couchbase document size limit, is storing generic data preferableHow do I keep existing data in couchbase and only update the new data without overwritingOvercoming querying limitations in CouchbaseDesigning record keys for document-oriented database - best practicesBulk inserting documents into couchbase database with php - how to?Denormalizing and querying a giant Couchbase data setLoading only a subset of my data when querying Couchbase?Purging documents in Couchbase LiteCouchbase Lite: reading document vs querying dataLoading Data onto CouchbaseGeneric Entity in Spring Data for Couchbase Documents

Why do Radio Buttons not fill the entire outer circle?

Should a narrator ever describe things based on a character's view instead of facts?

Why is indicated airspeed rather than ground speed used during the takeoff roll?

How to track Account Description field changes in Field history Tracking?

What properties make a magic weapon befit a Rogue more than a DEX-based Fighter?

How do you say "Trust your struggle." in French?

Started in 1987 vs. Starting in 1987

How to get directions in deep space?

Why is participating in the European Parliamentary elections used as a threat?

Extract substring according to regexp with sed or grep

How to preserve electronics (computers, ipads, phones) for hundreds of years?

Would this string work as string?

Output visual diagram of picture

What is this high flying aircraft over Pennsylvania?

Walter Rudin's mathematical analysis: theorem 2.43. Why proof can't work under the perfect set is uncountable.

Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions

Has the laser at Magurele, Romania reached a tenth of the Sun's power?

Did I make a mistake by ccing email to boss to others?

Weird lines in Microsoft Word

Reasons for having MCU pin-states default to pull-up/down out of reset

Would a primitive species be able to learn English from reading books alone?

Can you take a "free object interaction" while incapacitated?

Unfrosted light bulb

Can a Knock spell open the door to Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion?



couchbase document size limit, is storing generic data preferable


How do I keep existing data in couchbase and only update the new data without overwritingOvercoming querying limitations in CouchbaseDesigning record keys for document-oriented database - best practicesBulk inserting documents into couchbase database with php - how to?Denormalizing and querying a giant Couchbase data setLoading only a subset of my data when querying Couchbase?Purging documents in Couchbase LiteCouchbase Lite: reading document vs querying dataLoading Data onto CouchbaseGeneric Entity in Spring Data for Couchbase Documents













0















Say I have a couchbase document that is sized 12 MB (Actual size, not size on disk). Couchbase literature says there is a sizing limitation of 20 MB on documents' actual size.
If I were to have a significant part as generic data on this document (6 MB out of 12 MB). Suggest me which is a better approach from below.



  • Drop the generic data altogether from the document and build it myself after database operation and append it to the response object that gets sent to UI layer. Again drop any generic data received from UI while upserting back to database.

  • Let the current document structure stay as is. Fetch and Upsert back the entire 12 MB data each time.

If I were to adopt the first approach, I will have to create a service that builds 6 MB data by iterating with a sychronous change. I will have to call this service everytime during the database operation for this document. Is this going to be an overhead, or, will it reduce the time for the whole operation compared to fetching a 12 MB document?










share|improve this question






















  • Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

    – Johan Larson
    Mar 7 at 20:56











  • Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

    – mr.G
    Mar 8 at 17:23















0















Say I have a couchbase document that is sized 12 MB (Actual size, not size on disk). Couchbase literature says there is a sizing limitation of 20 MB on documents' actual size.
If I were to have a significant part as generic data on this document (6 MB out of 12 MB). Suggest me which is a better approach from below.



  • Drop the generic data altogether from the document and build it myself after database operation and append it to the response object that gets sent to UI layer. Again drop any generic data received from UI while upserting back to database.

  • Let the current document structure stay as is. Fetch and Upsert back the entire 12 MB data each time.

If I were to adopt the first approach, I will have to create a service that builds 6 MB data by iterating with a sychronous change. I will have to call this service everytime during the database operation for this document. Is this going to be an overhead, or, will it reduce the time for the whole operation compared to fetching a 12 MB document?










share|improve this question






















  • Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

    – Johan Larson
    Mar 7 at 20:56











  • Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

    – mr.G
    Mar 8 at 17:23













0












0








0








Say I have a couchbase document that is sized 12 MB (Actual size, not size on disk). Couchbase literature says there is a sizing limitation of 20 MB on documents' actual size.
If I were to have a significant part as generic data on this document (6 MB out of 12 MB). Suggest me which is a better approach from below.



  • Drop the generic data altogether from the document and build it myself after database operation and append it to the response object that gets sent to UI layer. Again drop any generic data received from UI while upserting back to database.

  • Let the current document structure stay as is. Fetch and Upsert back the entire 12 MB data each time.

If I were to adopt the first approach, I will have to create a service that builds 6 MB data by iterating with a sychronous change. I will have to call this service everytime during the database operation for this document. Is this going to be an overhead, or, will it reduce the time for the whole operation compared to fetching a 12 MB document?










share|improve this question














Say I have a couchbase document that is sized 12 MB (Actual size, not size on disk). Couchbase literature says there is a sizing limitation of 20 MB on documents' actual size.
If I were to have a significant part as generic data on this document (6 MB out of 12 MB). Suggest me which is a better approach from below.



  • Drop the generic data altogether from the document and build it myself after database operation and append it to the response object that gets sent to UI layer. Again drop any generic data received from UI while upserting back to database.

  • Let the current document structure stay as is. Fetch and Upsert back the entire 12 MB data each time.

If I were to adopt the first approach, I will have to create a service that builds 6 MB data by iterating with a sychronous change. I will have to call this service everytime during the database operation for this document. Is this going to be an overhead, or, will it reduce the time for the whole operation compared to fetching a 12 MB document?







javascript node.js nosql couchbase dao






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 20:20









mr.Gmr.G

23




23












  • Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

    – Johan Larson
    Mar 7 at 20:56











  • Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

    – mr.G
    Mar 8 at 17:23

















  • Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

    – Johan Larson
    Mar 7 at 20:56











  • Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

    – mr.G
    Mar 8 at 17:23
















Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

– Johan Larson
Mar 7 at 20:56





Is the "generic data" different for every document, or the same for all?

– Johan Larson
Mar 7 at 20:56













Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

– mr.G
Mar 8 at 17:23





Attributes are same, and values can be generated by repeated iteration with a synchronous change starting from some data that is always available in the document. But when I am saying generic, I am saying that this information can be constructed from the actual impacting data stored to database.

– mr.G
Mar 8 at 17:23












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052184%2fcouchbase-document-size-limit-is-storing-generic-data-preferable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052184%2fcouchbase-document-size-limit-is-storing-generic-data-preferable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page