Accessing fedora box localhost on android phone The Next CEO of Stack OverflowAndroid can't see devices on “.local” domainConnect Android device to web service on LaptopBonjour, Connect tv set top box through WIFI using BonjourSending broadcast packet issueNeo4j start error while network connection is enabled(Android) Is there a reliable signal to indicate that a network channel is routable?Reply with unsupported protocol when writing custom network stackis it possible to scan a LAN for localhosts?Difference between a “Connection Refused” exception and a timeout in HttpClientDiscover Nearby Smartphone Devices on Android

How to get the last not-null value in an ordered column of a huge table?

How did Beeri the Hittite come up with naming his daughter Yehudit?

Is it correct to say moon starry nights?

Can this note be analyzed as a non-chord tone?

My ex-girlfriend uses my Apple ID to login to her iPad, do I have to give her my Apple ID password to reset it?

Pulling the principal components out of a DimensionReducerFunction?

Towers in the ocean; How deep can they be built?

From jafe to El-Guest

Getting Stale Gas Out of a Gas Tank w/out Dropping the Tank

Can someone explain this formula for calculating Manhattan distance?

Aggressive Under-Indexing and no data for missing index

Why don't programming languages automatically manage the synchronous/asynchronous problem?

Help! I cannot understand this game’s notations!

Traduction de « Life is a roller coaster »

Do I need to write [sic] when including a quotation with a number less than 10 that isn't written out?

Why is the US ranked as #45 in Press Freedom ratings, despite its extremely permissive free speech laws?

Where do students learn to solve polynomial equations these days?

"Eavesdropping" vs "Listen in on"

Is there a way to save my career from absolute disaster?

What flight has the highest ratio of timezone difference to flight time?

Does the Idaho Potato Commission associate potato skins with healthy eating?

Do scriptures give a method to recognize a truly self-realized person/jivanmukta?

Is it ok to trim down a tube patch?

How do I fit a non linear curve?



Accessing fedora box localhost on android phone



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowAndroid can't see devices on “.local” domainConnect Android device to web service on LaptopBonjour, Connect tv set top box through WIFI using BonjourSending broadcast packet issueNeo4j start error while network connection is enabled(Android) Is there a reliable signal to indicate that a network channel is routable?Reply with unsupported protocol when writing custom network stackis it possible to scan a LAN for localhosts?Difference between a “Connection Refused” exception and a timeout in HttpClientDiscover Nearby Smartphone Devices on Android










0















I have very little networking experience. Using a fedora box.



I've made an api running on port 8000. I've connected both devices to the same wifi network and i'm attempting to access my fedora localhost api on my android device.



I repeatedly get "http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 is unreachable"



From my knowledge I'm having to allow this port in my fedora box firewall but it doesn't seem to be doing much.



Am I doing something wrong or missing anything out?










share|improve this question


























    0















    I have very little networking experience. Using a fedora box.



    I've made an api running on port 8000. I've connected both devices to the same wifi network and i'm attempting to access my fedora localhost api on my android device.



    I repeatedly get "http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 is unreachable"



    From my knowledge I'm having to allow this port in my fedora box firewall but it doesn't seem to be doing much.



    Am I doing something wrong or missing anything out?










    share|improve this question
























      0












      0








      0








      I have very little networking experience. Using a fedora box.



      I've made an api running on port 8000. I've connected both devices to the same wifi network and i'm attempting to access my fedora localhost api on my android device.



      I repeatedly get "http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 is unreachable"



      From my knowledge I'm having to allow this port in my fedora box firewall but it doesn't seem to be doing much.



      Am I doing something wrong or missing anything out?










      share|improve this question














      I have very little networking experience. Using a fedora box.



      I've made an api running on port 8000. I've connected both devices to the same wifi network and i'm attempting to access my fedora localhost api on my android device.



      I repeatedly get "http://192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 is unreachable"



      From my knowledge I'm having to allow this port in my fedora box firewall but it doesn't seem to be doing much.



      Am I doing something wrong or missing anything out?







      network-programming fedora fedora-28






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 17:22









      Crap_at_everythingCrap_at_everything

      115




      115






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068085%2faccessing-fedora-box-localhost-on-android-phone%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068085%2faccessing-fedora-box-localhost-on-android-phone%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page