How to define “if last 2 digits are not …” in Twig2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to check for null in Twig?How to get config parameters in Symfony2 Twig TemplatesHow to var_dump variables in twig templates?Twig: in_array or similar possible within if statement?How to concatenate strings in twigHow to render a DateTime object in a Twig templateDirectly access a form field's value when overriding widget in a twig templateAngularJS-Twig conflict with double curly bracesHow TWIG executes if conditionals?Twig custom ignore tag

Is it possible to clone a polymorphic object without manually adding overridden clone method into each derived class in C++?

School performs periodic password audits. Is my password compromised?

What should I do when a paper is published similar to my PhD thesis without citation?

Does the US political system, in principle, allow for a no-party system?

Is there a way to make cleveref distinguish two environments with the same counter?

Trocar background-image com delay via jQuery

Has a sovereign Communist government ever run, and conceded loss, on a fair election?

If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?

Cycles on the torus

Did Amazon pay $0 in taxes last year?

(Codewars) Linked Lists-Sorted Insert

What does the Digital Threat scope actually do?

How do I increase the number of TTY consoles?

Too soon for a plot twist?

How do we create new idioms and use them in a novel?

Is there a math expression equivalent to the conditional ternary operator?

What will happen if my luggage gets delayed?

Logistic regression BIC: what's the right N?

Factor Rings over Finite Fields

Is this Paypal Github SDK reference really a dangerous site?

"If + would" conditional in present perfect tense

Rationale to prefer local variables over instance variables?

Under what conditions can the right to remain silent be revoked in the USA?

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?



How to define “if last 2 digits are not …” in Twig



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to check for null in Twig?How to get config parameters in Symfony2 Twig TemplatesHow to var_dump variables in twig templates?Twig: in_array or similar possible within if statement?How to concatenate strings in twigHow to render a DateTime object in a Twig templateDirectly access a form field's value when overriding widget in a twig templateAngularJS-Twig conflict with double curly bracesHow TWIG executes if conditionals?Twig custom ignore tag










1















I am trying to display the word "comments" in the correct form in Russian depending on the number of comments.



% set numberOfComments = 11 %
numberOfComments % if numberOfCommentsкомментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %


But it ignores and not (numberOfComments ends with 11) and displays "комментарий" instead of "комментариев" even if the number of comments is 11/111/etc. What can I do about it?










share|improve this question






















  • I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

    – Darragh Enright
    Mar 6 at 23:14












  • I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:17











  • And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:31






  • 1





    Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

    – B. Go
    Mar 7 at 0:37












  • @COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

    – Darragh Enright
    2 days ago















1















I am trying to display the word "comments" in the correct form in Russian depending on the number of comments.



% set numberOfComments = 11 %
numberOfComments % if numberOfCommentsкомментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %


But it ignores and not (numberOfComments ends with 11) and displays "комментарий" instead of "комментариев" even if the number of comments is 11/111/etc. What can I do about it?










share|improve this question






















  • I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

    – Darragh Enright
    Mar 6 at 23:14












  • I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:17











  • And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:31






  • 1





    Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

    – B. Go
    Mar 7 at 0:37












  • @COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

    – Darragh Enright
    2 days ago













1












1








1








I am trying to display the word "comments" in the correct form in Russian depending on the number of comments.



% set numberOfComments = 11 %
numberOfComments % if numberOfCommentsкомментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %


But it ignores and not (numberOfComments ends with 11) and displays "комментарий" instead of "комментариев" even if the number of comments is 11/111/etc. What can I do about it?










share|improve this question














I am trying to display the word "comments" in the correct form in Russian depending on the number of comments.



