AVD doesn't stop to consume disk spaceStop EditText from gaining focus at Activity startupAndroid error: Failed to install *.apk on device *: timeoutHow to create an AVD for Android 4.0Why emulator is very slow in Android Studio?Does anyone have benchmarks (code & results) comparing performance of Android apps written in Xamarin C# and Java?Error in launching AVD with AMD processorAndroid AVD Manager Linux, Error: No space left on device Error: AVD not createdPushing files to avd using adb, changes are not savedAVD isn't showingIs it possible to put a file in 'Downloads' folder in Android AVD?

Increase performance creating Mandelbrot set in python

Tiptoe or tiphoof? Adjusting words to better fit fantasy races

How do I extract a value from a time formatted value in excel?

Did Dumbledore lie to Harry about how long he had James Potter's invisibility cloak when he was examining it? If so, why?

How easy is it to start Magic from scratch?

Failed to fetch jessie backports repository

Lay out the Carpet

Why Were Madagascar and New Zealand Discovered So Late?

Would a high gravity rocky planet be guaranteed to have an atmosphere?

Unreliable Magic - Is it worth it?

How do scammers retract money, while you can’t?

What happens if you roll doubles 3 times then land on "Go to jail?"

Escape a backup date in a file name

Anatomically Correct Strange Women In Ponds Distributing Swords

I'm in charge of equipment buying but no one's ever happy with what I choose. How to fix this?

Different result between scanning in Epson's "color negative film" mode and scanning in positive -> invert curve in post?

Pole-zeros of a real-valued causal FIR system

Class Action - which options I have?

Detecting if an element is found inside a container

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

Why escape if the_content isnt?

Gears on left are inverse to gears on right?

Is this apparent Class Action settlement a spam message?

Is HostGator storing my password in plaintext?



AVD doesn't stop to consume disk space


Stop EditText from gaining focus at Activity startupAndroid error: Failed to install *.apk on device *: timeoutHow to create an AVD for Android 4.0Why emulator is very slow in Android Studio?Does anyone have benchmarks (code & results) comparing performance of Android apps written in Xamarin C# and Java?Error in launching AVD with AMD processorAndroid AVD Manager Linux, Error: No space left on device Error: AVD not createdPushing files to avd using adb, changes are not savedAVD isn't showingIs it possible to put a file in 'Downloads' folder in Android AVD?













0















I don't have any android device so I need to use the AVD to test my app.



Unfortunately, and I can't understand why, the emulator doesn't stop to take all the space in my hard drive while I'm running the app (keep writing all the time and get all space). Now I have less than 2 GB of free disk space, and even if I delete all devices from AVD I can't get a lot of space back.



Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Need to unistall android studio?



UPDATE



Today I was able to free enough space to have 3 GB free space disk, so a created a new emulator and by lunch time I left my desk with the AVD emulator open and 2 GB free space disk. One hour later I came back and only have 500 KB left at my HD. I was testing an app with not even one writing task and he was on background state during my lunch time. Have no idea what to do.










share|improve this question




























    0















    I don't have any android device so I need to use the AVD to test my app.



    Unfortunately, and I can't understand why, the emulator doesn't stop to take all the space in my hard drive while I'm running the app (keep writing all the time and get all space). Now I have less than 2 GB of free disk space, and even if I delete all devices from AVD I can't get a lot of space back.



    Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Need to unistall android studio?



    UPDATE



    Today I was able to free enough space to have 3 GB free space disk, so a created a new emulator and by lunch time I left my desk with the AVD emulator open and 2 GB free space disk. One hour later I came back and only have 500 KB left at my HD. I was testing an app with not even one writing task and he was on background state during my lunch time. Have no idea what to do.










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I don't have any android device so I need to use the AVD to test my app.



      Unfortunately, and I can't understand why, the emulator doesn't stop to take all the space in my hard drive while I'm running the app (keep writing all the time and get all space). Now I have less than 2 GB of free disk space, and even if I delete all devices from AVD I can't get a lot of space back.



      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Need to unistall android studio?



      UPDATE



      Today I was able to free enough space to have 3 GB free space disk, so a created a new emulator and by lunch time I left my desk with the AVD emulator open and 2 GB free space disk. One hour later I came back and only have 500 KB left at my HD. I was testing an app with not even one writing task and he was on background state during my lunch time. Have no idea what to do.










      share|improve this question
















      I don't have any android device so I need to use the AVD to test my app.



