Is it possible create a React app that uses an older version of react-scripts from create-react-app CLI?create-react-app not workingDebugging Tests With Create React App using Typescript in VSCode or ChromeHow to resolve sh: react-scripts: command not found?Create React App not workingcreate-react-app-typescript failed with Proxy Authentication required error while creating appReact: create-react-app fails with error “Cannot find module 'lodash'”Create React App (TypeScript) auto-generating react-app-env.d.ts in src directoryHow can i correct the error i keep getting in creating a react appHow to fix npm package braces issue with react-scripts v2.1.5 when npm audit does nothing?create-react-app + npm start - 'react-scripts' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Friend wants my recommendation but I don't want to give it to him

Error in master's thesis, I do not know what to do

What is the period/term used describe Giuseppe Arcimboldo's style of painting?

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

What do the positive and negative (+/-) transmit and receive pins mean on Ethernet cables?

How do you say "Trust your struggle." in French?

Is this saw blade faulty?

Derivative of an interpolated function

Travelling in US for more than 90 days

When is the exact date for EOL of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

Why is "la Gestapo" feminine?

Why is implicit conversion not ambiguous for non-primitive types?

Why didn't Voldemort know what Grindelwald looked like?

Extract substring according to regexp with sed or grep

Connection Between Knot Theory and Number Theory

Trouble reading roman numeral notation with flats

What is the tangent at a sharp point on a curve?

Make a Bowl of Alphabet Soup

Would this string work as string?

If the Dominion rule using their Jem'Hadar troops, why is their life expectancy so low?

How to join two vertical cells in latex?

Why is participating in the European Parliamentary elections used as a threat?

Hashing password to increase entropy

Is there a distance limit for minecart tracks?



Is it possible create a React app that uses an older version of react-scripts from create-react-app CLI?


create-react-app not workingDebugging Tests With Create React App using Typescript in VSCode or ChromeHow to resolve sh: react-scripts: command not found?Create React App not workingcreate-react-app-typescript failed with Proxy Authentication required error while creating appReact: create-react-app fails with error “Cannot find module 'lodash'”Create React App (TypeScript) auto-generating react-app-env.d.ts in src directoryHow can i correct the error i keep getting in creating a react appHow to fix npm package braces issue with react-scripts v2.1.5 when npm audit does nothing?create-react-app + npm start - 'react-scripts' is not recognized as an internal or external command













0















I had created a React app using the CLI a few days ago:



create-react-app myapp --typescript


At that time, I had gotten react-scripts 2.1.5 in my package.json.



Today I upgraded to react-scripts 2.1.8 using the following recommended command:



npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.8


Unfortunately my app broke. It was giving me a runtime error:



Uncaught TypeError: Object prototype may only be an Object or null: undefined


Unfortunately I can't revert to my previous build since I had not committed it. So I tried to restore to react-scripts 2.1.5 using the following command:



npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.5


This has restored the version of react-scripts, but I am still getting the same runtime error.



Is there a way to recreate the original version of my app that uses react-scripts 2.1.5 using the CLI? I suspect that something has not reverted correctly in package-lock.json.










share|improve this question


























    0















    I had created a React app using the CLI a few days ago:



    create-react-app myapp --typescript


    At that time, I had gotten react-scripts 2.1.5 in my package.json.



    Today I upgraded to react-scripts 2.1.8 using the following recommended command:



    npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.8


    Unfortunately my app broke. It was giving me a runtime error:



    Uncaught TypeError: Object prototype may only be an Object or null: undefined


    Unfortunately I can't revert to my previous build since I had not committed it. So I tried to restore to react-scripts 2.1.5 using the following command:



    npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.5


    This has restored the version of react-scripts, but I am still getting the same runtime error.



    Is there a way to recreate the original version of my app that uses react-scripts 2.1.5 using the CLI? I suspect that something has not reverted correctly in package-lock.json.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I had created a React app using the CLI a few days ago:



      create-react-app myapp --typescript


      At that time, I had gotten react-scripts 2.1.5 in my package.json.



      Today I upgraded to react-scripts 2.1.8 using the following recommended command:



      npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.8


      Unfortunately my app broke. It was giving me a runtime error:



      Uncaught TypeError: Object prototype may only be an Object or null: undefined


      Unfortunately I can't revert to my previous build since I had not committed it. So I tried to restore to react-scripts 2.1.5 using the following command:



      npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.5


      This has restored the version of react-scripts, but I am still getting the same runtime error.



      Is there a way to recreate the original version of my app that uses react-scripts 2.1.5 using the CLI? I suspect that something has not reverted correctly in package-lock.json.










      share|improve this question














      I had created a React app using the CLI a few days ago:



      create-react-app myapp --typescript


      At that time, I had gotten react-scripts 2.1.5 in my package.json.



      Today I upgraded to react-scripts 2.1.8 using the following recommended command:



      npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.8


      Unfortunately my app broke. It was giving me a runtime error:



      Uncaught TypeError: Object prototype may only be an Object or null: undefined


      Unfortunately I can't revert to my previous build since I had not committed it. So I tried to restore to react-scripts 2.1.5 using the following command:



      npm install --save --save-exact react-scripts@2.1.5


      This has restored the version of react-scripts, but I am still getting the same runtime error.



      Is there a way to recreate the original version of my app that uses react-scripts 2.1.5 using the CLI? I suspect that something has not reverted correctly in package-lock.json.







      create-react-app react-scripts






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 7 at 20:22









      NareshNaresh

      7,1611976121




      7,1611976121






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052219%2fis-it-possible-create-a-react-app-that-uses-an-older-version-of-react-scripts-fr%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052219%2fis-it-possible-create-a-react-app-that-uses-an-older-version-of-react-scripts-fr%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page