Simple File Upload not working with Vue.js & Flask framework2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow can I upload files asynchronously?jQuery Ajax File UploadHow to serve static files in Flaskexpress-http-proxy Error HandlingIs there a way to build vue.js components without using the npm server?Passing credentials securely between two python applicationsUnable to render create-react-app boilerplate views from Flask backendAngular 4 frontend with python flask backend how to render simple index pagePython + Flask Image Upload “No file part”Internal Server Error, rather than raised AuthError response from Auth0

Why do we say 'Pairwise Disjoint', rather than 'Disjoint'?

Help! My Character is too much for her story!

Insult for someone who "doesn't know anything"

When an outsider describes family relationships, which point of view are they using?

The (Easy) Road to Code

Having the player face themselves after the mid-game

Are E natural minor and B harmonic minor related?

Difference between `nmap local-IP-address` and `nmap localhost`

Which country has more?

Too soon for a plot twist?

Was it really inappropriate to write a pull request for the company I interviewed with?

Trocar background-image com delay via jQuery

Is there stress on two letters on the word стоят

Are all players supposed to be able to see each others' character sheets?

If sound is a longitudinal wave, why can we hear it if our ears aren't aligned with the propagation direction?

What can I do if someone tampers with my SSH public key?

How do I increase the number of TTY consoles?

How can a demon take control of a human body during REM sleep?

How to install round brake pads

Is this Paypal Github SDK reference really a dangerous site?

Can I negotiate a patent idea for a raise, under French law?

(Codewars) Linked Lists-Sorted Insert

Sampling from Gaussian mixture models, when are the sampled data independent?

Under what conditions can the right to be silence be revoked in the USA?



Simple File Upload not working with Vue.js & Flask framework



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow can I upload files asynchronously?jQuery Ajax File UploadHow to serve static files in Flaskexpress-http-proxy Error HandlingIs there a way to build vue.js components without using the npm server?Passing credentials securely between two python applicationsUnable to render create-react-app boilerplate views from Flask backendAngular 4 frontend with python flask backend how to render simple index pagePython + Flask Image Upload “No file part”Internal Server Error, rather than raised AuthError response from Auth0










0















I'm having issues uploading an image via FormData from Vue.js to my Python flask backend. I have a node.js server which handles Vue.js (Nuxt) so I can do SSR. The minimal stack setup:



Vue.js (Nuxt) frontend --> node.js proxy server ---> Python flask backend



HandleFile.vue



const formData = new FormData()
formData.append('image', file)
formData.append('data', JSON.stringify(upcomingReq))

const resp = await this.$axios.post('/api/receive-file', formData,
headers:
'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data'

)



server.js (just a snippet of the proxy function from the node.js server which serves the nuxt app)



app.use('/api', proxy(
target: API_URI,
changeOrigin: true,
// logLevel: 'debug',
onProxyReq(proxyReq, req, res)
if (req.session.authToken)
proxyReq.setHeader('Authorization', 'Bearer ' + req.session.authToken)

,
))



app.py (the controller that receives the file)



@v1.route('/api/receive-file', methods=['GET', 'POST'])
@auth_required
def receive_file():
print('in here')
return jsonify('hi': 'ok')



This is the error I'm getting:



enter image description here
(3000 is the Node server, 5000 is the flask server)



Also, Flask is returning a 200 as if everything went ok. And upon inspecting the Flask request, the file is in there without a problem.



I'm not sure why it seems the response is failing, or as the error says, the pipe becomes broken.










share|improve this question


























    0















    I'm having issues uploading an image via FormData from Vue.js to my Python flask backend. I have a node.js server which handles Vue.js (Nuxt) so I can do SSR. The minimal stack setup:



    Vue.js (Nuxt) frontend --> node.js proxy server ---> Python flask backend



    HandleFile.vue



    const formData = new FormData()
    formData.append('image', file)
    formData.append('data', JSON.stringify(upcomingReq))

    const resp = await this.$axios.post('/api/receive-file', formData,
    headers:
    'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data'

    )



    server.js (just a snippet of the proxy function from the node.js server which serves the nuxt app)



    app.use('/api', proxy(
    target: API_URI,
    changeOrigin: true,
    // logLevel: 'debug',
    onProxyReq(proxyReq, req, res)
    if (req.session.authToken)
    proxyReq.setHeader('Authorization', 'Bearer ' + req.session.authToken)

    ,
    ))



    app.py (the controller that receives the file)



    @v1.route('/api/receive-file', methods=['GET', 'POST'])
    @auth_required
    def receive_file():
    print('in here')
    return jsonify('hi': 'ok')



    This is the error I'm getting:



    enter image description here
    (3000 is the Node server, 5000 is the flask server)



    Also, Flask is returning a 200 as if everything went ok. And upon inspecting the Flask request, the file is in there without a problem.



