How to use Google Cloud get_operation?How to merge two dictionaries in a single expression?How do I check if a list is empty?How do I check whether a file exists without exceptions?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?How to get the current time in PythonHow can I make a time delay in Python?How do I sort a dictionary by value?How to make a chain of function decorators?How to make a flat list out of list of lists?How do I list all files of a directory?

What is this cable/device?

Is it safe to use olive oil to clean the ear wax?

How to implement a feedback to keep the DC gain at zero for this conceptual passive filter?

If a character has darkvision, can they see through an area of nonmagical darkness filled with lightly obscuring gas?

What was this official D&D 3.5e Lovecraft-flavored rulebook?

Does an advisor owe his/her student anything? Will an advisor keep a PhD student only out of pity?

Is the U.S. Code copyrighted by the Government?

GraphicsGrid with a Label for each Column and Row

A social experiment. What is the worst that can happen?

Pre-mixing cryogenic fuels and using only one fuel tank

"Spoil" vs "Ruin"

Why should universal income be universal?

Non-trope happy ending?

Is it better practice to read straight from sheet music rather than memorize it?

How can "mimic phobia" be cured or prevented?

What was the exact wording from Ivanhoe of this advice on how to free yourself from slavery?

Should I stop contributing to retirement accounts?

Biological Blimps: Propulsion

What should you do if you miss a job interview (deliberately)?

How do I color the graph in datavisualization?

On a tidally locked planet, would time be quantized?

Melting point of aspirin, contradicting sources

What is Cash Advance APR?

Not using 's' for he/she/it



How to use Google Cloud get_operation?


How to merge two dictionaries in a single expression?How do I check if a list is empty?How do I check whether a file exists without exceptions?How can I safely create a nested directory in Python?How to get the current time in PythonHow can I make a time delay in Python?How do I sort a dictionary by value?How to make a chain of function decorators?How to make a flat list out of list of lists?How do I list all files of a directory?













0















I'm trying to use the OperationsClient get_operation() function so I can poll a long running task and get its status.



https://google-cloud-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/core/operations_client.html#google.api_core.operations_v1.OperationsClient.get_operation



The code looks fairly simple:



api = operations_v1.OperationsClient()
response = api.get_operation(name)


However, the initialization of OperationClient requires a channel: OperationsClient(channel). I am clueless as to what a channel does or how its created.



Any help appreciated. Thanks










share|improve this question


























    0















    I'm trying to use the OperationsClient get_operation() function so I can poll a long running task and get its status.



    https://google-cloud-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/core/operations_client.html#google.api_core.operations_v1.OperationsClient.get_operation



    The code looks fairly simple:



    api = operations_v1.OperationsClient()
    response = api.get_operation(name)


    However, the initialization of OperationClient requires a channel: OperationsClient(channel). I am clueless as to what a channel does or how its created.



    Any help appreciated. Thanks










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I'm trying to use the OperationsClient get_operation() function so I can poll a long running task and get its status.



      https://google-cloud-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/core/operations_client.html#google.api_core.operations_v1.OperationsClient.get_operation



      The code looks fairly simple:



      api = operations_v1.OperationsClient()
      response = api.get_operation(name)


      However, the initialization of OperationClient requires a channel: OperationsClient(channel). I am clueless as to what a channel does or how its created.



      Any help appreciated. Thanks










      share|improve this question














      I'm trying to use the OperationsClient get_operation() function so I can poll a long running task and get its status.



      https://google-cloud-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/core/operations_client.html#google.api_core.operations_v1.OperationsClient.get_operation



      The code looks fairly simple:



      api = operations_v1.OperationsClient()
      response = api.get_operation(name)


      However, the initialization of OperationClient requires a channel: OperationsClient(channel). I am clueless as to what a channel does or how its created.



      Any help appreciated. Thanks







      python google-cloud-functions grpc google-speech-api






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 4:39









      user339946user339946

      2,44274082




      2,44274082






















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          2














          From the docs you linked:




          channel (grpc.Channel) – The gRPC channel associated with the service that implements the google.longrunning.operations interface.




          So if it's your own gRPC service, you'll want to do something like:



          import grpc
          channel = grpc.insecure_channel('localhost:50051')
          api = operations_v1.OperationsClient(channel)
          response = api.get_operation(name)


          Depending on what long-running service you're trying to poll, you might need to use its channel instead.






          share|improve this answer

























          • What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

            – user339946
            Mar 8 at 21:44


















          0














          Here's the code that I ended up using.



          operation = self.stt_client.transport._operations_client.get_operation(operation_name)
          response = operation_core.from_gapic(
          operation,
          self.stt_client.transport._operations_client,
          types.LongRunningRecognizeResponse,
          metadata_type=types.LongRunningRecognizeMetadata,
          )





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056835%2fhow-to-use-google-cloud-get-operation%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes








            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            2














            From the docs you linked:




            channel (grpc.Channel) – The gRPC channel associated with the service that implements the google.longrunning.operations interface.




            So if it's your own gRPC service, you'll want to do something like:



            import grpc
            channel = grpc.insecure_channel('localhost:50051')
            api = operations_v1.OperationsClient(channel)
            response = api.get_operation(name)


            Depending on what long-running service you're trying to poll, you might need to use its channel instead.






            share|improve this answer

























            • What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

              – user339946
              Mar 8 at 21:44















            2














            From the docs you linked:




            channel (grpc.Channel) – The gRPC channel associated with the service that implements the google.longrunning.operations interface.




            So if it's your own gRPC service, you'll want to do something like:



            import grpc
            channel = grpc.insecure_channel('localhost:50051')
            api = operations_v1.OperationsClient(channel)
            response = api.get_operation(name)


            Depending on what long-running service you're trying to poll, you might need to use its channel instead.






            share|improve this answer

























            • What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

              – user339946
              Mar 8 at 21:44













            2












            2








            2







            From the docs you linked:




            channel (grpc.Channel) – The gRPC channel associated with the service that implements the google.longrunning.operations interface.




            So if it's your own gRPC service, you'll want to do something like:



            import grpc
            channel = grpc.insecure_channel('localhost:50051')
            api = operations_v1.OperationsClient(channel)
            response = api.get_operation(name)


            Depending on what long-running service you're trying to poll, you might need to use its channel instead.






            share|improve this answer















            From the docs you linked:




            channel (grpc.Channel) – The gRPC channel associated with the service that implements the google.longrunning.operations interface.




            So if it's your own gRPC service, you'll want to do something like:



            import grpc
            channel = grpc.insecure_channel('localhost:50051')
            api = operations_v1.OperationsClient(channel)
            response = api.get_operation(name)


            Depending on what long-running service you're trying to poll, you might need to use its channel instead.







            share|improve this answer














            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer








            edited Mar 8 at 17:22

























            answered Mar 8 at 5:11









            Dustin IngramDustin Ingram

            3,94511429




            3,94511429












            • What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

              – user339946
              Mar 8 at 21:44

















            • What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

              – user339946
              Mar 8 at 21:44
















            What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

            – user339946
            Mar 8 at 21:44





            What if its not my own gRPC service? Currently I'm just using the SpeechClient to run long_running_recognize on an audio file. I have the operation's name, just need to figure out how to poll for status.

            – user339946
            Mar 8 at 21:44













            0














            Here's the code that I ended up using.



            operation = self.stt_client.transport._operations_client.get_operation(operation_name)
            response = operation_core.from_gapic(
            operation,
            self.stt_client.transport._operations_client,
            types.LongRunningRecognizeResponse,
            metadata_type=types.LongRunningRecognizeMetadata,
            )





            share|improve this answer



























              0














              Here's the code that I ended up using.



              operation = self.stt_client.transport._operations_client.get_operation(operation_name)
              response = operation_core.from_gapic(
              operation,
              self.stt_client.transport._operations_client,
              types.LongRunningRecognizeResponse,
              metadata_type=types.LongRunningRecognizeMetadata,
              )





              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                Here's the code that I ended up using.



                operation = self.stt_client.transport._operations_client.get_operation(operation_name)
                response = operation_core.from_gapic(
                operation,
                self.stt_client.transport._operations_client,
                types.LongRunningRecognizeResponse,
                metadata_type=types.LongRunningRecognizeMetadata,
                )





                share|improve this answer













                Here's the code that I ended up using.



                operation = self.stt_client.transport._operations_client.get_operation(operation_name)
                response = operation_core.from_gapic(
                operation,
                self.stt_client.transport._operations_client,
                types.LongRunningRecognizeResponse,
                metadata_type=types.LongRunningRecognizeMetadata,
                )






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 9 at 3:40









                user339946user339946

                2,44274082




                2,44274082



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55056835%2fhow-to-use-google-cloud-get-operation%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices