PySpark error “SyntaxError: invalid syntax around” while trying to run a python file from command line The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow to run a script in PySparkWhat's wrong with this Python file-read test?Running gdb from command line gives Fatal Python error: Py_InitializeInvalid syntax error in Python HeartBleed scriptHow to run Python Script in PysparkGetting Error 'Exception: Java gateway process exited before sending the driver its port number' while trying to access pyspark in SPYDERPyspark: Error executing Jupyter command while running a file using spark-submitmanage.py file showing invalid syntax errorExec pyspark standalone script without spark-submitpy4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError while running a Python script with PysparkPySpark unable to find python location while running locally

Small nick on power cord from an electric alarm clock, and copper wiring exposed but intact

Expectation in a stochastic differential equation

Is it professional to write unrelated content in an almost-empty email?

what's the use of '% to gdp' type of variables?

Physiological effects of huge anime eyes

Which one is the true statement?

Expressing the idea of having a very busy time

Easy to read palindrome checker

Is there a reasonable and studied concept of reduction between regular languages?

How to Implement Deterministic Encryption Safely in .NET

Why is the US ranked as #45 in Press Freedom ratings, despite its extremely permissive free speech laws?

Do scriptures give a method to recognize a truly self-realized person/jivanmukta?

Yu-Gi-Oh cards in Python 3

Computationally populating tables with probability data

Is it ever safe to open a suspicious HTML file (e.g. email attachment)?

Is fine stranded wire ok for main supply line?

Audio Conversion With ADS1243

Is there an equivalent of cd - for cp or mv

Traduction de « Life is a roller coaster »

Is it ok to trim down a tube patch?

What happened in Rome, when the western empire "fell"?

Is there a way to save my career from absolute disaster?

0-rank tensor vs vector in 1D

My ex-girlfriend uses my Apple ID to login to her iPad, do I have to give her my Apple ID password to reset it?



PySpark error “SyntaxError: invalid syntax around” while trying to run a python file from command line



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowHow to run a script in PySparkWhat's wrong with this Python file-read test?Running gdb from command line gives Fatal Python error: Py_InitializeInvalid syntax error in Python HeartBleed scriptHow to run Python Script in PysparkGetting Error 'Exception: Java gateway process exited before sending the driver its port number' while trying to access pyspark in SPYDERPyspark: Error executing Jupyter command while running a file using spark-submitmanage.py file showing invalid syntax errorExec pyspark standalone script without spark-submitpy4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError while running a Python script with PysparkPySpark unable to find python location while running locally










-1















I am trying to run a python file with PySpark 2.3.2 (Python 3.6.5) through command line and this is the error I'm getting:



>>> spark-submit test.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
spark-submit test.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


If I do initialize pyspark and try counting some .txt file's characters it works fine.



PS.: Before initializing PySpark I did navigate to the directory where "test.py" is located.



PS.2: I have PySpark configured in IntelliJ and it works just fine if I run the same test.py file from it.



Thanks in advance.










share|improve this question






















  • did you try python test.py?

    – mauve
    Mar 8 at 17:27











  • Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

    – mad_
    Mar 8 at 17:28











  • You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

    – roganjosh
    Mar 8 at 17:31
















-1















I am trying to run a python file with PySpark 2.3.2 (Python 3.6.5) through command line and this is the error I'm getting:



>>> spark-submit test.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
spark-submit test.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


If I do initialize pyspark and try counting some .txt file's characters it works fine.



PS.: Before initializing PySpark I did navigate to the directory where "test.py" is located.



PS.2: I have PySpark configured in IntelliJ and it works just fine if I run the same test.py file from it.



Thanks in advance.










share|improve this question






















  • did you try python test.py?

    – mauve
    Mar 8 at 17:27











  • Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

    – mad_
    Mar 8 at 17:28











  • You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

    – roganjosh
    Mar 8 at 17:31














-1












-1








-1








I am trying to run a python file with PySpark 2.3.2 (Python 3.6.5) through command line and this is the error I'm getting:



>>> spark-submit test.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
spark-submit test.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


If I do initialize pyspark and try counting some .txt file's characters it works fine.



PS.: Before initializing PySpark I did navigate to the directory where "test.py" is located.



PS.2: I have PySpark configured in IntelliJ and it works just fine if I run the same test.py file from it.



Thanks in advance.










share|improve this question














I am trying to run a python file with PySpark 2.3.2 (Python 3.6.5) through command line and this is the error I'm getting:



>>> spark-submit test.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
spark-submit test.py
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax


If I do initialize pyspark and try counting some .txt file's characters it works fine.



PS.: Before initializing PySpark I did navigate to the directory where "test.py" is located.



PS.2: I have PySpark configured in IntelliJ and it works just fine if I run the same test.py file from it.



Thanks in advance.







python pyspark syntax-error spark-submit






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 8 at 17:23









Spencer ChedidSpencer Chedid

42




42












  • did you try python test.py?

    – mauve
    Mar 8 at 17:27











  • Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

    – mad_
    Mar 8 at 17:28











  • You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

    – roganjosh
    Mar 8 at 17:31


















  • did you try python test.py?

    – mauve
    Mar 8 at 17:27











  • Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

    – mad_
    Mar 8 at 17:28











  • You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

    – roganjosh
    Mar 8 at 17:31

















did you try python test.py?

– mauve
Mar 8 at 17:27





did you try python test.py?

– mauve
Mar 8 at 17:27













Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

– mad_
Mar 8 at 17:28





Possible duplicate of How to run a script in PySpark

– mad_
Mar 8 at 17:28













You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

– roganjosh
Mar 8 at 17:31






You're trying to run the script inside a python shell... exit() the python shell and then run it.

– roganjosh
Mar 8 at 17:31













0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068101%2fpyspark-error-syntaxerror-invalid-syntax-around-while-trying-to-run-a-python%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55068101%2fpyspark-error-syntaxerror-invalid-syntax-around-while-trying-to-run-a-python%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page