Check when ad starts and ends? Video.js and ima The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow to check empty/undefined/null string in JavaScript?How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?How do I check if an array includes an object in JavaScript?Setting “checked” for a checkbox with jQuery?Checking if a key exists in a JavaScript object?How to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript?How to check for “undefined” in JavaScript?How to check if an object is an array?How to decide when to use Node.js?Insert code into the page context using a content script

Help/tips for a first time writer?

What does "shotgun unity" refer to here in this sentence?

Does Germany produce more waste than the US?

Getting Stale Gas Out of a Gas Tank w/out Dropping the Tank

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

What steps are necessary to read a Modern SSD in Medieval Europe?

The Ultimate Number Sequence Puzzle

Is it ever safe to open a suspicious HTML file (e.g. email attachment)?

Can this note be analyzed as a non-chord tone?

Strange use of "whether ... than ..." in official text

Calculate the Mean mean of two numbers

Is there a way to save my career from absolute disaster?

Is it ok to trim down a tube patch?

Why did early computer designers eschew integers?

Help understanding this unsettling image of Titan, Epimetheus, and Saturn's rings?

Is fine stranded wire ok for main supply line?

From jafe to El-Guest

Expressing the idea of having a very busy time

Is French Guiana a (hard) EU border?

Purpose of level-shifter with same in and out voltages

Airplane gently rocking its wings during whole flight

What would be the main consequences for a country leaving the WTO?

Can I board the first leg of the flight without having final country's visa?

Is a distribution that is normal, but highly skewed, considered Gaussian?



Check when ad starts and ends? Video.js and ima



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow to check empty/undefined/null string in JavaScript?How do I check if an element is hidden in jQuery?How do I check if an array includes an object in JavaScript?Setting “checked” for a checkbox with jQuery?Checking if a key exists in a JavaScript object?How to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript?How to check for “undefined” in JavaScript?How to check if an object is an array?How to decide when to use Node.js?Insert code into the page context using a content script










0















Currently working on video.js with prerolls (ads) that will be inserted sometimes before main video content; however, I'm trying to find more documentation on video.js with ima. The problem is, when an ad loads up and I pause the ad, it begins playing the main video. I can't find anything that lets me know when my ad has started and when it ends as this would surely fix my problem.



I've found this solution.



// mute video before playing it
this.player.volume(0);
this.player.play();

this.player.on('adstart', function(imaAdStartEvent)
// 2. Because startFromReadyCallback() mirrors player volume, we need to override the muted ads volume on start
imaAdStartEvent.getAdsManager().setVolume(0);
);

this.player.on('adend', function()
// 3. Re-enable volume, restart video from beginning
this.player.setVolume(1);
this.player.currentTime(0);
this.player.play();
);


However, because I'm new to ima and video.js I was wondering if someone could please explain to me how this individual got ('adstart', and ('adend', as the events that are used. I'm almost positive that they're not part of the plugin and the documentation, especially for beginners, is non-existent.



Much thanks to those who take their time reading and answering my question. Thanks!










share|improve this question






















  • I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

    – Cazador Shaw
    Mar 11 at 20:37















0















Currently working on video.js with prerolls (ads) that will be inserted sometimes before main video content; however, I'm trying to find more documentation on video.js with ima. The problem is, when an ad loads up and I pause the ad, it begins playing the main video. I can't find anything that lets me know when my ad has started and when it ends as this would surely fix my problem.



I've found this solution.



// mute video before playing it
this.player.volume(0);
this.player.play();

this.player.on('adstart', function(imaAdStartEvent)
// 2. Because startFromReadyCallback() mirrors player volume, we need to override the muted ads volume on start
imaAdStartEvent.getAdsManager().setVolume(0);
);

this.player.on('adend', function()
// 3. Re-enable volume, restart video from beginning
this.player.setVolume(1);
this.player.currentTime(0);
this.player.play();
);


However, because I'm new to ima and video.js I was wondering if someone could please explain to me how this individual got ('adstart', and ('adend', as the events that are used. I'm almost positive that they're not part of the plugin and the documentation, especially for beginners, is non-existent.



Much thanks to those who take their time reading and answering my question. Thanks!










share|improve this question






















  • I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

    – Cazador Shaw
    Mar 11 at 20:37













0












0








0








Currently working on video.js with prerolls (ads) that will be inserted sometimes before main video content; however, I'm trying to find more documentation on video.js with ima. The problem is, when an ad loads up and I pause the ad, it begins playing the main video. I can't find anything that lets me know when my ad has started and when it ends as this would surely fix my problem.



I've found this solution.



// mute video before playing it
this.player.volume(0);
this.player.play();

this.player.on('adstart', function(imaAdStartEvent)
// 2. Because startFromReadyCallback() mirrors player volume, we need to override the muted ads volume on start
imaAdStartEvent.getAdsManager().setVolume(0);
);

this.player.on('adend', function()
// 3. Re-enable volume, restart video from beginning
this.player.setVolume(1);
this.player.currentTime(0);
this.player.play();
);


However, because I'm new to ima and video.js I was wondering if someone could please explain to me how this individual got ('adstart', and ('adend', as the events that are used. I'm almost positive that they're not part of the plugin and the documentation, especially for beginners, is non-existent.



Much thanks to those who take their time reading and answering my question. Thanks!










share|improve this question














Currently working on video.js with prerolls (ads) that will be inserted sometimes before main video content; however, I'm trying to find more documentation on video.js with ima. The problem is, when an ad loads up and I pause the ad, it begins playing the main video. I can't find anything that lets me know when my ad has started and when it ends as this would surely fix my problem.



I've found this solution.



// mute video before playing it
this.player.volume(0);
this.player.play();

this.player.on('adstart', function(imaAdStartEvent)
// 2. Because startFromReadyCallback() mirrors player volume, we need to override the muted ads volume on start
imaAdStartEvent.getAdsManager().setVolume(0);
);

this.player.on('adend', function()
// 3. Re-enable volume, restart video from beginning
this.player.setVolume(1);
this.player.currentTime(0);
this.player.play();
);


However, because I'm new to ima and video.js I was wondering if someone could please explain to me how this individual got ('adstart', and ('adend', as the events that are used. I'm almost positive that they're not part of the plugin and the documentation, especially for beginners, is non-existent.



Much thanks to those who take their time reading and answering my question. Thanks!







javascript video.js google-ima






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 8 at 17:31









Cazador ShawCazador Shaw

769




769












  • I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

    – Cazador Shaw
    Mar 11 at 20:37

















  • I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

    – Cazador Shaw
    Mar 11 at 20:37
















I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

– Cazador Shaw
Mar 11 at 20:37





I'm slowing figuring out this solution, it has something to do with google.ima.AdEvent.Type.ALL_ADS_COMPLETED.

– Cazador Shaw
Mar 11 at 20:37












0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068211%2fcheck-when-ad-starts-and-ends-video-js-and-ima%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068211%2fcheck-when-ad-starts-and-ends-video-js-and-ima%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page