Highlighting in SOLR with nested objects fails when i add a fq The Next CEO of Stack OverflowWhy is this simple Solr highlighting attempt failing?indexing Class objects into solrSolr indexing fails on server.request(up)Highlighting and return fields Solrsolr nested multivalued fieldsHow to Index nested json objects in solrSolrcloud performance IssueFailed to add documents to Solr (django + haystack)Solr schema with nested objectAre SOLR nested objects broken for multilevel nesting?

Film where the government was corrupt with aliens, people sent to kill aliens are given rigged visors not showing the right aliens

Does higher Oxidation/ reduction potential translate to higher energy storage in battery?

Are the names of these months realistic?

Point distance program written without a framework

Spaces in which all closed sets are regular closed

Yu-Gi-Oh cards in Python 3

Inductor and Capacitor in Parallel

Why don't programming languages automatically manage the synchronous/asynchronous problem?

Towers in the ocean; How deep can they be built?

Can I board the first leg of the flight without having final country's visa?

In the "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" video game, what potion is used to sabotage Umbridge's speakers?

TikZ: How to fill area with a special pattern?

How to use ReplaceAll on an expression that contains a rule

Man transported from Alternate World into ours by a Neutrino Detector

Is dried pee considered dirt?

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

Is fine stranded wire ok for main supply line?

Is it correct to say moon starry nights?

Calculate the Mean mean of two numbers

Aggressive Under-Indexing and no data for missing index

Do I need to write [sic] when including a quotation with a number less than 10 that isn't written out?

What difference does it make using sed with/without whitespaces?

What happened in Rome, when the western empire "fell"?

What is the difference between "hamstring tendon" and "common hamstring tendon"?



Highlighting in SOLR with nested objects fails when i add a fq



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowWhy is this simple Solr highlighting attempt failing?indexing Class objects into solrSolr indexing fails on server.request(up)Highlighting and return fields Solrsolr nested multivalued fieldsHow to Index nested json objects in solrSolrcloud performance IssueFailed to add documents to Solr (django + haystack)Solr schema with nested objectAre SOLR nested objects broken for multilevel nesting?










1















I have an object in SOLR that I want to query while highlighting the parts of the child object i require.



[Edited - More info]
It works until I add a simple fq which I only want applied to the parent object. Then data stops returning as it seems to apply the filter to the child object too.



example document with child object



[

"id": "1",
"sourceid": "1",
"isActive": true,
"contentType": "parentDocument",
"_childDocuments_": [

"id": "1_1",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Head of Operations",
"job_description": "responsibile"
,

"id": "1_2",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Boss",
"job_description": "Liaise"

]

]


This query works



http://localhost:8181/solr/people/select?
&q="Liaise"
&qf=job_description
&pf=job_description
&hl.fl=job_description
&hl.q="Liaise"


However adding on this - returns no results



&fq=isActive:true


I also tried adding &hl.q="responsible"



and some request handler details



 <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler" name="/select">
<lst name="defaults">
<str name="df">biography</str>
<str name="wt">json</str>
<str name="indent">true</str>
<str name="defType">edismax</str>
<bool name="hl">true</bool>
<bool name="stopwords">false</bool>
<bool name="lowercaseOperators">true</bool>
<bool name="sow">false</bool>
</lst>
<arr name="first-components">
<str>unicodeQuoteComponent</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>









share|improve this question
























  • What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:11











  • What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:13











  • @HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

    – Johnny
    Mar 11 at 9:46
















1















I have an object in SOLR that I want to query while highlighting the parts of the child object i require.



[Edited - More info]
It works until I add a simple fq which I only want applied to the parent object. Then data stops returning as it seems to apply the filter to the child object too.



example document with child object



[

"id": "1",
"sourceid": "1",
"isActive": true,
"contentType": "parentDocument",
"_childDocuments_": [

"id": "1_1",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Head of Operations",
"job_description": "responsibile"
,

"id": "1_2",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Boss",
"job_description": "Liaise"

]

]


This query works



http://localhost:8181/solr/people/select?
&q="Liaise"
&qf=job_description
&pf=job_description
&hl.fl=job_description
&hl.q="Liaise"


However adding on this - returns no results



&fq=isActive:true


I also tried adding &hl.q="responsible"



and some request handler details



 <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler" name="/select">
<lst name="defaults">
<str name="df">biography</str>
<str name="wt">json</str>
<str name="indent">true</str>
<str name="defType">edismax</str>
<bool name="hl">true</bool>
<bool name="stopwords">false</bool>
<bool name="lowercaseOperators">true</bool>
<bool name="sow">false</bool>
</lst>
<arr name="first-components">
<str>unicodeQuoteComponent</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>









share|improve this question
























  • What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:11











  • What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:13











  • @HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

    – Johnny
    Mar 11 at 9:46














1












1








1








I have an object in SOLR that I want to query while highlighting the parts of the child object i require.



[Edited - More info]
It works until I add a simple fq which I only want applied to the parent object. Then data stops returning as it seems to apply the filter to the child object too.



example document with child object



[

"id": "1",
"sourceid": "1",
"isActive": true,
"contentType": "parentDocument",
"_childDocuments_": [

"id": "1_1",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Head of Operations",
"job_description": "responsibile"
,

"id": "1_2",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Boss",
"job_description": "Liaise"

]

]


This query works



http://localhost:8181/solr/people/select?
&q="Liaise"
&qf=job_description
&pf=job_description
&hl.fl=job_description
&hl.q="Liaise"


However adding on this - returns no results



&fq=isActive:true


I also tried adding &hl.q="responsible"



and some request handler details



 <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler" name="/select">
<lst name="defaults">
<str name="df">biography</str>
<str name="wt">json</str>
<str name="indent">true</str>
<str name="defType">edismax</str>
<bool name="hl">true</bool>
<bool name="stopwords">false</bool>
<bool name="lowercaseOperators">true</bool>
<bool name="sow">false</bool>
</lst>
<arr name="first-components">
<str>unicodeQuoteComponent</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>









share|improve this question
















I have an object in SOLR that I want to query while highlighting the parts of the child object i require.



[Edited - More info]
It works until I add a simple fq which I only want applied to the parent object. Then data stops returning as it seems to apply the filter to the child object too.



example document with child object



[

"id": "1",
"sourceid": "1",
"isActive": true,
"contentType": "parentDocument",
"_childDocuments_": [

"id": "1_1",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Head of Operations",
"job_description": "responsibile"
,

"id": "1_2",
"contentType": "job",
"sourceid": 1,
"Title": "Boss",
"job_description": "Liaise"

]

]


This query works



http://localhost:8181/solr/people/select?
&q="Liaise"
&qf=job_description
&pf=job_description
&hl.fl=job_description
&hl.q="Liaise"


However adding on this - returns no results



&fq=isActive:true


I also tried adding &hl.q="responsible"



and some request handler details



 <requestHandler class="solr.SearchHandler" name="/select">
<lst name="defaults">
<str name="df">biography</str>
<str name="wt">json</str>
<str name="indent">true</str>
<str name="defType">edismax</str>
<bool name="hl">true</bool>
<bool name="stopwords">false</bool>
<bool name="lowercaseOperators">true</bool>
<bool name="sow">false</bool>
</lst>
<arr name="first-components">
<str>unicodeQuoteComponent</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>






indexing solr






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 15 at 9:53







Johnny

















asked Mar 8 at 17:37









JohnnyJohnny

123212




123212












  • What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:11











  • What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:13











  • @HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

    – Johnny
    Mar 11 at 9:46


















  • What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:11











  • What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

    – Hector Correa
    Mar 8 at 19:13











  • @HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

    – Johnny
    Mar 11 at 9:46

















What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

– Hector Correa
Mar 8 at 19:11





What do you mean with "returns no results"? Do you mean numFound is 0 or no highlight information is returned?

– Hector Correa
Mar 8 at 19:11













What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

– Hector Correa
Mar 8 at 19:13





What do you get if you add &debugQuery=on? I would be interested in seeing what Solr returns in the parsedquery element.

– Hector Correa
Mar 8 at 19:13













@HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

– Johnny
Mar 11 at 9:46






@HectorCorrea, yes i actually mean numFound=0. "parsedquery": "+DisjunctionMaxQuery((job_description:liaise)) ()", "parsedquery_toString": "+(job_description:liaise) ()",

– Johnny
Mar 11 at 9:46













0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068288%2fhighlighting-in-solr-with-nested-objects-fails-when-i-add-a-fq%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068288%2fhighlighting-in-solr-with-nested-objects-fails-when-i-add-a-fq%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices