Visual Studio: Auto complete HTML tags inside an embedded babel scriptJSX or HTML autocompletion in Visual Studio CodeWhere should I put <script> tags in HTML markup?xing / wysihtml5 unescapes &lt; and &gt;Cannot display HTML stringReact.js code not recognized in TSX file (VS 2015 Update 1 RC)Support for script type=“text/babel” in Visual Studio CodeVisual Studio Code autocomplete element and closing tagSyntax Highlighting for HTML inside x-template script tags in Sublime Text 3How a script with type “text/babel” is transpiled when put on the HTML page?CodePen not showing any ReactJS componentUncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'current' of undefined react-dom.production.min.js:134 at Vg

Is the destination of a commercial flight important for the pilot?

Is `x >> pure y` equivalent to `liftM (const y) x`

Type int? vs type int

Increase performance creating Mandelbrot set in python

Do all network devices need to make routing decisions, regardless of communication across networks or within a network?

How to run a prison with the smallest amount of guards?

Is this apparent Class Action settlement a spam message?

Where does the Z80 processor start executing from?

How does Loki do this?

How do I go from 300 unfinished/half written blog posts, to published posts?

Proof of work - lottery approach

How easy is it to start Magic from scratch?

How did Arya survive the stabbing?

Escape a backup date in a file name

How can I kill an app using Terminal?

Closest Prime Number

Integer addition + constant, is it a group?

Would a high gravity rocky planet be guaranteed to have an atmosphere?

How long to clear the 'suck zone' of a turbofan after start is initiated?

I'm in charge of equipment buying but no one's ever happy with what I choose. How to fix this?

For a non-Jew, is there a punishment for not observing the 7 Noahide Laws?

Class Action - which options I have?

Is HostGator storing my password in plaintext?

How do we know the LHC results are robust?



Visual Studio: Auto complete HTML tags inside an embedded babel script


JSX or HTML autocompletion in Visual Studio CodeWhere should I put <script> tags in HTML markup?xing / wysihtml5 unescapes &lt; and &gt;Cannot display HTML stringReact.js code not recognized in TSX file (VS 2015 Update 1 RC)Support for script type=“text/babel” in Visual Studio CodeVisual Studio Code autocomplete element and closing tagSyntax Highlighting for HTML inside x-template script tags in Sublime Text 3How a script with type “text/babel” is transpiled when put on the HTML page?CodePen not showing any ReactJS componentUncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'current' of undefined react-dom.production.min.js:134 at Vg













4















I have an html file with an embedded babel script within it



<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title>React tutorial</title>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react@16/umd/react.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react-dom@16/umd/react-dom.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/babel-core/5.8.2/browser.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="app"></div>
<script type="text/babel">

</script>
</body>
</html>


I would like it be the case that when I'm typing inside the babel script



 <script type="text/babel">

</script>


And I type something like <div> the software autocompletes the end tag by entering the text </div> in




Neither the auto close tag extension, nor the sublime babel extension, from the visual studio marketplace, was able to do this.



I also followed the advice of this post and created a file named .vscode/settings.json which contains



"emmet.includeLanguages": 
"javascript": "javascriptreact"
,
"emmet.triggerExpansionOnTab": true
"emmet.includeLanguages":
"javascript": "html"



And this also had no effect.










share|improve this question
























  • It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:13






  • 1





    @MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 11:20











  • Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:34












  • @MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 17:12
















4















I have an html file with an embedded babel script within it



<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title>React tutorial</title>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react@16/umd/react.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react-dom@16/umd/react-dom.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/babel-core/5.8.2/browser.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="app"></div>
<script type="text/babel">

</script>
</body>
</html>


I would like it be the case that when I'm typing inside the babel script



 <script type="text/babel">

</script>


And I type something like <div> the software autocompletes the end tag by entering the text </div> in




Neither the auto close tag extension, nor the sublime babel extension, from the visual studio marketplace, was able to do this.



