Unable to set cookie in page object commandnightwatch selenium command “elements” returns error about first parameter, even when I pass in a css selector or xpath expressionAccess Scope of elements in page object modelNightwatchJS - Response from elements command with chromedriver standalonenightwatch - alter page object elementsNightwatch: Using of custom commands inside page objectsswitch between page object api and main nightwatch apiNightwatch.js - Can I have multiple folders for Custom Commands?NightwatchJS: Custom Command not failing on errorNightwtch.js v1.0.18 prevent throwing errors on component not found and .validate prevent test failHow to run multiple chai assertion in Nightwatch.js using page object?

Alternative to sending password over mail?

Am I breaking OOP practice with this architecture?

What about the virus in 12 Monkeys?

Im going to France and my passport expires June 19th

Why are the 737's rear doors unusable in a water landing?

How do I know where to place holes on an instrument?

What is the most common color to indicate the input-field is disabled?

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Is it acceptable for a professor to tell male students to not think that they are smarter than female students?

One verb to replace 'be a member of' a club

How do I handle a potential work/personal life conflict as the manager of one of my friends?

What reasons are there for a Capitalist to oppose a 100% inheritance tax?

Why is this clock signal connected to a capacitor to gnd?

Can we compute the area of a quadrilateral with one right angle when we only know the lengths of any three sides?

Bullying boss launched a smear campaign and made me unemployable

Are there any examples of a variable being normally distributed that is *not* due to the Central Limit Theorem?

Venezuelan girlfriend wants to travel the USA to be with me. What is the process?

Avoiding the "not like other girls" trope?

How can saying a song's name be a copyright violation?

Should I tell management that I intend to leave due to bad software development practices?

Why is consensus so controversial in Britain?

How did the Super Star Destroyer Executor get destroyed exactly?

Little known, relatively unlikely, but scientifically plausible, apocalyptic (or near apocalyptic) events

Examples of smooth manifolds admitting inbetween one and a continuum of complex structures



Unable to set cookie in page object command


nightwatch selenium command “elements” returns error about first parameter, even when I pass in a css selector or xpath expressionAccess Scope of elements in page object modelNightwatchJS - Response from elements command with chromedriver standalonenightwatch - alter page object elementsNightwatch: Using of custom commands inside page objectsswitch between page object api and main nightwatch apiNightwatch.js - Can I have multiple folders for Custom Commands?NightwatchJS: Custom Command not failing on errorNightwtch.js v1.0.18 prevent throwing errors on component not found and .validate prevent test failHow to run multiple chai assertion in Nightwatch.js using page object?













1















I'm trying to set a cookie in a page object command, but it fails.



Here is the page object command:



setThingTypeCookie: function()
return this.api.setCookie(
name : "thingType",
value : "I am a thingType ID"
)
.pause(1);
,



When running the test, I receive the following error:



Error while running .setCookieString() protocol action: unable to set cookie



Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong?



Thanks!



Butch










share|improve this question


























    1















    I'm trying to set a cookie in a page object command, but it fails.



    Here is the page object command:



    setThingTypeCookie: function()
    return this.api.setCookie(
    name : "thingType",
    value : "I am a thingType ID"
    )
    .pause(1);
    ,



    When running the test, I receive the following error:



    Error while running .setCookieString() protocol action: unable to set cookie



    Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong?



    Thanks!



    Butch










    share|improve this question
























      1












      1








      1








      I'm trying to set a cookie in a page object command, but it fails.



      Here is the page object command:



      setThingTypeCookie: function()
      return this.api.setCookie(
      name : "thingType",
      value : "I am a thingType ID"
      )
      .pause(1);
      ,



      When running the test, I receive the following error:



      Error while running .setCookieString() protocol action: unable to set cookie



      Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong?



      Thanks!



      Butch










      share|improve this question














      I'm trying to set a cookie in a page object command, but it fails.



      Here is the page object command:



      setThingTypeCookie: function()
      return this.api.setCookie(
      name : "thingType",
      value : "I am a thingType ID"
      )
      .pause(1);
      ,



      When running the test, I receive the following error:



      Error while running .setCookieString() protocol action: unable to set cookie



      Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong?



      Thanks!



      Butch







      nightwatch.js






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 8 at 22:45









      Butch AntonButch Anton

      62




      62






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072029%2funable-to-set-cookie-in-page-object-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















          draft saved

          draft discarded
















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid …


          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55072029%2funable-to-set-cookie-in-page-object-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

          How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

          Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices