Replace vector of species codes with species common name2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to replace all occurrences of a string in JavaScriptSimple way to repeat a String in javaWhat characters are valid for JavaScript variable names?How to search a string in multiple files and return the names of files in Powershell?Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain EnglishPythonic way to create a long multi-line stringFinding last occurrence of substring in string, replacing thatWhy does this code using random strings print “hello world”?How to match by character vector with slightly different stringsSQL - Replace non numeric characters in string

Is it a Cyclops number? "Nobody" knows!

Does the US political system, in principle, allow for a no-party system?

Gomel chasadim tovim - are there bad chasadim?

Translation of 答えを知っている人はいませんでした

What should I do when a paper is published similar to my PhD thesis without citation?

Why is there an extra space when I type "ls" on the Desktop?

Why aren't there more Gauls like Obelix?

How do we create new idioms and use them in a novel?

Do Paladin Auras of Differing Oaths Stack?

How to educate team mate to take screenshots for bugs with out unwanted stuff

Is it appropriate to ask a former professor to order a book for me through an inter-library loan?

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?

Having the player face themselves after the mid-game

Will expression retain the same definition if particle is changed?

Is this Paypal Github SDK reference really a dangerous site?

Are all players supposed to be able to see each others' character sheets?

Is divide-by-zero a security vulnerability?

Are small insurances worth it?

Why do phishing e-mails use faked e-mail addresses instead of the real one?

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

Did Amazon pay $0 in taxes last year?

How can I portion out frozen cookie dough?

Short scifi story where reproductive organs are converted to produce "materials", pregnant protagonist is "found fit" to be a mother

What is Tony Stark injecting into himself in Iron Man 3?



Replace vector of species codes with species common name



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to replace all occurrences of a string in JavaScriptSimple way to repeat a String in javaWhat characters are valid for JavaScript variable names?How to search a string in multiple files and return the names of files in Powershell?Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain EnglishPythonic way to create a long multi-line stringFinding last occurrence of substring in string, replacing thatWhy does this code using random strings print “hello world”?How to match by character vector with slightly different stringsSQL - Replace non numeric characters in string










1















I have a list of 370 species with their common names (character string) as well as species codes (numeric). I am trying to replace/substitute the species codes in my abundance matrix with the species common name. I cannot find the correct code for this. I tried 'match' and '%s' but it didn't work.










share|improve this question
























  • what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

    – markgiaconia
    Jan 15 '17 at 22:55















1















I have a list of 370 species with their common names (character string) as well as species codes (numeric). I am trying to replace/substitute the species codes in my abundance matrix with the species common name. I cannot find the correct code for this. I tried 'match' and '%s' but it didn't work.










share|improve this question
























  • what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

    – markgiaconia
    Jan 15 '17 at 22:55













1












1








1








I have a list of 370 species with their common names (character string) as well as species codes (numeric). I am trying to replace/substitute the species codes in my abundance matrix with the species common name. I cannot find the correct code for this. I tried 'match' and '%s' but it didn't work.










share|improve this question
















I have a list of 370 species with their common names (character string) as well as species codes (numeric). I am trying to replace/substitute the species codes in my abundance matrix with the species common name. I cannot find the correct code for this. I tried 'match' and '%s' but it didn't work.







string character match substitution






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 6 at 22:48









Brian Tompsett - 汤莱恩

4,2321338102




4,2321338102










asked Jan 15 '17 at 22:52









Megan ElizabethMegan Elizabeth

184




184












  • what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

    – markgiaconia
    Jan 15 '17 at 22:55

















  • what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

    – markgiaconia
    Jan 15 '17 at 22:55
















what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

– markgiaconia
Jan 15 '17 at 22:55





what language or DB are you using to accomplish this? What have you tried

– markgiaconia
Jan 15 '17 at 22:55












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f41667238%2freplace-vector-of-species-codes-with-species-common-name%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f41667238%2freplace-vector-of-species-codes-with-species-common-name%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page