Apache Proxy redirect to wrong domain locallyDifference between proxy server and reverse proxy serverGetting git to work with a proxy serverCan I turn off an Apache Directive then turn it on in an include?How to configure apache with proxy_mod for domains redirectWhen default virtualhost is not available, no virtual hosts are availableapache reverse proxy configurationApache hybris configuration to proxy pass HTTP and HTTP(S) yacceleratorstorefront (electronic store) URL to Hybris ServerApache VirtualHost directive ProxyPassNginx win server 2012 - Configure proxy passApache Reverse Proxy Redirection with different port

Capacitor electron flow

Are all namekians brothers?

How do you justify more code being written by following clean code practices?

Did I make a mistake by ccing email to boss to others?

Can you take a "free object interaction" while incapacitated?

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

Put the phone down / Put down the phone

Showing mass murder in a kid's book

Calculate Pi using Monte Carlo

Why is "la Gestapo" feminine?

What is the tangent at a sharp point on a curve?

Can you describe someone as luxurious? As in someone who likes luxurious things?

What should be the ideal length of sentences in a blog post for ease of reading?

Output visual diagram of picture

Is there a distance limit for minecart tracks?

"Marked down as someone wanting to sell shares." What does that mean?

C++ lambda syntax

Why would five hundred and five same as one?

How do I prevent inappropriate ads from appearing in my game?

How do you say "Trust your struggle." in French?

Travelling in US for more than 90 days

What do the positive and negative (+/-) transmit and receive pins mean on Ethernet cables?

"Oh no!" in Latin

Writing in a Christian voice



Apache Proxy redirect to wrong domain locally


Difference between proxy server and reverse proxy serverGetting git to work with a proxy serverCan I turn off an Apache Directive then turn it on in an include?How to configure apache with proxy_mod for domains redirectWhen default virtualhost is not available, no virtual hosts are availableapache reverse proxy configurationApache hybris configuration to proxy pass HTTP and HTTP(S) yacceleratorstorefront (electronic store) URL to Hybris ServerApache VirtualHost directive ProxyPassNginx win server 2012 - Configure proxy passApache Reverse Proxy Redirection with different port













0















I have an old website running on Apache (:8080) and I want to proxy to a new system hosted in Nginx (:80).



<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot "/Users/patrick/project-old"
ServerName projectold.localhost

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
ProxyPassReverse "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
</VirtualHost>


In nginx I have this:



server 
listen 80;
server_name localhost;
...


server
listen 80;
server_name projectnew.localhost;
...



When I access http://projectold.localhost/products/manager, apache redirect me to http://localhost instead of http://productnew.localhost.



But, if I remove the localhost.conf from Nginx, everything works great.



What's wrong with my configuration?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

    – Richard Smith
    Mar 7 at 20:49















0















I have an old website running on Apache (:8080) and I want to proxy to a new system hosted in Nginx (:80).



<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot "/Users/patrick/project-old"
ServerName projectold.localhost

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
ProxyPassReverse "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
</VirtualHost>


In nginx I have this:



server 
listen 80;
server_name localhost;
...


server
listen 80;
server_name projectnew.localhost;
...



When I access http://projectold.localhost/products/manager, apache redirect me to http://localhost instead of http://productnew.localhost.



But, if I remove the localhost.conf from Nginx, everything works great.



What's wrong with my configuration?










share|improve this question

















  • 1





    You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

    – Richard Smith
    Mar 7 at 20:49













0












0








0








I have an old website running on Apache (:8080) and I want to proxy to a new system hosted in Nginx (:80).



<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot "/Users/patrick/project-old"
ServerName projectold.localhost

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
ProxyPassReverse "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
</VirtualHost>


In nginx I have this:



server 
listen 80;
server_name localhost;
...


server
listen 80;
server_name projectnew.localhost;
...



When I access http://projectold.localhost/products/manager, apache redirect me to http://localhost instead of http://productnew.localhost.



But, if I remove the localhost.conf from Nginx, everything works great.



What's wrong with my configuration?










share|improve this question














I have an old website running on Apache (:8080) and I want to proxy to a new system hosted in Nginx (:80).



<VirtualHost *:8080>
DocumentRoot "/Users/patrick/project-old"
ServerName projectold.localhost

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
ProxyPassReverse "/products/manager" "http://projectsnew.localhost/products/manager"
</VirtualHost>


In nginx I have this:



server 
listen 80;
server_name localhost;
...


server
listen 80;
server_name projectnew.localhost;
...



When I access http://projectold.localhost/products/manager, apache redirect me to http://localhost instead of http://productnew.localhost.



But, if I remove the localhost.conf from Nginx, everything works great.



What's wrong with my configuration?







macos apache nginx proxy






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 20:25









Patrick MacielPatrick Maciel

2,77863266




2,77863266







  • 1





    You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

    – Richard Smith
    Mar 7 at 20:49












  • 1





    You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

    – Richard Smith
    Mar 7 at 20:49







1




1





You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

– Richard Smith
Mar 7 at 20:49





You have ProxyPreserveHost On - so the Nginx is contacted using the Host name of the Apache server (which is presumably projectold...).

– Richard Smith
Mar 7 at 20:49












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052263%2fapache-proxy-redirect-to-wrong-domain-locally%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55052263%2fapache-proxy-redirect-to-wrong-domain-locally%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page