Can i export and import my database to 'flatten' out any memory page issuesWhy do we need entity objects?MySQL Question - How to handle multiple types of users - one table or multiple?When should I consider using a in memory database and what are the issue to look out for?First-time database design: am I overengineering?rails: changing databaseRecreate deleted database using Entity FrameworkIs it safe to truncate the schema_migrations table?Enhance persistence.xml for database updateAdd Entity Framework Migration Through CodeRuby on Rails 5.0 upgrade with migrating users table conflicts

How do I extract a value from a time formatted value in excel?

Hostile work environment after whistle-blowing on coworker and our boss. What do I do?

Purchasing a ticket for someone else in another country?

Go Pregnant or Go Home

Is this apparent Class Action settlement a spam message?

How do I find the solutions of the following equation?

Balance Issues for a Custom Sorcerer Variant

Pole-zeros of a real-valued causal FIR system

How can a function with a hole (removable discontinuity) equal a function with no hole?

Is there a good way to store credentials outside of a password manager?

For a non-Jew, is there a punishment for not observing the 7 Noahide Laws?

Was Spock the First Vulcan in Starfleet?

Applicability of Single Responsibility Principle

How to write papers efficiently when English isn't my first language?

How to Reset Passwords on Multiple Websites Easily?

Opposite of a diet

Is exact Kanji stroke length important?

What does the word "Atten" mean?

How does Loki do this?

What happens if you roll doubles 3 times then land on "Go to jail?"

What is paid subscription needed for in Mortal Kombat 11?

What is the opposite of 'gravitas'?

How to run a prison with the smallest amount of guards?

Is HostGator storing my password in plaintext?



Can i export and import my database to 'flatten' out any memory page issues


Why do we need entity objects?MySQL Question - How to handle multiple types of users - one table or multiple?When should I consider using a in memory database and what are the issue to look out for?First-time database design: am I overengineering?rails: changing databaseRecreate deleted database using Entity FrameworkIs it safe to truncate the schema_migrations table?Enhance persistence.xml for database updateAdd Entity Framework Migration Through CodeRuby on Rails 5.0 upgrade with migrating users table conflicts













0















I have an SQL database that I have been working with a while,
Maybe I am going down the road of prematurely optimizing...



But i have been adding new tables and adding/modifying fields in this database as the application develops - note the application is in full uses so we are adding to the database using entity migrations.



My worry is by adding lots of small changes i am creating a fragmented memory model.



Is it worth at soem point stopping the db and exporting and then reimporting again.
Would this recreate the db in a layout as if i had created it all in one go without all the additions etc.



I am conscious about additional fields ending up in totally different pages etc.



Any ideas? Am i off the mark here?



Its not a high usage db so the difference is probably marginal...










share|improve this question


























    0















    I have an SQL database that I have been working with a while,
    Maybe I am going down the road of prematurely optimizing...



    But i have been adding new tables and adding/modifying fields in this database as the application develops - note the application is in full uses so we are adding to the database using entity migrations.



    My worry is by adding lots of small changes i am creating a fragmented memory model.



    Is it worth at soem point stopping the db and exporting and then reimporting again.
    Would this recreate the db in a layout as if i had created it all in one go without all the additions etc.



    I am conscious about additional fields ending up in totally different pages etc.



    Any ideas? Am i off the mark here?



    Its not a high usage db so the difference is probably marginal...










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I have an SQL database that I have been working with a while,
      Maybe I am going down the road of prematurely optimizing...



      But i have been adding new tables and adding/modifying fields in this database as the application develops - note the application is in full uses so we are adding to the database using entity migrations.



      My worry is by adding lots of small changes i am creating a fragmented memory model.



      Is it worth at soem point stopping the db and exporting and then reimporting again.
      Would this recreate the db in a layout as if i had created it all in one go without all the additions etc.



      I am conscious about additional fields ending up in totally different pages etc.



      Any ideas? Am i off the mark here?



      Its not a high usage db so the difference is probably marginal...










      share|improve this question














      I have an SQL database that I have been working with a while,
      Maybe I am going down the road of prematurely optimizing...



      But i have been adding new tables and adding/modifying fields in this database as the application develops - note the application is in full uses so we are adding to the database using entity migrations.



      My worry is by adding lots of small changes i am creating a fragmented memory model.



      Is it worth at soem point stopping the db and exporting and then reimporting again.
      Would this recreate the db in a layout as if i had created it all in one go without all the additions etc.



      I am conscious about additional fields ending up in totally different pages etc.



      Any ideas? Am i off the mark here?



      Its not a high usage db so the difference is probably marginal...







      database






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 11:00









      softyenginsoftyengin

      32




      32






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          You don't mention the specific database engine you're using, but you are almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here - on modern hardware, this kind of optimization is so marginal you only notice it in edge cases. I've worked on dozens of database projects, with lots of migrations and other DDL changes, and I have never run into this problem.



          I would put my energy into:



          • modern, fast hardware (lots of RAM, SSDs)

          • query optimization

          • possibly running the code that refreshes your indexes (update statistics or similar) on a schedule.





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061815%2fcan-i-export-and-import-my-database-to-flatten-out-any-memory-page-issues%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            You don't mention the specific database engine you're using, but you are almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here - on modern hardware, this kind of optimization is so marginal you only notice it in edge cases. I've worked on dozens of database projects, with lots of migrations and other DDL changes, and I have never run into this problem.



            I would put my energy into:



            • modern, fast hardware (lots of RAM, SSDs)

            • query optimization

            • possibly running the code that refreshes your indexes (update statistics or similar) on a schedule.





            share|improve this answer



























              0














              You don't mention the specific database engine you're using, but you are almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here - on modern hardware, this kind of optimization is so marginal you only notice it in edge cases. I've worked on dozens of database projects, with lots of migrations and other DDL changes, and I have never run into this problem.



              I would put my energy into:



              • modern, fast hardware (lots of RAM, SSDs)

              • query optimization

              • possibly running the code that refreshes your indexes (update statistics or similar) on a schedule.





              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                You don't mention the specific database engine you're using, but you are almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here - on modern hardware, this kind of optimization is so marginal you only notice it in edge cases. I've worked on dozens of database projects, with lots of migrations and other DDL changes, and I have never run into this problem.



                I would put my energy into:



                • modern, fast hardware (lots of RAM, SSDs)

                • query optimization

                • possibly running the code that refreshes your indexes (update statistics or similar) on a schedule.





                share|improve this answer













                You don't mention the specific database engine you're using, but you are almost certainly barking up the wrong tree here - on modern hardware, this kind of optimization is so marginal you only notice it in edge cases. I've worked on dozens of database projects, with lots of migrations and other DDL changes, and I have never run into this problem.



                I would put my energy into:



                • modern, fast hardware (lots of RAM, SSDs)

                • query optimization

                • possibly running the code that refreshes your indexes (update statistics or similar) on a schedule.






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 8 at 11:10









                Neville KuytNeville Kuyt

                23k2641




                23k2641





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55061815%2fcan-i-export-and-import-my-database-to-flatten-out-any-memory-page-issues%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices