Deploying docker-compose project with multiple containers to google cloud The Next CEO of Stack OverflowFrom inside of a Docker container, how do I connect to the localhost of the machine?Using Docker-Compose, how to execute multiple commandsdocker-compose nginx volumes not mountedDocker-Compose Persistent Data TroubleDocker link container as build argumentWordPress HTTPS (SSL) Permalink Configuration for NginxDocker-compose can't find .env fileLink to a specific domain to a specific port : Nginx, Docker, Google cloud ServiceDocker container killed after Ctrl +CCannot get index.php page to display in docker container

How to set page number in right side in chapter title page?

Which one is the true statement?

Help! I cannot understand this game’s notations!

Does destroying a Lich's phylactery destroy the soul within it?

What connection does MS Office have to Netscape Navigator?

In the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" video game, what potion is used to sabotage Umbridge's speakers?

Is it ever safe to open a suspicious HTML file (e.g. email attachment)?

Easy to read palindrome checker

Is there a way to save my career from absolute disaster?

From jafe to El-Guest

Getting Stale Gas Out of a Gas Tank w/out Dropping the Tank

Purpose of level-shifter with same in and out voltages

Inexact numbers as keys in Association?

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

What was Carter Burke's job for "the company" in Aliens?

free fall ellipse or parabola?

Can you teleport closer to a creature you are Frightened of?

Is it correct to say moon starry nights?

Strange use of "whether ... than ..." in official text

Redefining symbol midway through a document

Is there such a thing as a proper verb, like a proper noun?

Does higher Oxidation/ reduction potential translate to higher energy storage in battery?

How to use ReplaceAll on an expression that contains a rule

Would a grinding machine be a simple and workable propulsion system for an interplanetary spacecraft?



Deploying docker-compose project with multiple containers to google cloud



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowFrom inside of a Docker container, how do I connect to the localhost of the machine?Using Docker-Compose, how to execute multiple commandsdocker-compose nginx volumes not mountedDocker-Compose Persistent Data TroubleDocker link container as build argumentWordPress HTTPS (SSL) Permalink Configuration for NginxDocker-compose can't find .env fileLink to a specific domain to a specific port : Nginx, Docker, Google cloud ServiceDocker container killed after Ctrl +CCannot get index.php page to display in docker container










0















I want to deploy my local docker project to the google kubernetes engine (or if it's better to google vm engine - I don't know which is more suitable for this project). After deploying on kubernetes engine and exposing the pod on port 80. No wordpress site is shown.



Now I don't know if it's because of my wrong understanding of the cloudbuild.yaml? Can I build multiple containers for my pod and if, how can I connect for instance to the wordpress or mysql container?



I am using the google cloud builder for building the image from my repository (using cloudbuilder.yaml) not Dockerfile.



My docker project consists of a docker-compose.yaml which uses the following services:



  1. mariadb:latest

  2. nginx (custom build with own Dockerfile)

  3. wordpress (custom build with wordpress cli, own Dockerfile)

My docker-compose.yaml (view formatted version here)



version: '3'

services:
db:
image: mariadb:latest
container_name: mysql
volumes:
- mariadbdata:/var/lib/mysql
restart: always
environment:
- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=the_root_pass
- MYSQL_DATABASE=wordpress
- MYSQL_USER=wordpress
- MYSQL_PASSWORD=eveneasier

my-wordpress:
container_name: wordpress
depends_on:
- db
build:
context: .
dockerfile: build/wordpress/Dockerfile
restart: always
volumes:
- ./wordpress:/var/www/html
environment:
- WORDPRESS_DB_HOST=db:3306
- WORDPRESS_DB_USER=wordpress
- WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD=eveneasier
- WORDPRESS_DB_NAME=wordpress

my-nginx:
container_name: nginx
depends_on:
- my-wordpress
restart: always
volumes:
- ./nginx:/etc/nginx/conf.d
- ./logs/nginx
- ./wordpress:/var/www/html
build:
context: .
dockerfile: build/nginx/Dockerfile
ports:
- "8022:80"
- "44322:443"
volumes:
mariadbdata:
driver: local


Here is my cloudbuild.yaml



steps:
- name: 'docker/compose:1.19.0'
args: ['up', '-d']

- name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
args: ['tag', 'mariadb', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

- name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-nginx', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

- name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-wordpress', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

images: ['gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']


While writing I was wondering if maybe my nginx.conf is the problem, because it uses localhost (127.0.0.1) as host. If so, my other questions still remain.



My nginx.conf:



 server 
listen 80;
server_name 127.0.0.1;

root /var/www/html;
index index.php;

access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;

location /
try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;


location ~ .php$
try_files $uri =404;
fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
fastcgi_pass wordpress:9000;
fastcgi_index index.php;
include fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;











share|improve this question


























    0















    I want to deploy my local docker project to the google kubernetes engine (or if it's better to google vm engine - I don't know which is more suitable for this project). After deploying on kubernetes engine and exposing the pod on port 80. No wordpress site is shown.



    Now I don't know if it's because of my wrong understanding of the cloudbuild.yaml? Can I build multiple containers for my pod and if, how can I connect for instance to the wordpress or mysql container?



    I am using the google cloud builder for building the image from my repository (using cloudbuilder.yaml) not Dockerfile.



    My docker project consists of a docker-compose.yaml which uses the following services:



    1. mariadb:latest

    2. nginx (custom build with own Dockerfile)

    3. wordpress (custom build with wordpress cli, own Dockerfile)

    My docker-compose.yaml (view formatted version here)



    version: '3'

    services:
    db:
    image: mariadb:latest
    container_name: mysql
    volumes:
    - mariadbdata:/var/lib/mysql
    restart: always
    environment:
    - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=the_root_pass
    - MYSQL_DATABASE=wordpress
    - MYSQL_USER=wordpress
    - MYSQL_PASSWORD=eveneasier

    my-wordpress:
    container_name: wordpress
    depends_on:
    - db
    build:
    context: .
    dockerfile: build/wordpress/Dockerfile
    restart: always
    volumes:
    - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
    environment:
    - WORDPRESS_DB_HOST=db:3306
    - WORDPRESS_DB_USER=wordpress
    - WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD=eveneasier
    - WORDPRESS_DB_NAME=wordpress

    my-nginx:
    container_name: nginx
    depends_on:
    - my-wordpress
    restart: always
    volumes:
    - ./nginx:/etc/nginx/conf.d
    - ./logs/nginx
    - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
    build:
    context: .
    dockerfile: build/nginx/Dockerfile
    ports:
    - "8022:80"
    - "44322:443"
    volumes:
    mariadbdata:
    driver: local


    Here is my cloudbuild.yaml



    steps:
    - name: 'docker/compose:1.19.0'
    args: ['up', '-d']

    - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
    args: ['tag', 'mariadb', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

    - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
    args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-nginx', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

    - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
    args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-wordpress', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

    images: ['gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']


    While writing I was wondering if maybe my nginx.conf is the problem, because it uses localhost (127.0.0.1) as host. If so, my other questions still remain.



    My nginx.conf:



     server 
    listen 80;
    server_name 127.0.0.1;

    root /var/www/html;
    index index.php;

    access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
    error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;

    location /
    try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;


    location ~ .php$
    try_files $uri =404;
    fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
    fastcgi_pass wordpress:9000;
    fastcgi_index index.php;
    include fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
    fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;











    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I want to deploy my local docker project to the google kubernetes engine (or if it's better to google vm engine - I don't know which is more suitable for this project). After deploying on kubernetes engine and exposing the pod on port 80. No wordpress site is shown.



      Now I don't know if it's because of my wrong understanding of the cloudbuild.yaml? Can I build multiple containers for my pod and if, how can I connect for instance to the wordpress or mysql container?



      I am using the google cloud builder for building the image from my repository (using cloudbuilder.yaml) not Dockerfile.



      My docker project consists of a docker-compose.yaml which uses the following services:



      1. mariadb:latest

      2. nginx (custom build with own Dockerfile)

      3. wordpress (custom build with wordpress cli, own Dockerfile)

      My docker-compose.yaml (view formatted version here)



      version: '3'

      services:
      db:
      image: mariadb:latest
      container_name: mysql
      volumes:
      - mariadbdata:/var/lib/mysql
      restart: always
      environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=the_root_pass
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=wordpress
      - MYSQL_USER=wordpress
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=eveneasier

      my-wordpress:
      container_name: wordpress
      depends_on:
      - db
      build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: build/wordpress/Dockerfile
      restart: always
      volumes:
      - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
      environment:
      - WORDPRESS_DB_HOST=db:3306
      - WORDPRESS_DB_USER=wordpress
      - WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD=eveneasier
      - WORDPRESS_DB_NAME=wordpress

      my-nginx:
      container_name: nginx
      depends_on:
      - my-wordpress
      restart: always
      volumes:
      - ./nginx:/etc/nginx/conf.d
      - ./logs/nginx
      - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
      build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: build/nginx/Dockerfile
      ports:
      - "8022:80"
      - "44322:443"
      volumes:
      mariadbdata:
      driver: local


      Here is my cloudbuild.yaml



      steps:
      - name: 'docker/compose:1.19.0'
      args: ['up', '-d']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'mariadb', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-nginx', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-wordpress', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      images: ['gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']


      While writing I was wondering if maybe my nginx.conf is the problem, because it uses localhost (127.0.0.1) as host. If so, my other questions still remain.



      My nginx.conf:



       server 
      listen 80;
      server_name 127.0.0.1;

      root /var/www/html;
      index index.php;

      access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
      error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;

      location /
      try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;


      location ~ .php$
      try_files $uri =404;
      fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
      fastcgi_pass wordpress:9000;
      fastcgi_index index.php;
      include fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
      fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;











      share|improve this question














      I want to deploy my local docker project to the google kubernetes engine (or if it's better to google vm engine - I don't know which is more suitable for this project). After deploying on kubernetes engine and exposing the pod on port 80. No wordpress site is shown.



      Now I don't know if it's because of my wrong understanding of the cloudbuild.yaml? Can I build multiple containers for my pod and if, how can I connect for instance to the wordpress or mysql container?



      I am using the google cloud builder for building the image from my repository (using cloudbuilder.yaml) not Dockerfile.



      My docker project consists of a docker-compose.yaml which uses the following services:



      1. mariadb:latest

      2. nginx (custom build with own Dockerfile)

      3. wordpress (custom build with wordpress cli, own Dockerfile)

      My docker-compose.yaml (view formatted version here)



      version: '3'

      services:
      db:
      image: mariadb:latest
      container_name: mysql
      volumes:
      - mariadbdata:/var/lib/mysql
      restart: always
      environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=the_root_pass
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=wordpress
      - MYSQL_USER=wordpress
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=eveneasier

      my-wordpress:
      container_name: wordpress
      depends_on:
      - db
      build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: build/wordpress/Dockerfile
      restart: always
      volumes:
      - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
      environment:
      - WORDPRESS_DB_HOST=db:3306
      - WORDPRESS_DB_USER=wordpress
      - WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD=eveneasier
      - WORDPRESS_DB_NAME=wordpress

      my-nginx:
      container_name: nginx
      depends_on:
      - my-wordpress
      restart: always
      volumes:
      - ./nginx:/etc/nginx/conf.d
      - ./logs/nginx
      - ./wordpress:/var/www/html
      build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: build/nginx/Dockerfile
      ports:
      - "8022:80"
      - "44322:443"
      volumes:
      mariadbdata:
      driver: local


      Here is my cloudbuild.yaml



      steps:
      - name: 'docker/compose:1.19.0'
      args: ['up', '-d']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'mariadb', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-nginx', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      - name: 'gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker'
      args: ['tag', 'workspace_my-wordpress', 'gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']

      images: ['gcr.io/$PROJECT_ID/$REPO_NAME:$COMMIT_SHA']


      While writing I was wondering if maybe my nginx.conf is the problem, because it uses localhost (127.0.0.1) as host. If so, my other questions still remain.



      My nginx.conf:



       server 
      listen 80;
      server_name 127.0.0.1;

      root /var/www/html;
      index index.php;

      access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
      error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;

      location /
      try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$args;


      location ~ .php$
      try_files $uri =404;
      fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+.php)(/.+)$;
      fastcgi_pass wordpress:9000;
      fastcgi_index index.php;
      include fastcgi_params;
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
      fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_path_info;








      wordpress nginx docker-compose mariadb google-container-engine






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 17:13









      John JamesonJohn Jameson

      312




      312






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55067953%2fdeploying-docker-compose-project-with-multiple-containers-to-google-cloud%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55067953%2fdeploying-docker-compose-project-with-multiple-containers-to-google-cloud%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page