Azure Service Fabric REST API - how to copy application package to image store?2019 Community Moderator ElectionAPI gateway/proxy pattern for microservices deployed using Azure Service FabricHow to configure SSL on a self hosted Web API in Azure Service FabricHow can I dynamically discover services hosted in service fabric from API management?How To migrate windows service in Azure service fabricService Fabric Application PackageDeployment Operation Time Out exceptionGet the service methods using Service Fabric Client APIsCopying DotNet Core Application to image store in Service Fabric is taking a long timeHow to replicate Azure Service Fabric ClustersAzure Service Fabric - Deleting old versions of applications to reclaim disk spaceAzure Service Fabric Deployment through VS 2017 publish stuck with status Copying application to image store

Is it possible to upcast ritual spells?

What approach do we need to follow for projects without a test environment?

Why doesn't the EU now just force the UK to choose between referendum and no-deal?

If curse and magic is two sides of the same coin, why the former is forbidden?

How can you use ICE tables to solve multiple coupled equilibria?

Could the Saturn V actually have launched astronauts around Venus?

Official degrees of earth’s rotation per day

Gravity magic - How does it work?

Time travel from stationary position?

In a future war, an old lady is trying to raise a boy but one of the weapons has made everyone deaf

Do I need to be arrogant to get ahead?

How to simplify this time periods definition interface?

Charles Hockett - 'F' article?

How to create the Curved texte?

how to write formula in word in latex

A link redirect to http instead of https: how critical is it?

Is a party consisting of only a bard, a cleric, and a warlock functional long-term?

Is it true that good novels will automatically sell themselves on Amazon (and so on) and there is no need for one to waste time promoting?

Do I need life insurance if I can cover my own funeral costs?

How to read the value of this capacitor?

Who is flying the vertibirds?

What are substitutions for coconut in curry?

Declaring defaulted assignment operator as constexpr: which compiler is right?

How big is a MODIS 250m pixel in reality?



Azure Service Fabric REST API - how to copy application package to image store?



2019 Community Moderator ElectionAPI gateway/proxy pattern for microservices deployed using Azure Service FabricHow to configure SSL on a self hosted Web API in Azure Service FabricHow can I dynamically discover services hosted in service fabric from API management?How To migrate windows service in Azure service fabricService Fabric Application PackageDeployment Operation Time Out exceptionGet the service methods using Service Fabric Client APIsCopying DotNet Core Application to image store in Service Fabric is taking a long timeHow to replicate Azure Service Fabric ClustersAzure Service Fabric - Deleting old versions of applications to reclaim disk spaceAzure Service Fabric Deployment through VS 2017 publish stuck with status Copying application to image store










0















I am looking for Service Fabric REST API method for copying an application package to the image store of a service fabric cluster. That is, method similar to Power Shell cmdlet Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage and Service Fabric Client .NET API method FabricClient.ApplicationManagementClient.CopyApplicationPackage.



I can't find such a method from Service Fabric Client REST API Reference.



How similar operation should be done using Service Fabric REST API methods?










share|improve this question




























    0















    I am looking for Service Fabric REST API method for copying an application package to the image store of a service fabric cluster. That is, method similar to Power Shell cmdlet Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage and Service Fabric Client .NET API method FabricClient.ApplicationManagementClient.CopyApplicationPackage.



    I can't find such a method from Service Fabric Client REST API Reference.



    How similar operation should be done using Service Fabric REST API methods?










    share|improve this question


























      0












      0








      0








      I am looking for Service Fabric REST API method for copying an application package to the image store of a service fabric cluster. That is, method similar to Power Shell cmdlet Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage and Service Fabric Client .NET API method FabricClient.ApplicationManagementClient.CopyApplicationPackage.



      I can't find such a method from Service Fabric Client REST API Reference.



      How similar operation should be done using Service Fabric REST API methods?










      share|improve this question
















      I am looking for Service Fabric REST API method for copying an application package to the image store of a service fabric cluster. That is, method similar to Power Shell cmdlet Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage and Service Fabric Client .NET API method FabricClient.ApplicationManagementClient.CopyApplicationPackage.



      I can't find such a method from Service Fabric Client REST API Reference.



      How similar operation should be done using Service Fabric REST API methods?







      azure-service-fabric






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 7 at 14:05







      potsi

















      asked Mar 7 at 13:41









      potsipotsi

      657




      657






















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          1














          AFAIK both CopyApplicationPackage and Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage use ImageStore API under the hood, so I think ImageStore REST API is what you are looking for.






          share|improve this answer























          • Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

            – potsi
            Mar 12 at 9:58



















          1














          I managed to copy the manifest files using ImageStore REST API method Upload File. In this case only the manifest files are uploaded as they define Azure Container Registry location where container packages are stored. After manifest files were loaded to ImageStore, I succeeded to Provision Application Type to Service Fabric Cluster.



          Details that caused me some head-ache:



          1. Upload File: manifest files were uploaded to image store into a folder with subfolders. An empty file '_.dir' needed to be uploaded into each folder; this is a mark file used by image store service internally to indicate the availability of the linked folder. See API reference and GitHub discussion 'Provisioning application type throws exception'.

          2. Image Store contents can be checked with REST API method Get Image Store Content. Anyhow, the uploaded files are not visible via this method until application type is provisioned.

          3. If you Provision Application Type using 'ImageStorePath' option, the value given to body parameter ApplicationTypeBuildPath is relative to 'fabric:ImageStore'. I spent some quality time using 'fabric:ImageStore/MyAppType' until I realized to fix this to 'MyAppType'.





          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045254%2fazure-service-fabric-rest-api-how-to-copy-application-package-to-image-store%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes








            2 Answers
            2






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            1














            AFAIK both CopyApplicationPackage and Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage use ImageStore API under the hood, so I think ImageStore REST API is what you are looking for.






            share|improve this answer























            • Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

              – potsi
              Mar 12 at 9:58
















            1














            AFAIK both CopyApplicationPackage and Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage use ImageStore API under the hood, so I think ImageStore REST API is what you are looking for.






            share|improve this answer























            • Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

              – potsi
              Mar 12 at 9:58














            1












            1








            1







            AFAIK both CopyApplicationPackage and Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage use ImageStore API under the hood, so I think ImageStore REST API is what you are looking for.






            share|improve this answer













            AFAIK both CopyApplicationPackage and Copy-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage use ImageStore API under the hood, so I think ImageStore REST API is what you are looking for.







            share|improve this answer












            share|improve this answer



            share|improve this answer










            answered Mar 7 at 14:01









            Oleg KarasikOleg Karasik

            628111




            628111












            • Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

              – potsi
              Mar 12 at 9:58


















            • Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

              – potsi
              Mar 12 at 9:58

















            Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

            – potsi
            Mar 12 at 9:58






            Yep, this is the case. More details in separate answer.

            – potsi
            Mar 12 at 9:58














            1














            I managed to copy the manifest files using ImageStore REST API method Upload File. In this case only the manifest files are uploaded as they define Azure Container Registry location where container packages are stored. After manifest files were loaded to ImageStore, I succeeded to Provision Application Type to Service Fabric Cluster.



            Details that caused me some head-ache:



            1. Upload File: manifest files were uploaded to image store into a folder with subfolders. An empty file '_.dir' needed to be uploaded into each folder; this is a mark file used by image store service internally to indicate the availability of the linked folder. See API reference and GitHub discussion 'Provisioning application type throws exception'.

            2. Image Store contents can be checked with REST API method Get Image Store Content. Anyhow, the uploaded files are not visible via this method until application type is provisioned.

            3. If you Provision Application Type using 'ImageStorePath' option, the value given to body parameter ApplicationTypeBuildPath is relative to 'fabric:ImageStore'. I spent some quality time using 'fabric:ImageStore/MyAppType' until I realized to fix this to 'MyAppType'.





            share|improve this answer



























              1














              I managed to copy the manifest files using ImageStore REST API method Upload File. In this case only the manifest files are uploaded as they define Azure Container Registry location where container packages are stored. After manifest files were loaded to ImageStore, I succeeded to Provision Application Type to Service Fabric Cluster.



              Details that caused me some head-ache:



              1. Upload File: manifest files were uploaded to image store into a folder with subfolders. An empty file '_.dir' needed to be uploaded into each folder; this is a mark file used by image store service internally to indicate the availability of the linked folder. See API reference and GitHub discussion 'Provisioning application type throws exception'.

              2. Image Store contents can be checked with REST API method Get Image Store Content. Anyhow, the uploaded files are not visible via this method until application type is provisioned.

              3. If you Provision Application Type using 'ImageStorePath' option, the value given to body parameter ApplicationTypeBuildPath is relative to 'fabric:ImageStore'. I spent some quality time using 'fabric:ImageStore/MyAppType' until I realized to fix this to 'MyAppType'.





              share|improve this answer

























                1












                1








                1







                I managed to copy the manifest files using ImageStore REST API method Upload File. In this case only the manifest files are uploaded as they define Azure Container Registry location where container packages are stored. After manifest files were loaded to ImageStore, I succeeded to Provision Application Type to Service Fabric Cluster.



                Details that caused me some head-ache:



                1. Upload File: manifest files were uploaded to image store into a folder with subfolders. An empty file '_.dir' needed to be uploaded into each folder; this is a mark file used by image store service internally to indicate the availability of the linked folder. See API reference and GitHub discussion 'Provisioning application type throws exception'.

                2. Image Store contents can be checked with REST API method Get Image Store Content. Anyhow, the uploaded files are not visible via this method until application type is provisioned.

                3. If you Provision Application Type using 'ImageStorePath' option, the value given to body parameter ApplicationTypeBuildPath is relative to 'fabric:ImageStore'. I spent some quality time using 'fabric:ImageStore/MyAppType' until I realized to fix this to 'MyAppType'.





                share|improve this answer













                I managed to copy the manifest files using ImageStore REST API method Upload File. In this case only the manifest files are uploaded as they define Azure Container Registry location where container packages are stored. After manifest files were loaded to ImageStore, I succeeded to Provision Application Type to Service Fabric Cluster.



                Details that caused me some head-ache:



                1. Upload File: manifest files were uploaded to image store into a folder with subfolders. An empty file '_.dir' needed to be uploaded into each folder; this is a mark file used by image store service internally to indicate the availability of the linked folder. See API reference and GitHub discussion 'Provisioning application type throws exception'.

                2. Image Store contents can be checked with REST API method Get Image Store Content. Anyhow, the uploaded files are not visible via this method until application type is provisioned.

                3. If you Provision Application Type using 'ImageStorePath' option, the value given to body parameter ApplicationTypeBuildPath is relative to 'fabric:ImageStore'. I spent some quality time using 'fabric:ImageStore/MyAppType' until I realized to fix this to 'MyAppType'.






                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 12 at 10:31









                potsipotsi

                657




                657



























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045254%2fazure-service-fabric-rest-api-how-to-copy-application-package-to-image-store%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices