How to trigger commands using sesudo in LinuxCalling an external command in PythonHow do I parse command line arguments in Bash?How do I prompt for Yes/No/Cancel input in a Linux shell script?How do I tell if a regular file does not exist in Bash?How to mkdir only if a dir does not already exist?How do I split a string on a delimiter in Bash?How to symlink a file in Linux?How to exclude a directory in find . commandHow can I recursively find all files in current and subfolders based on wildcard matching?How do I find all files containing specific text on Linux?

Creepy dinosaur pc game identification

Why is so much work done on numerical verification of the Riemann Hypothesis?

Multiplicative persistence

Is there any references on the tensor product of presentable (1-)categories?

Are paving bricks differently sized for sand bedding vs mortar bedding?

How can "mimic phobia" be cured or prevented?

Why Shazam when there is already Superman?

Is this toilet slogan correct usage of the English language?

What if a revenant (monster) gains fire resistance?

Pre-mixing cryogenic fuels and using only one fuel tank

Electoral considerations aside, what are potential benefits, for the US, of policy changes proposed by the tweet recognizing Golan annexation?

Fear of getting stuck on one programming language / technology that is not used in my country

dpdt switch to spst switch

Aragorn's "guise" in the Orthanc Stone

How can Trident be so inexpensive? Will it orbit Triton or just do a (slow) flyby?

How do you respond to a colleague from another team when they're wrongly expecting that you'll help them?

Drawing ramified coverings with tikz

Is it improper etiquette to ask your opponent what his/her rating is before the game?

What does routing an IP address mean?

Why does the Sun have different day lengths, but not the gas giants?

What should you do when eye contact makes your subordinate uncomfortable?

Can I sign legal documents with a smiley face?

Is it better practice to read straight from sheet music rather than memorize it?

Delivering sarcasm



How to trigger commands using sesudo in Linux


Calling an external command in PythonHow do I parse command line arguments in Bash?How do I prompt for Yes/No/Cancel input in a Linux shell script?How do I tell if a regular file does not exist in Bash?How to mkdir only if a dir does not already exist?How do I split a string on a delimiter in Bash?How to symlink a file in Linux?How to exclude a directory in find . commandHow can I recursively find all files in current and subfolders based on wildcard matching?How do I find all files containing specific text on Linux?













-1















I am writing a shell script (with userA) which has following steps:



  1. Run sesudo userB command

  2. Above command prompts user to select an option X or Y

  3. Once valid option is selected then I need to execute a different command (which only userB is granted to run)

Step 1-2 I have done using echo X | sesudo userB which gets executed successfully but before I can execute step 3 the session exits i.e. userB is no longer in control.



How to handle this case, any advice?



To know about sesudo










share|improve this question


























    -1















    I am writing a shell script (with userA) which has following steps:



    1. Run sesudo userB command

    2. Above command prompts user to select an option X or Y

    3. Once valid option is selected then I need to execute a different command (which only userB is granted to run)

    Step 1-2 I have done using echo X | sesudo userB which gets executed successfully but before I can execute step 3 the session exits i.e. userB is no longer in control.



    How to handle this case, any advice?



    To know about sesudo










    share|improve this question
























      -1












      -1








      -1








      I am writing a shell script (with userA) which has following steps:



      1. Run sesudo userB command

      2. Above command prompts user to select an option X or Y

      3. Once valid option is selected then I need to execute a different command (which only userB is granted to run)

      Step 1-2 I have done using echo X | sesudo userB which gets executed successfully but before I can execute step 3 the session exits i.e. userB is no longer in control.



      How to handle this case, any advice?



      To know about sesudo










      share|improve this question














      I am writing a shell script (with userA) which has following steps:



      1. Run sesudo userB command

      2. Above command prompts user to select an option X or Y

      3. Once valid option is selected then I need to execute a different command (which only userB is granted to run)

      Step 1-2 I have done using echo X | sesudo userB which gets executed successfully but before I can execute step 3 the session exits i.e. userB is no longer in control.



      How to handle this case, any advice?



      To know about sesudo







      linux shell scripting sudo






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 4:39









      SaikatSaikat

      2,83564262




      2,83564262






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056827%2fhow-to-trigger-commands-using-sesudo-in-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056827%2fhow-to-trigger-commands-using-sesudo-in-linux%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page