VB.NET Allow users to enter X amount of items on a Form2019 Community Moderator ElectionASP.NET MVC - Set custom IIdentity or IPrincipalAllowing user specific css templatesVb.net - Select listbox item based on stringGetting ID of record just inserted?ASP.NET Data-bound Dropdownlist that permits manual entry also?Form to allow users to add text and store temporarily before inserting into databaseSQL solution: associating a group of 'attendees' to another table (signing up for an event)How to Insert new item into session without overriding the previous value ASP / VB.NETvb.net storing “i” amount of textbox values in an arrayASP.NET C# eCommerce Create new page dynamically when user post their item

Do Cubics always have one real root?

What is this tube in a jet engine's air intake?

Short scifi story where reproductive organs are converted to produce "materials", pregnant protagonist is "found fit" to be a mother

Which country has more?

What will happen if my luggage gets delayed?

Can the Witch Sight warlock invocation see through the Mirror Image spell?

What is Tony Stark injecting into himself in Iron Man 3?

If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?

Can I negotiate a patent idea for a raise, under French law?

Is this Paypal Github SDK reference really a dangerous site?

What does *dead* mean in *What do you mean, dead?*?

Can one live in the U.S. and not use a credit card?

PTIJ: Who was the sixth set of priestly clothes for?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?

Idiom for feeling after taking risk and someone else being rewarded

Has a sovereign Communist government ever run, and conceded loss, on a fair election?

Smooth vector fields on a surface modulo diffeomorphisms

How to educate team mate to take screenshots for bugs with out unwanted stuff

Are all players supposed to be able to see each others' character sheets?

Movie: boy escapes the real world and goes to a fantasy world with big furry trolls

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

Writing text next to a table

Why restrict private health insurance?



VB.NET Allow users to enter X amount of items on a Form



2019 Community Moderator ElectionASP.NET MVC - Set custom IIdentity or IPrincipalAllowing user specific css templatesVb.net - Select listbox item based on stringGetting ID of record just inserted?ASP.NET Data-bound Dropdownlist that permits manual entry also?Form to allow users to add text and store temporarily before inserting into databaseSQL solution: associating a group of 'attendees' to another table (signing up for an event)How to Insert new item into session without overriding the previous value ASP / VB.NETvb.net storing “i” amount of textbox values in an arrayASP.NET C# eCommerce Create new page dynamically when user post their item










-1















I am writing an order entry portion of our website. In which the user can add items they want to order. My dilemma is storing the items in such a way that I can retrieve them when I call my INSERT SQL statement. The user can add x items to the order, therefore I cannot create a specific amount of fields (rows). Some programmers recommend creating a dynamic table that would be store in a session("table").
What would be the best way to achieve my goal? would it be session stored table? How would I store the table and retrieve the items?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

    – jmcilhinney
    Mar 6 at 23:18















-1















I am writing an order entry portion of our website. In which the user can add items they want to order. My dilemma is storing the items in such a way that I can retrieve them when I call my INSERT SQL statement. The user can add x items to the order, therefore I cannot create a specific amount of fields (rows). Some programmers recommend creating a dynamic table that would be store in a session("table").
What would be the best way to achieve my goal? would it be session stored table? How would I store the table and retrieve the items?










share|improve this question



















  • 1





    You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

    – jmcilhinney
    Mar 6 at 23:18













-1












-1








-1








I am writing an order entry portion of our website. In which the user can add items they want to order. My dilemma is storing the items in such a way that I can retrieve them when I call my INSERT SQL statement. The user can add x items to the order, therefore I cannot create a specific amount of fields (rows). Some programmers recommend creating a dynamic table that would be store in a session("table").
What would be the best way to achieve my goal? would it be session stored table? How would I store the table and retrieve the items?










share|improve this question
















I am writing an order entry portion of our website. In which the user can add items they want to order. My dilemma is storing the items in such a way that I can retrieve them when I call my INSERT SQL statement. The user can add x items to the order, therefore I cannot create a specific amount of fields (rows). Some programmers recommend creating a dynamic table that would be store in a session("table").
What would be the best way to achieve my goal? would it be session stored table? How would I store the table and retrieve the items?







asp.net vb.net visual-studio






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited 2 days ago







Konrad13

















asked Mar 6 at 23:12









Konrad13Konrad13

4911




4911







  • 1





    You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

    – jmcilhinney
    Mar 6 at 23:18












  • 1





    You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

    – jmcilhinney
    Mar 6 at 23:18







1




1





You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

– jmcilhinney
Mar 6 at 23:18





You mention "session" but there's no specific indication that this is for an ASP.NET application. That is something that you should indicate with appropriate tags.

– jmcilhinney
Mar 6 at 23:18












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033664%2fvb-net-allow-users-to-enter-x-amount-of-items-on-a-form%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033664%2fvb-net-allow-users-to-enter-x-amount-of-items-on-a-form%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page