% set numberOfComments = 11 %
numberOfComments % if numberOfCommentsкомментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %


But it ignores and not (numberOfComments ends with 11) and displays "комментарий" instead of "комментариев" even if the number of comments is 11/111/etc. What can I do about it?







twig






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 6 at 23:07









COOLakCOOLak

103111




103111












  • I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

    – Darragh Enright
    Mar 6 at 23:14












  • I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:17











  • And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:31






  • 1





    Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

    – B. Go
    Mar 7 at 0:37












  • @COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

    – Darragh Enright
    2 days ago

















  • I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

    – Darragh Enright
    Mar 6 at 23:14












  • I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:17











  • And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

    – COOLak
    Mar 6 at 23:31






  • 1





    Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

    – B. Go
    Mar 7 at 0:37












  • @COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

    – Darragh Enright
    2 days ago
















I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

– Darragh Enright
Mar 6 at 23:14






I'd be inclined to wrap this somewhat messy (and potentially reusable) logic into a Twig filter. This would allow you to define the functionality in PHP, which I think would be more straightforward.

– Darragh Enright
Mar 6 at 23:14














I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

– COOLak
Mar 6 at 23:17





I don't need to use it anywhere else though. Just in one place in one template. Just trying to understand how to tell it to go straight to the last else statement if the number ends with 11.

– COOLak
Mar 6 at 23:17













And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

– COOLak
Mar 6 at 23:31





And there are two more things: 1) By solving it, I want to understand Twig better. 2) I have no idea how to do it with a filter and don't feel inclined to spend a lot of time to learn it :D

– COOLak
Mar 6 at 23:31




1




1





Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

– B. Go
Mar 7 at 0:37






Use a regular expression ending with 11$, see craftcms.stackexchange.com/questions/228/…

– B. Go
Mar 7 at 0:37














@COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

– Darragh Enright
2 days ago





@COOLak Fair enough, but I'd consider that a secondary benefit—the primary benefit being that this type of logic is more neatly encapsulated in a filter, keeping your template clear and readable. This is merely a suggestion though.

– Darragh Enright
2 days ago












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














As was adviced in a comment, I used a regular expression. So I came up with this:



numberOfComments last == 1 and not (numberOfComments matches '11$') %комментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %



The regex 11$ selects any given string that ends with 11. are just to define the regex in Twig.



UPD: added missing logic for numbers ending in 12-14 that was missing from the question but in fact is needed.






share|improve this answer

























  • Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

    – COOLak
    Mar 7 at 1:02










Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033622%2fhow-to-define-if-last-2-digits-are-not-in-twig%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









0














As was adviced in a comment, I used a regular expression. So I came up with this:



numberOfComments last == 1 and not (numberOfComments matches '11$') %комментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %



The regex 11$ selects any given string that ends with 11. are just to define the regex in Twig.



UPD: added missing logic for numbers ending in 12-14 that was missing from the question but in fact is needed.






share|improve this answer

























  • Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

    – COOLak
    Mar 7 at 1:02















0














As was adviced in a comment, I used a regular expression. So I came up with this:



numberOfComments last == 1 and not (numberOfComments matches '11$') %комментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %



The regex 11$ selects any given string that ends with 11. are just to define the regex in Twig.



UPD: added missing logic for numbers ending in 12-14 that was missing from the question but in fact is needed.






share|improve this answer

























  • Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

    – COOLak
    Mar 7 at 1:02













0












0








0







As was adviced in a comment, I used a regular expression. So I came up with this:



numberOfComments last == 1 and not (numberOfComments matches '11$') %комментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %



The regex 11$ selects any given string that ends with 11. are just to define the regex in Twig.



UPD: added missing logic for numbers ending in 12-14 that was missing from the question but in fact is needed.






share|improve this answer















As was adviced in a comment, I used a regular expression. So I came up with this:



numberOfComments last == 1 and not (numberOfComments matches '11$') %комментарийlast > 1 and numberOfCommentsкомментария% else %комментариев% endif %



The regex 11$ selects any given string that ends with 11. are just to define the regex in Twig.



UPD: added missing logic for numbers ending in 12-14 that was missing from the question but in fact is needed.







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited 2 days ago

























answered Mar 7 at 0:54









COOLakCOOLak

103111




103111












  • Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

    – COOLak
    Mar 7 at 1:02

















  • Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

    – COOLak
    Mar 7 at 1:02
















Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

– COOLak
Mar 7 at 1:02





Turned out to be simplier than I thought. Edited.

– COOLak
Mar 7 at 1:02



















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033622%2fhow-to-define-if-last-2-digits-are-not-in-twig%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page