I also followed the advice of this post and created a file named .vscode/settings.json which contains



"emmet.includeLanguages": 
"javascript": "javascriptreact"
,
"emmet.triggerExpansionOnTab": true
"emmet.includeLanguages":
"javascript": "html"



And this also had no effect.










share|improve this question
























  • It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:13






  • 1





    @MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 11:20











  • Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:34












  • @MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 17:12














4












4








4








I have an html file with an embedded babel script within it



<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title>React tutorial</title>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react@16/umd/react.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react-dom@16/umd/react-dom.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/babel-core/5.8.2/browser.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="app"></div>
<script type="text/babel">

</script>
</body>
</html>


I would like it be the case that when I'm typing inside the babel script



 <script type="text/babel">

</script>


And I type something like <div> the software autocompletes the end tag by entering the text </div> in




Neither the auto close tag extension, nor the sublime babel extension, from the visual studio marketplace, was able to do this.



I also followed the advice of this post and created a file named .vscode/settings.json which contains



"emmet.includeLanguages": 
"javascript": "javascriptreact"
,
"emmet.triggerExpansionOnTab": true
"emmet.includeLanguages":
"javascript": "html"



And this also had no effect.










share|improve this question
















I have an html file with an embedded babel script within it



<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<title>React tutorial</title>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react@16/umd/react.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://unpkg.com/react-dom@16/umd/react-dom.development.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/babel-core/5.8.2/browser.min.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="app"></div>
<script type="text/babel">

</script>
</body>
</html>


I would like it be the case that when I'm typing inside the babel script



 <script type="text/babel">

</script>


And I type something like <div> the software autocompletes the end tag by entering the text </div> in




Neither the auto close tag extension, nor the sublime babel extension, from the visual studio marketplace, was able to do this.



I also followed the advice of this post and created a file named .vscode/settings.json which contains



"emmet.includeLanguages": 
"javascript": "javascriptreact"
,
"emmet.triggerExpansionOnTab": true
"emmet.includeLanguages":
"javascript": "html"



And this also had no effect.







javascript html reactjs visual-studio-code babel






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 8 at 15:43







Jacob

















asked Mar 8 at 11:07









JacobJacob

80326




80326












  • It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:13






  • 1





    @MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 11:20











  • Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:34












  • @MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 17:12


















  • It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:13






  • 1





    @MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 11:20











  • Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

    – Michał Kostrzyński
    Mar 8 at 11:34












  • @MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

    – Jacob
    Mar 8 at 17:12

















It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

– Michał Kostrzyński
Mar 8 at 11:13





It might be a stupid question, but "why?". If you're only going for the React tutorial you don't have to use babel, because most modern browsers already have the features needed by React. Therefore there's no need to transpile.

– Michał Kostrzyński
Mar 8 at 11:13




1




1





@MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

– Jacob
Mar 8 at 11:20





@MichałKostrzyński Because I'm using babel

– Jacob
Mar 8 at 11:20













Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

– Michał Kostrzyński
Mar 8 at 11:34






Alright, scratch what I said - I forgot about JSX not being properly handled without babel when using inline script tag. Either way - the reason VSCode doesn't get that kind of setup is probably because nobody is doing it that. If you want to learn React, using the create-react-app is probably going to be both easier and more comfortable (because of all the hot reload stuff).

– Michał Kostrzyński
Mar 8 at 11:34














@MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

– Jacob
Mar 8 at 17:12






@MichałKostrzyński Why is create-react-app better? I'm pretty sure I used it when going through reacts intro tutorial reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html, and seems like it's just way easier to include those three scripts(including babel) in my header.

– Jacob
Mar 8 at 17:12













0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061931%2fvisual-studio-auto-complete-html-tags-inside-an-embedded-babel-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061931%2fvisual-studio-auto-complete-html-tags-inside-an-embedded-babel-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices