Passing transient data between test and chaincodeTesting the chaincode during developmentWhy after Unmarshalling I got different num of bytes but the same result after Marshalling?Error when instantiate chaincodeAssign additional field when unmarshalling JSON object to GO structHyperledger Fabric: peer chaincode invoke: pass JSON object to chaincode function?Hyperledger Fabric Chaincode Development Language - NodeJS, Java, or Go?Using CGO develop fabric chaincodeFabric chaincode instantiation failsOrderer timeout while Instantiating the chaincode using Docker-ComposeError when invoking chaincode: signature set did not satisfy policy

Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions

Why is implicit conversion not ambiguous for non-primitive types?

How to preserve electronics (computers, ipads, phones) for hundreds of years?

Is there a distance limit for minecart tracks?

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Hashing password to increase entropy

What is it called when someone votes for an option that's not their first choice?

Should I be concerned about student access to a test bank?

Would a primitive species be able to learn English from reading books alone?

How do you say "Trust your struggle." in French?

How do you justify more code being written by following clean code practices?

Why do Radio Buttons not fill the entire outer circle?

Connection Between Knot Theory and Number Theory

Not hide and seek

Is this saw blade faulty?

Why would five hundred and five same as one?

PTIJ: Which Dr. Seuss books should one obtain?

Checking @@ROWCOUNT failing

What is the meaning of "You've never met a graph you didn't like?"

Why is "la Gestapo" feminine?

How can I, as DM, avoid the Conga Line of Death occurring when implementing some form of flanking rule?

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

Recursively move files within sub directories

Travelling in US for more than 90 days



Passing transient data between test and chaincode


Testing the chaincode during developmentWhy after Unmarshalling I got different num of bytes but the same result after Marshalling?Error when instantiate chaincodeAssign additional field when unmarshalling JSON object to GO structHyperledger Fabric: peer chaincode invoke: pass JSON object to chaincode function?Hyperledger Fabric Chaincode Development Language - NodeJS, Java, or Go?Using CGO develop fabric chaincodeFabric chaincode instantiation failsOrderer timeout while Instantiating the chaincode using Docker-ComposeError when invoking chaincode: signature set did not satisfy policy













0















From what I've seen, Fabric doesn't support testing private data collections with MockStub. What I've tried to do below is workaround the lack of a transient field on MockStub by embedding MockStub within another struct.



The problem is that in the chaincode, while I can extract the transient data (stub.GetTransient()), I cannot access the needed field of my map.



Here's my struct:



type MockStubWithTransient struct 
shim.MockStub
transient map[string]interface



The test:



func TestCreatePOI (t *testing.T) 
fmt.Println("Entering TestCreatePOI")
stub := NewMockStubWithTransient(""poi":"status":"unconfirmed","id":"123"")
fmt.Println(stub)
// prints: &[] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] <nil> <nil> map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[] map[poi:map[status:unconfirmed id:123]]
// can access stub.transient["poi"]

result := stub.MockInvoke("001",[][]byte[]byte("CreatePOI"))
fmt.Println(result)


func NewMockStubWithTransient(transient string) *MockStubWithTransient
var tMap map[string]interface
_ := json.Unmarshal([]byte(transient), &tMap)
s := shim.NewMockStub("mockStub", new(POIChaincode))
st := &MockStubWithTransient
transient: tMap,
MockStub: *s,


return st



When I print the stub as my chaincode sees it, I get:



&[[67 114 101 97 116 101 80 114 111 111 102 79 102 73 110 115 117 114 97 110 99 101]] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] 001 seconds:1551988379 nanos:68249460 0xc0000c6190 map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[]


And I can call stub.GetTransient() but what I get is map[].



How can I populate and access the transient field of stub when stub originates in a test?



I'm not set on this method of doing things, I just need a way to unit test my chaincode that utilizes private data collections. Thank you!










share|improve this question




























    0















    From what I've seen, Fabric doesn't support testing private data collections with MockStub. What I've tried to do below is workaround the lack of a transient field on MockStub by embedding MockStub within another struct.



    The problem is that in the chaincode, while I can extract the transient data (stub.GetTransient()), I cannot access the needed field of my map.



    Here's my struct:



    type MockStubWithTransient struct 
    shim.MockStub
    transient map[string]interface



    The test:



    func TestCreatePOI (t *testing.T) 
    fmt.Println("Entering TestCreatePOI")
    stub := NewMockStubWithTransient(""poi":"status":"unconfirmed","id":"123"")
    fmt.Println(stub)
    // prints: &[] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] <nil> <nil> map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[] map[poi:map[status:unconfirmed id:123]]
    // can access stub.transient["poi"]

    result := stub.MockInvoke("001",[][]byte[]byte("CreatePOI"))
    fmt.Println(result)


    func NewMockStubWithTransient(transient string) *MockStubWithTransient
    var tMap map[string]interface
    _ := json.Unmarshal([]byte(transient), &tMap)
    s := shim.NewMockStub("mockStub", new(POIChaincode))
    st := &MockStubWithTransient
    transient: tMap,
    MockStub: *s,


    return st



    When I print the stub as my chaincode sees it, I get:



    &[[67 114 101 97 116 101 80 114 111 111 102 79 102 73 110 115 117 114 97 110 99 101]] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] 001 seconds:1551988379 nanos:68249460 0xc0000c6190 map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[]


    And I can call stub.GetTransient() but what I get is map[].



    How can I populate and access the transient field of stub when stub originates in a test?



    I'm not set on this method of doing things, I just need a way to unit test my chaincode that utilizes private data collections. Thank you!










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      From what I've seen, Fabric doesn't support testing private data collections with MockStub. What I've tried to do below is workaround the lack of a transient field on MockStub by embedding MockStub within another struct.



      The problem is that in the chaincode, while I can extract the transient data (stub.GetTransient()), I cannot access the needed field of my map.



      Here's my struct:



      type MockStubWithTransient struct 
      shim.MockStub
      transient map[string]interface



      The test:



      func TestCreatePOI (t *testing.T) 
      fmt.Println("Entering TestCreatePOI")
      stub := NewMockStubWithTransient(""poi":"status":"unconfirmed","id":"123"")
      fmt.Println(stub)
      // prints: &[] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] <nil> <nil> map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[] map[poi:map[status:unconfirmed id:123]]
      // can access stub.transient["poi"]

      result := stub.MockInvoke("001",[][]byte[]byte("CreatePOI"))
      fmt.Println(result)


      func NewMockStubWithTransient(transient string) *MockStubWithTransient
      var tMap map[string]interface
      _ := json.Unmarshal([]byte(transient), &tMap)
      s := shim.NewMockStub("mockStub", new(POIChaincode))
      st := &MockStubWithTransient
      transient: tMap,
      MockStub: *s,


      return st



      When I print the stub as my chaincode sees it, I get:



      &[[67 114 101 97 116 101 80 114 111 111 102 79 102 73 110 115 117 114 97 110 99 101]] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] 001 seconds:1551988379 nanos:68249460 0xc0000c6190 map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[]


      And I can call stub.GetTransient() but what I get is map[].



      How can I populate and access the transient field of stub when stub originates in a test?



      I'm not set on this method of doing things, I just need a way to unit test my chaincode that utilizes private data collections. Thank you!










      share|improve this question
















      From what I've seen, Fabric doesn't support testing private data collections with MockStub. What I've tried to do below is workaround the lack of a transient field on MockStub by embedding MockStub within another struct.



      The problem is that in the chaincode, while I can extract the transient data (stub.GetTransient()), I cannot access the needed field of my map.



      Here's my struct:



      type MockStubWithTransient struct 
      shim.MockStub
      transient map[string]interface



      The test:



      func TestCreatePOI (t *testing.T) 
      fmt.Println("Entering TestCreatePOI")
      stub := NewMockStubWithTransient(""poi":"status":"unconfirmed","id":"123"")
      fmt.Println(stub)
      // prints: &[] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] <nil> <nil> map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[] map[poi:map[status:unconfirmed id:123]]
      // can access stub.transient["poi"]

      result := stub.MockInvoke("001",[][]byte[]byte("CreatePOI"))
      fmt.Println(result)


      func NewMockStubWithTransient(transient string) *MockStubWithTransient
      var tMap map[string]interface
      _ := json.Unmarshal([]byte(transient), &tMap)
      s := shim.NewMockStub("mockStub", new(POIChaincode))
      st := &MockStubWithTransient
      transient: tMap,
      MockStub: *s,


      return st



      When I print the stub as my chaincode sees it, I get:



      &[[67 114 101 97 116 101 80 114 111 111 102 79 102 73 110 115 117 114 97 110 99 101]] 0x158ffc0 mockStub map[] 0xc00014e960 map[] 001 seconds:1551988379 nanos:68249460 0xc0000c6190 map[] map[] 0xc0000467e0 map[]


      And I can call stub.GetTransient() but what I get is map[].



      How can I populate and access the transient field of stub when stub originates in a test?



      I'm not set on this method of doing things, I just need a way to unit test my chaincode that utilizes private data collections. Thank you!







      go hyperledger-fabric hyperledger-chaincode






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 11 at 17:11







      BillD

















      asked Mar 7 at 20:13









      BillDBillD

      33




      33






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052110%2fpassing-transient-data-between-test-and-chaincode%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052110%2fpassing-transient-data-between-test-and-chaincode%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices