pygame doesn't show uppygame not foundcompilation error. AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'init'Installation of pygamei keep getting the error 'module' object has no attribute 'init'Error when I press C to reload/re-execute code?Pygame unable to init?How do I download Pygame for Python 3.5.1?How do I add pygame to textwranglerErrors when coding a Pygame RPGpygame error: “ImportError: No module named 'pygame'”

Open a doc from terminal, but not by its name

250 Floor Tower

How should I respond when I lied about my education and the company finds out through background check?

When a Cleric spontaneously casts a Cure Light Wounds spell, will a Pearl of Power recover the original spell or Cure Light Wounds?

Intuition of generalized eigenvector.

The Staircase of Paint

Is "staff" singular or plural?

A social experiment. What is the worst that can happen?

Problem with TransformedDistribution

Where did Heinlein say "Once you get to Earth orbit, you're halfway to anywhere in the Solar System"?

Did arcade monitors have same pixel aspect ratio as TV sets?

Should I outline or discovery write my stories?

Why should universal income be universal?

Has any country ever had 2 former presidents in jail simultaneously?

Is it possible to put a rectangle as background in the author section?

Does an advisor owe his/her student anything? Will an advisor keep a PhD student only out of pity?

What if a revenant (monster) gains fire resistance?

Does a 'pending' US visa application constitute a denial?

Why does the Sun have different day lengths, but not the gas giants?

What is this called? Old film camera viewer?

Is there a name for this algorithm to calculate the concentration of a mixture of two solutions containing the same solute?

Removing files under particular conditions (number of files, file age)

Creepy dinosaur pc game identification

What is the evidence for the "tyranny of the majority problem" in a direct democracy context?



pygame doesn't show up


pygame not foundcompilation error. AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'init'Installation of pygamei keep getting the error 'module' object has no attribute 'init'Error when I press C to reload/re-execute code?Pygame unable to init?How do I download Pygame for Python 3.5.1?How do I add pygame to textwranglerErrors when coding a Pygame RPGpygame error: “ImportError: No module named 'pygame'”













2















I have recently installed PyGame in Python, but something strange happens. When I import it and use it in the terminal, it works fine, but when I try to use it in idle it doesn't work at all. Does someone know why does this happens?



import pygame

pygame.init()

win = pygame.display.set_mode((500, 500))


Exits with the error:



>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/USER/PycharmProjects/Primer Python/Basico/pygame.py", line 1, in <module>
import pygame
File "C:UsersUSERPycharmProjectsPrimer PythonBasicopygame.py", line 2, in <module>
pygame.init()
AttributeError: module 'pygame' has no attribute 'init'









share|improve this question



















  • 3





    Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:22











  • Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

    – santiago lopez de haro
    Mar 3 at 22:28











  • No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:31















2















I have recently installed PyGame in Python, but something strange happens. When I import it and use it in the terminal, it works fine, but when I try to use it in idle it doesn't work at all. Does someone know why does this happens?



import pygame

pygame.init()

win = pygame.display.set_mode((500, 500))


Exits with the error:



>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/USER/PycharmProjects/Primer Python/Basico/pygame.py", line 1, in <module>
import pygame
File "C:UsersUSERPycharmProjectsPrimer PythonBasicopygame.py", line 2, in <module>
pygame.init()
AttributeError: module 'pygame' has no attribute 'init'









share|improve this question



















  • 3





    Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:22











  • Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

    – santiago lopez de haro
    Mar 3 at 22:28











  • No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:31













2












2








2








I have recently installed PyGame in Python, but something strange happens. When I import it and use it in the terminal, it works fine, but when I try to use it in idle it doesn't work at all. Does someone know why does this happens?



import pygame

pygame.init()

win = pygame.display.set_mode((500, 500))


Exits with the error:



>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/USER/PycharmProjects/Primer Python/Basico/pygame.py", line 1, in <module>
import pygame
File "C:UsersUSERPycharmProjectsPrimer PythonBasicopygame.py", line 2, in <module>
pygame.init()
AttributeError: module 'pygame' has no attribute 'init'









share|improve this question
















I have recently installed PyGame in Python, but something strange happens. When I import it and use it in the terminal, it works fine, but when I try to use it in idle it doesn't work at all. Does someone know why does this happens?



import pygame

pygame.init()

win = pygame.display.set_mode((500, 500))


Exits with the error:



>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/USER/PycharmProjects/Primer Python/Basico/pygame.py", line 1, in <module>
import pygame
File "C:UsersUSERPycharmProjectsPrimer PythonBasicopygame.py", line 2, in <module>
pygame.init()
AttributeError: module 'pygame' has no attribute 'init'






python python-3.x pygame






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 8 at 4:59









Terry Jan Reedy

12.3k12140




12.3k12140










asked Mar 3 at 22:20









santiago lopez de harosantiago lopez de haro

185




185







  • 3





    Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:22











  • Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

    – santiago lopez de haro
    Mar 3 at 22:28











  • No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:31












  • 3





    Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:22











  • Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

    – santiago lopez de haro
    Mar 3 at 22:28











  • No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

    – GeeTransit
    Mar 3 at 22:31







3




3





Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

– GeeTransit
Mar 3 at 22:22





Did you name your file 'pygame.py'? Rename it to something else like 'pygame_test.py' and it should work all fine.

– GeeTransit
Mar 3 at 22:22













Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

– santiago lopez de haro
Mar 3 at 22:28





Thanks that made it work XD, sorry for being such a noob

– santiago lopez de haro
Mar 3 at 22:28













No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

– GeeTransit
Mar 3 at 22:31





No problem. I've made that mistake and I've seen my classmates with that mistake too. It seems just too easy to fix :D

– GeeTransit
Mar 3 at 22:31












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f54974341%2fpygame-doesnt-show-up%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f54974341%2fpygame-doesnt-show-up%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page