Why does Karma disconnect in AWS CodeBuild before it can complete all specs?2019 Community Moderator ElectionWhy does Chrome 35 disconnect after running my Karma tests?karma-sauce-launcher disconnects every test run resulting in failed runs with IE and Safari$httpBackend.flush(); causes Karma to failJasmine SpecRunner style page for KarmaKarma don’t fail if tests have errorsTypeScript compilation failure and Karma test execution?Karma - run tests on previously preprocessed filesKarma disconnects with timeout even with 2 testsKarma tests handling element dimensions differently than in browser for IE8Is there a way to view Codebuild builds in a dashboard in Cloudwatch, like a Jenkins dashboard monitor?

Do black holes violate the conservation of mass?

School performs periodic password audits. Is my password compromised?

Create chunks from an array

How is it possible to drive VGA displays at such high pixel clock frequencies?

How exactly does an Ethernet collision happen in the cable, since nodes use different circuits for Tx and Rx?

What is Tony Stark injecting into himself in Iron Man 3?

Trocar background-image com delay via jQuery

What does *dead* mean in *What do you mean, dead?*?

Are all players supposed to be able to see each others' character sheets?

When an outsider describes family relationships, which point of view are they using?

Can I take the the bonus-action attack from Two-Weapon Fighting without taking the Attack action?

Can the Witch Sight warlock invocation see through the Mirror Image spell?

How do I increase the number of TTY consoles?

How do you make a gun that shoots melee weapons and/or swords?

The (Easy) Road to Code

Is there a logarithm base for which the logarithm becomes an identity function?

Will expression retain the same definition if particle is changed?

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?

How do we create new idioms and use them in a novel?

Playing a 7-string guitar song on a 6-string guitar

Movie: boy escapes the real world and goes to a fantasy world with big furry trolls

Gomel chasadim tovim - are there bad chasadim?

What is this tube in a jet engine's air intake?



Why does Karma disconnect in AWS CodeBuild before it can complete all specs?



2019 Community Moderator ElectionWhy does Chrome 35 disconnect after running my Karma tests?karma-sauce-launcher disconnects every test run resulting in failed runs with IE and Safari$httpBackend.flush(); causes Karma to failJasmine SpecRunner style page for KarmaKarma don’t fail if tests have errorsTypeScript compilation failure and Karma test execution?Karma - run tests on previously preprocessed filesKarma disconnects with timeout even with 2 testsKarma tests handling element dimensions differently than in browser for IE8Is there a way to view Codebuild builds in a dashboard in Cloudwatch, like a Jenkins dashboard monitor?










0















I am currently running 50 specs in my Karma test run (a.k.a. unit tests), when building with AWS CodeBuild. Sometimes when I am running Karma specs in AWS CodeBuild, Karma disconnects at the 48th or 49th spec before it can complete all 50 specs. I have done the following so far:



  • Increased disconnection timeout: 2000 ms => 5000 ms

  • Increased disconnection tolerance: 0 retries => 3 retries

  • Increase compute capacity from 3GB memory /2 virtual cores => 7 GB memory/ 4 virtual cores

However, Karma tries to rerun all the tests, even the ones that passed, and it keeps repeatedly failing at every 48th test. Sometimes it passes the build, but most of the time it fails.



When I try to perform the same test run on my local laptop, I am able to pass the entire test suite without disconnects, and all specs pass every time. I have tested this suite on my entire development team's laptops, and they all pass, so I think it might be an AWS CodeBuild related error.



I was just wondering if there exist options to do the following:



  • Retry only failed/skipped tests

  • Keep a steady connection long enough to pass all tests.









share|improve this question







New contributor




Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
























    0















    I am currently running 50 specs in my Karma test run (a.k.a. unit tests), when building with AWS CodeBuild. Sometimes when I am running Karma specs in AWS CodeBuild, Karma disconnects at the 48th or 49th spec before it can complete all 50 specs. I have done the following so far:



    • Increased disconnection timeout: 2000 ms => 5000 ms

    • Increased disconnection tolerance: 0 retries => 3 retries

    • Increase compute capacity from 3GB memory /2 virtual cores => 7 GB memory/ 4 virtual cores

    However, Karma tries to rerun all the tests, even the ones that passed, and it keeps repeatedly failing at every 48th test. Sometimes it passes the build, but most of the time it fails.



    When I try to perform the same test run on my local laptop, I am able to pass the entire test suite without disconnects, and all specs pass every time. I have tested this suite on my entire development team's laptops, and they all pass, so I think it might be an AWS CodeBuild related error.



    I was just wondering if there exist options to do the following:



    • Retry only failed/skipped tests

    • Keep a steady connection long enough to pass all tests.









    share|improve this question







    New contributor




    Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
    Check out our Code of Conduct.






















      0












      0








      0








      I am currently running 50 specs in my Karma test run (a.k.a. unit tests), when building with AWS CodeBuild. Sometimes when I am running Karma specs in AWS CodeBuild, Karma disconnects at the 48th or 49th spec before it can complete all 50 specs. I have done the following so far:



      • Increased disconnection timeout: 2000 ms => 5000 ms

      • Increased disconnection tolerance: 0 retries => 3 retries

      • Increase compute capacity from 3GB memory /2 virtual cores => 7 GB memory/ 4 virtual cores

      However, Karma tries to rerun all the tests, even the ones that passed, and it keeps repeatedly failing at every 48th test. Sometimes it passes the build, but most of the time it fails.



      When I try to perform the same test run on my local laptop, I am able to pass the entire test suite without disconnects, and all specs pass every time. I have tested this suite on my entire development team's laptops, and they all pass, so I think it might be an AWS CodeBuild related error.



      I was just wondering if there exist options to do the following:



      • Retry only failed/skipped tests

      • Keep a steady connection long enough to pass all tests.









      share|improve this question







      New contributor




      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.












      I am currently running 50 specs in my Karma test run (a.k.a. unit tests), when building with AWS CodeBuild. Sometimes when I am running Karma specs in AWS CodeBuild, Karma disconnects at the 48th or 49th spec before it can complete all 50 specs. I have done the following so far:



      • Increased disconnection timeout: 2000 ms => 5000 ms

      • Increased disconnection tolerance: 0 retries => 3 retries

      • Increase compute capacity from 3GB memory /2 virtual cores => 7 GB memory/ 4 virtual cores

      However, Karma tries to rerun all the tests, even the ones that passed, and it keeps repeatedly failing at every 48th test. Sometimes it passes the build, but most of the time it fails.



      When I try to perform the same test run on my local laptop, I am able to pass the entire test suite without disconnects, and all specs pass every time. I have tested this suite on my entire development team's laptops, and they all pass, so I think it might be an AWS CodeBuild related error.



      I was just wondering if there exist options to do the following:



      • Retry only failed/skipped tests

      • Keep a steady connection long enough to pass all tests.






      amazon-web-services karma-runner aws-codebuild






      share|improve this question







      New contributor




      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.











      share|improve this question







      New contributor




      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question






      New contributor




      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.









      asked Mar 6 at 22:50









      Drew TsunDrew Tsun

      11




      11




      New contributor




      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.





      New contributor





      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






      Drew Tsun is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
      Check out our Code of Conduct.






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );






          Drew Tsun is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033451%2fwhy-does-karma-disconnect-in-aws-codebuild-before-it-can-complete-all-specs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          Drew Tsun is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.









          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          Drew Tsun is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.












          Drew Tsun is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.











          Drew Tsun is a new contributor. Be nice, and check out our Code of Conduct.














          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033451%2fwhy-does-karma-disconnect-in-aws-codebuild-before-it-can-complete-all-specs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page