    I'm not sure why it seems the response is failing, or as the error says, the pipe becomes broken.










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I'm having issues uploading an image via FormData from Vue.js to my Python flask backend. I have a node.js server which handles Vue.js (Nuxt) so I can do SSR. The minimal stack setup:



      Vue.js (Nuxt) frontend --> node.js proxy server ---> Python flask backend



      HandleFile.vue



      const formData = new FormData()
      formData.append('image', file)
      formData.append('data', JSON.stringify(upcomingReq))

      const resp = await this.$axios.post('/api/receive-file', formData,
      headers:
      'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data'

      )



      server.js (just a snippet of the proxy function from the node.js server which serves the nuxt app)



      app.use('/api', proxy(
      target: API_URI,
      changeOrigin: true,
      // logLevel: 'debug',
      onProxyReq(proxyReq, req, res)
      if (req.session.authToken)
      proxyReq.setHeader('Authorization', 'Bearer ' + req.session.authToken)

      ,
      ))



      app.py (the controller that receives the file)



      @v1.route('/api/receive-file', methods=['GET', 'POST'])
      @auth_required
      def receive_file():
      print('in here')
      return jsonify('hi': 'ok')



      This is the error I'm getting:



      enter image description here
      (3000 is the Node server, 5000 is the flask server)



      Also, Flask is returning a 200 as if everything went ok. And upon inspecting the Flask request, the file is in there without a problem.



      I'm not sure why it seems the response is failing, or as the error says, the pipe becomes broken.










      share|improve this question














      I'm having issues uploading an image via FormData from Vue.js to my Python flask backend. I have a node.js server which handles Vue.js (Nuxt) so I can do SSR. The minimal stack setup:



      Vue.js (Nuxt) frontend --> node.js proxy server ---> Python flask backend



      HandleFile.vue



      const formData = new FormData()
      formData.append('image', file)
      formData.append('data', JSON.stringify(upcomingReq))

      const resp = await this.$axios.post('/api/receive-file', formData,
      headers:
      'Content-Type': 'multipart/form-data'

      )



      server.js (just a snippet of the proxy function from the node.js server which serves the nuxt app)



      app.use('/api', proxy(
      target: API_URI,
      changeOrigin: true,
      // logLevel: 'debug',
      onProxyReq(proxyReq, req, res)
      if (req.session.authToken)
      proxyReq.setHeader('Authorization', 'Bearer ' + req.session.authToken)

      ,
      ))



      app.py (the controller that receives the file)



      @v1.route('/api/receive-file', methods=['GET', 'POST'])
      @auth_required
      def receive_file():
      print('in here')
      return jsonify('hi': 'ok')



      This is the error I'm getting:



      enter image description here
      (3000 is the Node server, 5000 is the flask server)



      Also, Flask is returning a 200 as if everything went ok. And upon inspecting the Flask request, the file is in there without a problem.



      I'm not sure why it seems the response is failing, or as the error says, the pipe becomes broken.







      javascript express vue.js flask nuxt.js






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 6 at 21:39









      qarthandsoqarthandso

      618823




      618823






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          For anyone that finds this looking for answers, it was resolved by running the localhost through ngrok.



          It seems there were headers missing, I believe an important one being Connection: keep-alive, when serving only via localhost.






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55032578%2fsimple-file-upload-not-working-with-vue-js-flask-framework%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            For anyone that finds this looking for answers, it was resolved by running the localhost through ngrok.



            It seems there were headers missing, I believe an important one being Connection: keep-alive, when serving only via localhost.






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              For anyone that finds this looking for answers, it was resolved by running the localhost through ngrok.



              It seems there were headers missing, I believe an important one being Connection: keep-alive, when serving only via localhost.






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                For anyone that finds this looking for answers, it was resolved by running the localhost through ngrok.



                It seems there were headers missing, I believe an important one being Connection: keep-alive, when serving only via localhost.






                share|improve this answer













                For anyone that finds this looking for answers, it was resolved by running the localhost through ngrok.



                It seems there were headers missing, I believe an important one being Connection: keep-alive, when serving only via localhost.







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered 2 days ago









                qarthandsoqarthandso

                618823




                618823





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55032578%2fsimple-file-upload-not-working-with-vue-js-flask-framework%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page