In a tableau dashboard, while using filter actions, how can you select the first value after another sheet level filter has been applied?2019 Community Moderator ElectionIn Tableau, how to pass values to action filters that are not in pie chart?How can we speed up initial Tableau Server Dashboard loadTableau: how can I filter dimensions/metrics on the dashboard based on the user's previous selectionFilter Results in One Worksheet Based on the Selection in Another Work Sheet in TableauTableau: How can I display the filtered value passed via an Action while drilling down to another dashboard, in the filter field?Tableau performance issue with Tabular Object ModelHow to filter dashboard based on quick filter values selected in Tableau ?dynamically updated stored procedure in Tableau?Schedule refresh Tableau desktop 10.4 and schedule refresh at a particular day/timeTableau Include Latest Revision (Publish) Date in Dashboard

Has a sovereign Communist government ever run, and conceded loss, on a fair election?

I am the person who abides by rules, but breaks the rules. Who am I?

What would be the most expensive material to an intergalactic society?

Having the player face themselves after the mid-game

Finding the minimum value of a function without using Calculus

Sampling from Gaussian mixture models, when are the sampled data independent?

"If + would" conditional in present perfect tense

Is there a way to make cleveref distinguish two environments with the same counter?

Locked Away- What am I?

(Codewars) Linked Lists-Sorted Insert

What is the purpose of a disclaimer like "this is not legal advice"?

Graphic representation of a triangle using ArrayPlot

Do black holes violate the conservation of mass?

Are small insurances worth it?

What does *dead* mean in *What do you mean, dead?*?

Professor forcing me to attend a conference, I can't afford even with 50% funding

Giving a career talk in my old university, how prominently should I tell students my salary?

Is it a Cyclops number? "Nobody" knows!

Do Paladin Auras of Differing Oaths Stack?

Is it possible to clone a polymorphic object without manually adding overridden clone method into each derived class in C++?

Are E natural minor and B harmonic minor related?

Which country has more?

Is there a logarithm base for which the logarithm becomes an identity function?

How to educate team mate to take screenshots for bugs with out unwanted stuff



In a tableau dashboard, while using filter actions, how can you select the first value after another sheet level filter has been applied?



2019 Community Moderator ElectionIn Tableau, how to pass values to action filters that are not in pie chart?How can we speed up initial Tableau Server Dashboard loadTableau: how can I filter dimensions/metrics on the dashboard based on the user's previous selectionFilter Results in One Worksheet Based on the Selection in Another Work Sheet in TableauTableau: How can I display the filtered value passed via an Action while drilling down to another dashboard, in the filter field?Tableau performance issue with Tabular Object ModelHow to filter dashboard based on quick filter values selected in Tableau ?dynamically updated stored procedure in Tableau?Schedule refresh Tableau desktop 10.4 and schedule refresh at a particular day/timeTableau Include Latest Revision (Publish) Date in Dashboard










0















  • Assume you have a tableau dashboard that has two sheets 1 and 2.

  • Sheet 1 has a filter which also appears on the dashboard. Let's say there are three options "A", "B" and "C" in the filter and there's just one record per alphabet which comes from sheet 2.

I have filter actions selected in the dashboard. So when I select "A" in the dashboard, the sheet on the dashboard gets updated. But I still need to click on "A" again to make sure the data from the other sheet gets refreshed.



Is there a way to have filter actions "self-select" the first field after a sheet filter is applied on the dashboard?



This is the filter actions I'm referring to : https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/actions_filter.htm










share|improve this question




























    0















    • Assume you have a tableau dashboard that has two sheets 1 and 2.

    • Sheet 1 has a filter which also appears on the dashboard. Let's say there are three options "A", "B" and "C" in the filter and there's just one record per alphabet which comes from sheet 2.

    I have filter actions selected in the dashboard. So when I select "A" in the dashboard, the sheet on the dashboard gets updated. But I still need to click on "A" again to make sure the data from the other sheet gets refreshed.



    Is there a way to have filter actions "self-select" the first field after a sheet filter is applied on the dashboard?



    This is the filter actions I'm referring to : https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/actions_filter.htm










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      • Assume you have a tableau dashboard that has two sheets 1 and 2.

      • Sheet 1 has a filter which also appears on the dashboard. Let's say there are three options "A", "B" and "C" in the filter and there's just one record per alphabet which comes from sheet 2.

      I have filter actions selected in the dashboard. So when I select "A" in the dashboard, the sheet on the dashboard gets updated. But I still need to click on "A" again to make sure the data from the other sheet gets refreshed.



      Is there a way to have filter actions "self-select" the first field after a sheet filter is applied on the dashboard?



      This is the filter actions I'm referring to : https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/actions_filter.htm










      share|improve this question
















      • Assume you have a tableau dashboard that has two sheets 1 and 2.

      • Sheet 1 has a filter which also appears on the dashboard. Let's say there are three options "A", "B" and "C" in the filter and there's just one record per alphabet which comes from sheet 2.

      I have filter actions selected in the dashboard. So when I select "A" in the dashboard, the sheet on the dashboard gets updated. But I still need to click on "A" again to make sure the data from the other sheet gets refreshed.



      Is there a way to have filter actions "self-select" the first field after a sheet filter is applied on the dashboard?



      This is the filter actions I'm referring to : https://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/actions_filter.htm







      filter tableau tableau-server tableau-public






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 6 at 23:25







      Achyutha Mohan

















      asked Mar 6 at 23:13









      Achyutha MohanAchyutha Mohan

      397




      397






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033672%2fin-a-tableau-dashboard-while-using-filter-actions-how-can-you-select-the-first%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55033672%2fin-a-tableau-dashboard-while-using-filter-actions-how-can-you-select-the-first%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page