      Unfortunately, and I can't understand why, the emulator doesn't stop to take all the space in my hard drive while I'm running the app (keep writing all the time and get all space). Now I have less than 2 GB of free disk space, and even if I delete all devices from AVD I can't get a lot of space back.



      Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Need to unistall android studio?



      UPDATE



      Today I was able to free enough space to have 3 GB free space disk, so a created a new emulator and by lunch time I left my desk with the AVD emulator open and 2 GB free space disk. One hour later I came back and only have 500 KB left at my HD. I was testing an app with not even one writing task and he was on background state during my lunch time. Have no idea what to do.







      android android-emulator avd android-avd






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 11 at 16:41







      Gustavo Oliveira

















      asked Mar 8 at 11:26









      Gustavo OliveiraGustavo Oliveira

      83




      83






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          What is the size on disk of your AVDs?



          enter image description here



          Did you try to show on disk or wipe data?



          enter image description here



          What about their configuration?



          enter image description here



          You can try SpaceSniffer to see where is your storage going.



          enter image description here



          Delete Emulator’s Temp Files
          temp folder which located in this directory C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempAndroidEmulator .



          enter image description here



          Delete Old Version Android Studio





          It isn't normal to your AVD taking up space, because they're empty. So...it's the application you're developing doing some write task? Maybe is the Android updating itself?






          share|improve this answer























          • My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

            – Gustavo Oliveira
            Mar 8 at 12:42










          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062281%2favd-doesnt-stop-to-consume-disk-space%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes









          0














          What is the size on disk of your AVDs?



          enter image description here



          Did you try to show on disk or wipe data?



          enter image description here



          What about their configuration?



          enter image description here



          You can try SpaceSniffer to see where is your storage going.



          enter image description here



          Delete Emulator’s Temp Files
          temp folder which located in this directory C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempAndroidEmulator .



          enter image description here



          Delete Old Version Android Studio





          It isn't normal to your AVD taking up space, because they're empty. So...it's the application you're developing doing some write task? Maybe is the Android updating itself?






          share|improve this answer























          • My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

            – Gustavo Oliveira
            Mar 8 at 12:42















          0














          What is the size on disk of your AVDs?



          enter image description here



          Did you try to show on disk or wipe data?



          enter image description here



          What about their configuration?



          enter image description here



          You can try SpaceSniffer to see where is your storage going.



          enter image description here



          Delete Emulator’s Temp Files
          temp folder which located in this directory C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempAndroidEmulator .



          enter image description here



          Delete Old Version Android Studio





          It isn't normal to your AVD taking up space, because they're empty. So...it's the application you're developing doing some write task? Maybe is the Android updating itself?






          share|improve this answer























          • My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

            – Gustavo Oliveira
            Mar 8 at 12:42













          0












          0








          0







          What is the size on disk of your AVDs?



          enter image description here



          Did you try to show on disk or wipe data?



          enter image description here



          What about their configuration?



          enter image description here



          You can try SpaceSniffer to see where is your storage going.



          enter image description here



          Delete Emulator’s Temp Files
          temp folder which located in this directory C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempAndroidEmulator .



          enter image description here



          Delete Old Version Android Studio





          It isn't normal to your AVD taking up space, because they're empty. So...it's the application you're developing doing some write task? Maybe is the Android updating itself?






          share|improve this answer













          What is the size on disk of your AVDs?



          enter image description here



          Did you try to show on disk or wipe data?



          enter image description here



          What about their configuration?



          enter image description here



          You can try SpaceSniffer to see where is your storage going.



          enter image description here



          Delete Emulator’s Temp Files
          temp folder which located in this directory C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempAndroidEmulator .



          enter image description here



          Delete Old Version Android Studio





          It isn't normal to your AVD taking up space, because they're empty. So...it's the application you're developing doing some write task? Maybe is the Android updating itself?







          share|improve this answer












          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer










          answered Mar 8 at 12:01









          ferminx360ferminx360

          537




          537












          • My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

            – Gustavo Oliveira
            Mar 8 at 12:42

















          • My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

            – Gustavo Oliveira
            Mar 8 at 12:42
















          My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

          – Gustavo Oliveira
          Mar 8 at 12:42





          My temp directory is empty and i just have one version of android studio installed. Have no idea about what to do

          – Gustavo Oliveira
          Mar 8 at 12:42



















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55062281%2favd-doesnt-stop-to-consume-disk-space%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices