Bypass “-” processing as arithmetic operator in bashGet the source directory of a Bash script from within the script itselfWhich equals operator (== vs ===) should be used in JavaScript comparisons?Does Python have a ternary conditional operator?How do I tell if a regular file does not exist in Bash?What is the !! (not not) operator in JavaScript?What is the “-->” operator in C++?Reference — What does this symbol mean in PHP?How to concatenate string variables in BashWhat are the basic rules and idioms for operator overloading?Why don't Java's +=, -=, *=, /= compound assignment operators require casting?

Go Pregnant or Go Home

Was Spock the First Vulcan in Starfleet?

Method to test if a number is a perfect power?

Avoiding estate tax by giving multiple gifts

Why escape if the_content isnt?

Did Dumbledore lie to Harry about how long he had James Potter's invisibility cloak when he was examining it? If so, why?

Unreliable Magic - Is it worth it?

Is there a good way to store credentials outside of a password manager?

Applicability of Single Responsibility Principle

What is the difference between "behavior" and "behaviour"?

Large drywall patch supports

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

What is the best translation for "slot" in the context of multiplayer video games?

How does Loki do this?

How can I get through very long and very dry, but also very useful technical documents when learning a new tool?

How did Doctor Strange see the winning outcome in Avengers: Infinity War?

Proof of work - lottery approach

How does buying out courses with grant money work?

How can a function with a hole (removable discontinuity) equal a function with no hole?

I'm in charge of equipment buying but no one's ever happy with what I choose. How to fix this?

How to pronounce the slash sign

Pre-amplifier input protection

How to run a prison with the smallest amount of guards?

Tiptoe or tiphoof? Adjusting words to better fit fantasy races



Bypass “-” processing as arithmetic operator in bash


Get the source directory of a Bash script from within the script itselfWhich equals operator (== vs ===) should be used in JavaScript comparisons?Does Python have a ternary conditional operator?How do I tell if a regular file does not exist in Bash?What is the !! (not not) operator in JavaScript?What is the “-->” operator in C++?Reference — What does this symbol mean in PHP?How to concatenate string variables in BashWhat are the basic rules and idioms for operator overloading?Why don't Java's +=, -=, *=, /= compound assignment operators require casting?













0















#!/bin/bash

dir=$1
cd $dir
list=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf '%f,')
IFS=',' read -a array <<< "$list"
for i in "$array[@]"
do
longPermission=$(getfacl $i |stat -c %A $i)
longOwner=$(getfacl $i |grep owner)

ownerPermission=$longPermission:1:3
owner=$longOwner:9
if (($ownerPermission=="rwx"))
then
permission='FULL_PERMISSION'
fi

if (($ownerPermission=="rw-"))
then
permission='READ/WRITE_PERMISSION'
fi

#if (($ownerPermission=="r--"))
#then
# permission='READ_ONLY_PERMISSION'
#fi

echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’

done


Bash treats the "-" in rw- and rw-- as arithmetic operators but what I wanto to achieve is processing it as string because I want to work with output I get from getfacl $i |grep owner which gives me back a string I wanna echo in



echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’



thanks in advance!










share|improve this question


























    0















    #!/bin/bash

    dir=$1
    cd $dir
    list=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf '%f,')
    IFS=',' read -a array <<< "$list"
    for i in "$array[@]"
    do
    longPermission=$(getfacl $i |stat -c %A $i)
    longOwner=$(getfacl $i |grep owner)

    ownerPermission=$longPermission:1:3
    owner=$longOwner:9
    if (($ownerPermission=="rwx"))
    then
    permission='FULL_PERMISSION'
    fi

    if (($ownerPermission=="rw-"))
    then
    permission='READ/WRITE_PERMISSION'
    fi

    #if (($ownerPermission=="r--"))
    #then
    # permission='READ_ONLY_PERMISSION'
    #fi

    echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’

    done


    Bash treats the "-" in rw- and rw-- as arithmetic operators but what I wanto to achieve is processing it as string because I want to work with output I get from getfacl $i |grep owner which gives me back a string I wanna echo in



    echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’



    thanks in advance!










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      #!/bin/bash

      dir=$1
      cd $dir
      list=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf '%f,')
      IFS=',' read -a array <<< "$list"
      for i in "$array[@]"
      do
      longPermission=$(getfacl $i |stat -c %A $i)
      longOwner=$(getfacl $i |grep owner)

      ownerPermission=$longPermission:1:3
      owner=$longOwner:9
      if (($ownerPermission=="rwx"))
      then
      permission='FULL_PERMISSION'
      fi

      if (($ownerPermission=="rw-"))
      then
      permission='READ/WRITE_PERMISSION'
      fi

      #if (($ownerPermission=="r--"))
      #then
      # permission='READ_ONLY_PERMISSION'
      #fi

      echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’

      done


      Bash treats the "-" in rw- and rw-- as arithmetic operators but what I wanto to achieve is processing it as string because I want to work with output I get from getfacl $i |grep owner which gives me back a string I wanna echo in



      echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’



      thanks in advance!










      share|improve this question














      #!/bin/bash

      dir=$1
      cd $dir
      list=$(find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf '%f,')
      IFS=',' read -a array <<< "$list"
      for i in "$array[@]"
      do
      longPermission=$(getfacl $i |stat -c %A $i)
      longOwner=$(getfacl $i |grep owner)

      ownerPermission=$longPermission:1:3
      owner=$longOwner:9
      if (($ownerPermission=="rwx"))
      then
      permission='FULL_PERMISSION'
      fi

      if (($ownerPermission=="rw-"))
      then
      permission='READ/WRITE_PERMISSION'
      fi

      #if (($ownerPermission=="r--"))
      #then
      # permission='READ_ONLY_PERMISSION'
      #fi

      echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’

      done


      Bash treats the "-" in rw- and rw-- as arithmetic operators but what I wanto to achieve is processing it as string because I want to work with output I get from getfacl $i |grep owner which gives me back a string I wanna echo in



      echo ’BUERO $owner -user -group -type windows permission $permission’



      thanks in advance!







      linux bash operators






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 11:18









      DatenkralleDatenkralle

      1




      1






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          3














          Use if [[ $ownerPermission == "rwx" ]] and if [[ $ownerPermission == "rw-" ]]



          The (( expr )) is used for arithemtic expressions, which you don't need here.






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062133%2fbypass-processing-as-arithmetic-operator-in-bash%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            3














            Use if [[ $ownerPermission == "rwx" ]] and if [[ $ownerPermission == "rw-" ]]



            The (( expr )) is used for arithemtic expressions, which you don't need here.






            share|improve this answer



























              3














              Use if [[ $ownerPermission == "rwx" ]] and if [[ $ownerPermission == "rw-" ]]



              The (( expr )) is used for arithemtic expressions, which you don't need here.






              share|improve this answer

























                3












                3








                3







                Use if [[ $ownerPermission == "rwx" ]] and if [[ $ownerPermission == "rw-" ]]



                The (( expr )) is used for arithemtic expressions, which you don't need here.






                share|improve this answer













                Use if [[ $ownerPermission == "rwx" ]] and if [[ $ownerPermission == "rw-" ]]



                The (( expr )) is used for arithemtic expressions, which you don't need here.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 11:58









                nosnos

                177k43325433




                177k43325433





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062133%2fbypass-processing-as-arithmetic-operator-in-bash%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices