Excel VBA, Run-time Error '1004' when applying a formulaIs there a way to crack the password on an Excel VBA Project?Shortcut to Apply a Formula to an Entire Column in ExcelMacro to copy to another sheet in one line horizontallyFor loop through range, task is copy and paste specialHow to avoid using Select in Excel VBAFixing my macro to copy a range to the next blank column?Excel VBA to search for up to 15 values in one searchVlookup help needed - Can't seem to find this answer elsewhereexcel replace function in access vbaConditional copy Excel File-2 data to excel file-1?

Not hide and seek

Started in 1987 vs. Starting in 1987

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

Is divisi notation needed for brass or woodwind in an orchestra?

How to preserve electronics (computers, ipads, phones) for hundreds of years?

How to split IPA spelling into syllables

Do native speakers use "ultima" and "proxima" frequently in spoken English?

What is the purpose of using a decision tree?

Why does a 97 / 92 key piano exist by Bosendorfer?

Would this string work as string?

Are all namekians brothers?

Unfrosted light bulb

Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions

Why is implicit conversion not ambiguous for non-primitive types?

What is the meaning of "You've never met a graph you didn't like?"

Why do Radio Buttons not fill the entire outer circle?

Friend wants my recommendation but I don't want to give it to him

Make a Bowl of Alphabet Soup

What is the period/term used describe Giuseppe Arcimboldo's style of painting?

Why can't I get pgrep output right to variable on bash script?

What is it called when someone votes for an option that's not their first choice?

Put the phone down / Put down the phone

What can I do if I am asked to learn different programming languages very frequently?

What do the positive and negative (+/-) transmit and receive pins mean on Ethernet cables?



Excel VBA, Run-time Error '1004' when applying a formula


Is there a way to crack the password on an Excel VBA Project?Shortcut to Apply a Formula to an Entire Column in ExcelMacro to copy to another sheet in one line horizontallyFor loop through range, task is copy and paste specialHow to avoid using Select in Excel VBAFixing my macro to copy a range to the next blank column?Excel VBA to search for up to 15 values in one searchVlookup help needed - Can't seem to find this answer elsewhereexcel replace function in access vbaConditional copy Excel File-2 data to excel file-1?













0















I keep getting an error when trying to apply a formula in a cell of a recently opened sheet. Error occurs on third line. What's causing the problem?



ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Z:Daily Mainsource MacrosNIS.xlsx"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="file pathroster.xlsx"
Range("F2").FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],'[NIS.xlsx]NIS'!C2:C5,4,0)"
Range("F2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("F2:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
Columns("F").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="REWORK", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False









share|improve this question






















  • I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

    – GMalc
    Mar 7 at 21:24











  • ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

    – squidgywidget
    Mar 7 at 21:45















0















I keep getting an error when trying to apply a formula in a cell of a recently opened sheet. Error occurs on third line. What's causing the problem?



ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Z:Daily Mainsource MacrosNIS.xlsx"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="file pathroster.xlsx"
Range("F2").FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],'[NIS.xlsx]NIS'!C2:C5,4,0)"
Range("F2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("F2:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
Columns("F").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="REWORK", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False









share|improve this question






















  • I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

    – GMalc
    Mar 7 at 21:24











  • ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

    – squidgywidget
    Mar 7 at 21:45













0












0








0








I keep getting an error when trying to apply a formula in a cell of a recently opened sheet. Error occurs on third line. What's causing the problem?



ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Z:Daily Mainsource MacrosNIS.xlsx"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="file pathroster.xlsx"
Range("F2").FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],'[NIS.xlsx]NIS'!C2:C5,4,0)"
Range("F2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("F2:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
Columns("F").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="REWORK", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False









share|improve this question














I keep getting an error when trying to apply a formula in a cell of a recently opened sheet. Error occurs on third line. What's causing the problem?



ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Z:Daily Mainsource MacrosNIS.xlsx"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="file pathroster.xlsx"
Range("F2").FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],'[NIS.xlsx]NIS'!C2:C5,4,0)"
Range("F2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("F2:F" & Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row)
Columns("F").Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="REWORK", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False






excel vba






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 20:31









squidgywidgetsquidgywidget

1




1












  • I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

    – GMalc
    Mar 7 at 21:24











  • ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

    – squidgywidget
    Mar 7 at 21:45

















  • I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

    – GMalc
    Mar 7 at 21:24











  • ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

    – squidgywidget
    Mar 7 at 21:45
















I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

– GMalc
Mar 7 at 21:24





I'll take it that your ActiveWorkbook is your macro enabled file. Which is refered to as ThisWorkbook. Once you save ThisWorkbook in xlsx format, the xlsm file closes and the xlsx file is open and activated, causing the code to stop. I would look at SaveCopyAs and then open the copy.

– GMalc
Mar 7 at 21:24













ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

– squidgywidget
Mar 7 at 21:45





ActiveWorkbook would be a .csv file generated by a system. Right now I'm troubleshooting in xlsm, it will eventually be in an xlam. Both of those exist outside of that csv file. Don't know if that makes a difference?

– squidgywidget
Mar 7 at 21:45












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052347%2fexcel-vba-run-time-error-1004-when-applying-a-formula%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052347%2fexcel-vba-run-time-error-1004-when-applying-a-formula%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page