How delete targeting criterion with twurl?2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to send a header using a HTTP request through a curl call?How do I get a YouTube video thumbnail from the YouTube API?How to send direct messages from an application's screen_name via OAuth (Twitter)How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Twitter search api 1.1 and PHP CURL: Could not authenticate youTwitter oauth invalid oauth_verifier parameterTwitter API request_tokenHow to register a webhook url in Twitter?Twitter Insights API with PostmanTwitter api 1.1 responding could not authenticate you on retweet Post api

My Graph Theory Students

Gravity magic - How does it work?

In a future war, an old lady is trying to raise a boy but one of the weapons has made everyone deaf

How big is a MODIS 250m pixel in reality?

Life insurance that covers only simultaneous/dual deaths

Why doesn't the EU now just force the UK to choose between referendum and no-deal?

compactness of a set where am I going wrong

My adviser wants to be the first author

Recruiter wants very extensive technical details about all of my previous work

Why do Australian milk farmers need to protest supermarkets' milk price?

What is the domain in a tikz parametric plot?

What do Xenomorphs eat in the Alien series?

Do the common programs (for example: "ls", "cat") in Linux and BSD come from the same source code?

Why would a flight no longer considered airworthy be redirected like this?

Professor being mistaken for a grad student

A link redirect to http instead of https: how critical is it?

Why is the President allowed to veto a cancellation of emergency powers?

Why do passenger jet manufacturers design their planes with stall prevention systems?

Official degrees of earth’s rotation per day

Is it possible to upcast ritual spells?

Does someone need to be connected to my network to sniff HTTP requests?

Do these spellcasting foci from Xanathar's Guide to Everything have to be held in a hand?

How can I track script which gives me "command not found" right after the login?

Opacity of an object in 2.8



How delete targeting criterion with twurl?



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to send a header using a HTTP request through a curl call?How do I get a YouTube video thumbnail from the YouTube API?How to send direct messages from an application's screen_name via OAuth (Twitter)How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Twitter search api 1.1 and PHP CURL: Could not authenticate youTwitter oauth invalid oauth_verifier parameterTwitter API request_tokenHow to register a webhook url in Twitter?Twitter Insights API with PostmanTwitter api 1.1 responding could not authenticate you on retweet Post api










0















I am trying to use twurl to experiment with the Twitter ads API. I can do GETs pretty well, but trying to POST I am having issues. A simple example is deleteing a targeting_criterion:



twurl -H "https://ads-api.twitter.com" -X POST "/5/batch/accounts/XXXX/targeting_criteria" -d ‘["operation_type":"Delete","params":"targeting_criterion_id":"m08op5"]’ 


The response is:



"errors":["code":"UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS","message":"This request is not properly authenticated"],"request":"params":


I get the same if I use -r instead of -d. But using the same credentials I am able to programatically delete via HTTP. I suspect the error response is masking some other goof I am making.



Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx!










share|improve this question






















  • Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

    – osowskit
    Mar 7 at 19:12
















0















I am trying to use twurl to experiment with the Twitter ads API. I can do GETs pretty well, but trying to POST I am having issues. A simple example is deleteing a targeting_criterion:



twurl -H "https://ads-api.twitter.com" -X POST "/5/batch/accounts/XXXX/targeting_criteria" -d ‘["operation_type":"Delete","params":"targeting_criterion_id":"m08op5"]’ 


The response is:



"errors":["code":"UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS","message":"This request is not properly authenticated"],"request":"params":


I get the same if I use -r instead of -d. But using the same credentials I am able to programatically delete via HTTP. I suspect the error response is masking some other goof I am making.



Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx!










share|improve this question






















  • Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

    – osowskit
    Mar 7 at 19:12














0












0








0


1






I am trying to use twurl to experiment with the Twitter ads API. I can do GETs pretty well, but trying to POST I am having issues. A simple example is deleteing a targeting_criterion:



twurl -H "https://ads-api.twitter.com" -X POST "/5/batch/accounts/XXXX/targeting_criteria" -d ‘["operation_type":"Delete","params":"targeting_criterion_id":"m08op5"]’ 


The response is:



"errors":["code":"UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS","message":"This request is not properly authenticated"],"request":"params":


I get the same if I use -r instead of -d. But using the same credentials I am able to programatically delete via HTTP. I suspect the error response is masking some other goof I am making.



Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx!










share|improve this question














I am trying to use twurl to experiment with the Twitter ads API. I can do GETs pretty well, but trying to POST I am having issues. A simple example is deleteing a targeting_criterion:



twurl -H "https://ads-api.twitter.com" -X POST "/5/batch/accounts/XXXX/targeting_criteria" -d ‘["operation_type":"Delete","params":"targeting_criterion_id":"m08op5"]’ 


The response is:



"errors":["code":"UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS","message":"This request is not properly authenticated"],"request":"params":


I get the same if I use -r instead of -d. But using the same credentials I am able to programatically delete via HTTP. I suspect the error response is masking some other goof I am making.



Thoughts? Suggestions? Thx!







curl twitter






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 13:52









kennytiltonkennytilton

692516




692516












  • Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

    – osowskit
    Mar 7 at 19:12


















  • Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

    – osowskit
    Mar 7 at 19:12

















Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

– osowskit
Mar 7 at 19:12






Executing the above request with account/XXXXX in the path does correctly result in a proper Authentication error. I suspect the code was encountering 415 Unsupported Media Type, correct? If so, I agree with the answer below

– osowskit
Mar 7 at 19:12













1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















2














Did you try adding "Content-Type" request header by setting below option for twurl?:



-A "Content-Type: application/json"



It is required (See the documentation):




All parameters are sent in the request body and a Content-Type of application/json is required.




FYI, we also have a Developer Forum site where you can ask these kinds of questions by having appropriate categories. In this case, it's under the Advertiser Tools and APIs
category.






share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045421%2fhow-delete-targeting-criterion-with-twurl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    2














    Did you try adding "Content-Type" request header by setting below option for twurl?:



    -A "Content-Type: application/json"



    It is required (See the documentation):




    All parameters are sent in the request body and a Content-Type of application/json is required.




    FYI, we also have a Developer Forum site where you can ask these kinds of questions by having appropriate categories. In this case, it's under the Advertiser Tools and APIs
    category.






    share|improve this answer



























      2














      Did you try adding "Content-Type" request header by setting below option for twurl?:



      -A "Content-Type: application/json"



      It is required (See the documentation):




      All parameters are sent in the request body and a Content-Type of application/json is required.




      FYI, we also have a Developer Forum site where you can ask these kinds of questions by having appropriate categories. In this case, it's under the Advertiser Tools and APIs
      category.






      share|improve this answer

























        2












        2








        2







        Did you try adding "Content-Type" request header by setting below option for twurl?:



        -A "Content-Type: application/json"



        It is required (See the documentation):




        All parameters are sent in the request body and a Content-Type of application/json is required.




        FYI, we also have a Developer Forum site where you can ask these kinds of questions by having appropriate categories. In this case, it's under the Advertiser Tools and APIs
        category.






        share|improve this answer













        Did you try adding "Content-Type" request header by setting below option for twurl?:



        -A "Content-Type: application/json"



        It is required (See the documentation):




        All parameters are sent in the request body and a Content-Type of application/json is required.




        FYI, we also have a Developer Forum site where you can ask these kinds of questions by having appropriate categories. In this case, it's under the Advertiser Tools and APIs
        category.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 7 at 18:23









        ShoheiShohei

        361




        361





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045421%2fhow-delete-targeting-criterion-with-twurl%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices