AWS Instances Name tag updateaws ec2 createInstance policy implementationWhy does AWS CLI need access/secret key?AWS-cli ec2 describe instancesGetting AWS Instance limits via consoleHow to specify region name in AWS S3 Java API?Show all running instances by monthAWS EC2: Do I need to run “aws configure” to assign access keys to if my instance already has an IAM role?how to run aws cli command to access aws bucket in JAVAAccess S3 from AWS EC2 from AWS SDK without Access Id and secret KeyHow can I get the value of a secret from within an EC2 instance?

What should you do when eye contact makes your subordinate uncomfortable?

Aragorn's "guise" in the Orthanc Stone

Problem with TransformedDistribution

Why did the Mercure fail?

Did Swami Prabhupada reject Advaita?

Yosemite Fire Rings - What to Expect?

Has any country ever had 2 former presidents in jail simultaneously?

Are paving bricks differently sized for sand bedding vs mortar bedding?

Creepy dinosaur pc game identification

Travelling outside the UK without a passport

How to bake one texture for one mesh with multiple textures blender 2.8

What is this called? Old film camera viewer?

Strong empirical falsification of quantum mechanics based on vacuum energy density

What if a revenant (monster) gains fire resistance?

Open a doc from terminal, but not by its name

How to explain what's wrong with this application of the chain rule?

Electoral considerations aside, what are potential benefits, for the US, of policy changes proposed by the tweet recognizing Golan annexation?

Freedom of speech and where it applies

Why electric field inside a cavity of a non-conducting sphere not zero?

2.8 Why are collections grayed out? How can I open them?

What does routing an IP address mean?

Drawing ramified coverings with tikz

Why can Carol Danvers change her suit colours in the first place?

Is the U.S. Code copyrighted by the Government?



AWS Instances Name tag update


aws ec2 createInstance policy implementationWhy does AWS CLI need access/secret key?AWS-cli ec2 describe instancesGetting AWS Instance limits via consoleHow to specify region name in AWS S3 Java API?Show all running instances by monthAWS EC2: Do I need to run “aws configure” to assign access keys to if my instance already has an IAM role?how to run aws cli command to access aws bucket in JAVAAccess S3 from AWS EC2 from AWS SDK without Access Id and secret KeyHow can I get the value of a secret from within an EC2 instance?













0















There is a critical and Time eating task has been assigned to me in my project. In AWS we have 2.5k EC2 instances in the us-east region. In that around 2k Instance name is NA(blank). So In the same row need to pick the column(VOLUME_ID's) value and keep it as Instance's name. I need to do this for all Instances which are all blank so I need a script(maybe in python, etc...). Need help. Please let me know if any additional info required. Thanks in advance.



Please Note: I have AWS CLI access with Access key and secret key.










share|improve this question
























  • I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

    – enian ene
    Mar 18 at 9:23












  • I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

    – enian ene
    Mar 20 at 5:30















0















There is a critical and Time eating task has been assigned to me in my project. In AWS we have 2.5k EC2 instances in the us-east region. In that around 2k Instance name is NA(blank). So In the same row need to pick the column(VOLUME_ID's) value and keep it as Instance's name. I need to do this for all Instances which are all blank so I need a script(maybe in python, etc...). Need help. Please let me know if any additional info required. Thanks in advance.



Please Note: I have AWS CLI access with Access key and secret key.










share|improve this question
























  • I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

    – enian ene
    Mar 18 at 9:23












  • I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

    – enian ene
    Mar 20 at 5:30













0












0








0








There is a critical and Time eating task has been assigned to me in my project. In AWS we have 2.5k EC2 instances in the us-east region. In that around 2k Instance name is NA(blank). So In the same row need to pick the column(VOLUME_ID's) value and keep it as Instance's name. I need to do this for all Instances which are all blank so I need a script(maybe in python, etc...). Need help. Please let me know if any additional info required. Thanks in advance.



Please Note: I have AWS CLI access with Access key and secret key.










share|improve this question
















There is a critical and Time eating task has been assigned to me in my project. In AWS we have 2.5k EC2 instances in the us-east region. In that around 2k Instance name is NA(blank). So In the same row need to pick the column(VOLUME_ID's) value and keep it as Instance's name. I need to do this for all Instances which are all blank so I need a script(maybe in python, etc...). Need help. Please let me know if any additional info required. Thanks in advance.



Please Note: I have AWS CLI access with Access key and secret key.







amazon-web-services tagging






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 8 at 6:30









Ram Koti

1,99642130




1,99642130










asked Mar 8 at 4:31









enian eneenian ene

12




12












  • I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

    – enian ene
    Mar 18 at 9:23












  • I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

    – enian ene
    Mar 20 at 5:30

















  • I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

    – enian ene
    Mar 18 at 9:23












  • I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

    – enian ene
    Mar 20 at 5:30
















I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

– enian ene
Mar 18 at 9:23






I somehow found out how to do it using boto (AWS SDK). But I need to know how to assign the value of VOLUME_ID to NAME value which is blank.

– enian ene
Mar 18 at 9:23














I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

– enian ene
Mar 20 at 5:30





I completed the task by myself. Thanks!

– enian ene
Mar 20 at 5:30












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056755%2faws-instances-name-tag-update%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056755%2faws-instances-name-tag-update%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices