[https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/workdocs/get-current-user.html]



get-current-user
--authentication-token <value>
[--cli-input-json <value>]
[--generate-cli-skeleton <value>]


But this command line requires authetication token. Where can I find it or is there better solution for me to get the current user for aws s3?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 20:34











  • @stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

    – Lusha Li
    Mar 7 at 21:33











  • A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 22:24












  • --authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

    – Michael - sqlbot
    Mar 8 at 18:27















0















I am trying to figure out what's the current user for aws s3? I found this command line online:[https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/workdocs/get-current-user.html]



get-current-user
--authentication-token <value>
[--cli-input-json <value>]
[--generate-cli-skeleton <value>]


But this command line requires authetication token. Where can I find it or is there better solution for me to get the current user for aws s3?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 20:34











  • @stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

    – Lusha Li
    Mar 7 at 21:33











  • A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 22:24












  • --authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

    – Michael - sqlbot
    Mar 8 at 18:27













0












0








0








I am trying to figure out what's the current user for aws s3? I found this command line online:[https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/workdocs/get-current-user.html]



get-current-user
--authentication-token <value>
[--cli-input-json <value>]
[--generate-cli-skeleton <value>]


But this command line requires authetication token. Where can I find it or is there better solution for me to get the current user for aws s3?










share|improve this question














I am trying to figure out what's the current user for aws s3? I found this command line online:[https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/workdocs/get-current-user.html]



get-current-user
--authentication-token <value>
[--cli-input-json <value>]
[--generate-cli-skeleton <value>]


But this command line requires authetication token. Where can I find it or is there better solution for me to get the current user for aws s3?







amazon-web-services amazon-s3






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 20:30









Lusha LiLusha Li

1138




1138







  • 1





    If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 20:34











  • @stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

    – Lusha Li
    Mar 7 at 21:33











  • A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 22:24












  • --authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

    – Michael - sqlbot
    Mar 8 at 18:27












  • 1





    If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 20:34











  • @stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

    – Lusha Li
    Mar 7 at 21:33











  • A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

    – stdunbar
    Mar 7 at 22:24












  • --authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

    – Michael - sqlbot
    Mar 8 at 18:27







1




1





If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

– stdunbar
Mar 7 at 20:34





If you have no authorization token then there is no user. Can you elaborate a bit on what you're trying to do?

– stdunbar
Mar 7 at 20:34













@stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

– Lusha Li
Mar 7 at 21:33





@stdunbar, I think I have the authorization token, but I don't know where to find it. Will it be in the aws console?

– Lusha Li
Mar 7 at 21:33













A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

– stdunbar
Mar 7 at 22:24






A token will be made of two parts, an access key and a secret key. This information is usually stored in your home directory under the .aws directory. If you have not explicitly set these up then they don't exist. To create the keys, see the AWS docs for details.

– stdunbar
Mar 7 at 22:24














--authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

– Michael - sqlbot
Mar 8 at 18:27





--authentication-token here is a WorkDocs token. Please start your question by explaining the original problem you were trying to solve, rather than how you are trying to solve it, because your attempted solution may be off track. To find the "current user" in most cases, the correct commands are aws iam get-user or aws sts get-caller-identity.

– Michael - sqlbot
Mar 8 at 18:27












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052332%2fwhere-can-i-get-authentication-token-for-aws-get-current-user%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052332%2fwhere-can-i-get-authentication-token-for-aws-get-current-user%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page