Ubuntu 18.10 - problem installing from Makefile - make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl'sqlite3-ruby install error on Ubuntugetting error during make in ubuntu for procmonCompilation error when compiling kernel on Ubuntucant install capybara webkit gemLinux system call not working on Linux kernel version 3.16.1Trouble calling syscall by nameHow do i fix this error ? “linux/linkage.h No such file or directory”Failure in running CUDA sample after cuda 8.0 installationunistd_64.h in Ubuntukernel demo build error

How do I go from 300 unfinished/half written blog posts, to published posts?

Risk of infection at the gym?

Sequence of Tenses: Translating the subjunctive

How did Doctor Strange see the winning outcome in Avengers: Infinity War?

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

Is the destination of a commercial flight important for the pilot?

How do I extract a value from a time formatted value in excel?

Why, precisely, is argon used in neutrino experiments?

Two monoidal structures and copowering

Is a stroke of luck acceptable after a series of unfavorable events?

What is the intuitive meaning of having a linear relationship between the logs of two variables?

System.debug(JSON.Serialize(o)) Not longer shows full string

Applicability of Single Responsibility Principle

Hostile work environment after whistle-blowing on coworker and our boss. What do I do?

How to pronounce the slash sign

India just shot down a satellite from the ground. At what altitude range is the resulting debris field?

Customer Requests (Sometimes) Drive Me Bonkers!

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

Trouble understanding the speech of overseas colleagues

How do I find the solutions of the following equation?

Do all network devices need to make routing decisions, regardless of communication across networks or within a network?

Crossing the line between justified force and brutality

Short story about space worker geeks who zone out by 'listening' to radiation from stars

How easy is it to start Magic from scratch?



Ubuntu 18.10 - problem installing from Makefile - make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl'


sqlite3-ruby install error on Ubuntugetting error during make in ubuntu for procmonCompilation error when compiling kernel on Ubuntucant install capybara webkit gemLinux system call not working on Linux kernel version 3.16.1Trouble calling syscall by nameHow do i fix this error ? “linux/linkage.h No such file or directory”Failure in running CUDA sample after cuda 8.0 installationunistd_64.h in Ubuntukernel demo build error













0















I have the following Makefile:



KERNEL_VERSION := $(shell uname -r)
KERNEL_MODULES := /lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build

hid-y := hid-magicmouse.o

obj-m += hid-magicmouse.o

all:
$(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) modules

clean:
$(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) clean


When I run sudo make I receive the following:



make -C /lib/modules/4.18.0-16-generic/build M= modules
make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl', needed by 'arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_32.h'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/Makefile:255: archheaders] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2


Is there anything obvious I can do to get this working?



Thanks in advance










share|improve this question




























    0















    I have the following Makefile:



    KERNEL_VERSION := $(shell uname -r)
    KERNEL_MODULES := /lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build

    hid-y := hid-magicmouse.o

    obj-m += hid-magicmouse.o

    all:
    $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) modules

    clean:
    $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) clean


    When I run sudo make I receive the following:



    make -C /lib/modules/4.18.0-16-generic/build M= modules
    make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl', needed by 'arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_32.h'. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [arch/x86/Makefile:255: archheaders] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
    make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2


    Is there anything obvious I can do to get this working?



    Thanks in advance










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I have the following Makefile:



      KERNEL_VERSION := $(shell uname -r)
      KERNEL_MODULES := /lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build

      hid-y := hid-magicmouse.o

      obj-m += hid-magicmouse.o

      all:
      $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) modules

      clean:
      $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) clean


      When I run sudo make I receive the following:



      make -C /lib/modules/4.18.0-16-generic/build M= modules
      make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
      make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl', needed by 'arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_32.h'. Stop.
      make[1]: *** [arch/x86/Makefile:255: archheaders] Error 2
      make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
      make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2


      Is there anything obvious I can do to get this working?



      Thanks in advance










      share|improve this question
















      I have the following Makefile:



      KERNEL_VERSION := $(shell uname -r)
      KERNEL_MODULES := /lib/modules/$(KERNEL_VERSION)/build

      hid-y := hid-magicmouse.o

      obj-m += hid-magicmouse.o

      all:
      $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) modules

      clean:
      $(MAKE) -C $(KERNEL_MODULES) M=$(PWD) clean


      When I run sudo make I receive the following:



      make -C /lib/modules/4.18.0-16-generic/build M= modules
      make[1]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
      make[2]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl', needed by 'arch/x86/include/generated/asm/syscalls_32.h'. Stop.
      make[1]: *** [arch/x86/Makefile:255: archheaders] Error 2
      make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.18.0-16-generic'
      make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2


      Is there anything obvious I can do to get this working?



      Thanks in advance







      ubuntu






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 8 at 11:18







      Mark

















      asked Mar 8 at 11:05









      MarkMark

      2,1311725




      2,1311725






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          To anyone coming up against the same..



          Change every instance of



          M=$(PWD)


          To



          M=$(shell pwd)





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061892%2fubuntu-18-10-problem-installing-from-makefile-make2-no-rule-to-make-t%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            To anyone coming up against the same..



            Change every instance of



            M=$(PWD)


            To



            M=$(shell pwd)





            share|improve this answer



























              0














              To anyone coming up against the same..



              Change every instance of



              M=$(PWD)


              To



              M=$(shell pwd)





              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                To anyone coming up against the same..



                Change every instance of



                M=$(PWD)


                To



                M=$(shell pwd)





                share|improve this answer













                To anyone coming up against the same..



                Change every instance of



                M=$(PWD)


                To



                M=$(shell pwd)






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 11:18









                MarkMark

                2,1311725




                2,1311725





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061892%2fubuntu-18-10-problem-installing-from-makefile-make2-no-rule-to-make-t%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices