HTML Web page that executes powershell scriptsHow do you disable browser Autocomplete on web form field / input tag?What are valid values for the id attribute in HTML?Where should I put <script> tags in HTML markup?How do I modify the URL without reloading the page?Determine installed PowerShell versionHTML 5: Is it <br>, <br/>, or <br />?How to run a PowerShell scriptPowerShell says “execution of scripts is disabled on this system.”Redirect from an HTML pageWhy does HTML think “chucknorris” is a color?

I would say: "You are another teacher", but she is a woman and I am a man

Watching something be piped to a file live with tail

How can I determine if the org that I'm currently connected to is a scratch org?

Examples of smooth manifolds admitting inbetween one and a continuum of complex structures

CAST throwing error when run in stored procedure but not when run as raw query

Should I cover my bicycle overnight while bikepacking?

How could indestructible materials be used in power generation?

Why can't we play rap on piano?

Can a virus destroy the BIOS of a modern computer?

Why are the 737's rear doors unusable in a water landing?

What do you call someone who asks many questions?

Do UK voters know if their MP will be the Speaker of the House?

Reverse dictionary where values are lists

Personal Teleportation: From Rags to Riches

Expand and Contract

Why is consensus so controversial in Britain?

How dangerous is XSS?

What reasons are there for a Capitalist to oppose a 100% inheritance tax?

Alternative to sending password over mail?

Unlock My Phone! February 2018

Are there any examples of a variable being normally distributed that is *not* due to the Central Limit Theorem?

Mathematica command that allows it to read my intentions

Could the museum Saturn V's be refitted for one more flight?

Why doesn't using multiple commands with a || or && conditional work?



HTML Web page that executes powershell scripts


How do you disable browser Autocomplete on web form field / input tag?What are valid values for the id attribute in HTML?Where should I put <script> tags in HTML markup?How do I modify the URL without reloading the page?Determine installed PowerShell versionHTML 5: Is it <br>, <br/>, or <br />?How to run a PowerShell scriptPowerShell says “execution of scripts is disabled on this system.”Redirect from an HTML pageWhy does HTML think “chucknorris” is a color?













0















I am very new to web development as well as system administration. I am trying to create a web-based workstation management tool. From a list of 100+ workstations I'd like to be able to select all or any workstations and be able to:



  • toggle auto-logon

  • reboot

  • shutdown

as well as being able to add, edit, and delete workstations. One idea I have thought of to do this is creating an HTML web page that is driven by a SQL server database. Then, embed PowerShell scripts into HTML to automate desired processes. I am not worried about the first part (creating a database-drive web page). I am also not too concerned with implementing the correct PS scripts for the functionality I need it to perform. However, there is a lot of missing knowledge related to adding PowerShell to my HTML GUI. Any recommendations as to the best way to do this? I have explored some options, such as PoSH Server and PowerShell Server, but would like to know if anyone has another idea.



Thanks!










share|improve this question






















  • You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

    – Kai
    Mar 8 at 23:30











  • @Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

    – Enoch Chan
    Mar 11 at 18:02
















0















I am very new to web development as well as system administration. I am trying to create a web-based workstation management tool. From a list of 100+ workstations I'd like to be able to select all or any workstations and be able to:



  • toggle auto-logon

  • reboot

  • shutdown

as well as being able to add, edit, and delete workstations. One idea I have thought of to do this is creating an HTML web page that is driven by a SQL server database. Then, embed PowerShell scripts into HTML to automate desired processes. I am not worried about the first part (creating a database-drive web page). I am also not too concerned with implementing the correct PS scripts for the functionality I need it to perform. However, there is a lot of missing knowledge related to adding PowerShell to my HTML GUI. Any recommendations as to the best way to do this? I have explored some options, such as PoSH Server and PowerShell Server, but would like to know if anyone has another idea.



Thanks!










share|improve this question






















  • You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

    – Kai
    Mar 8 at 23:30











  • @Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

    – Enoch Chan
    Mar 11 at 18:02














0












0








0








I am very new to web development as well as system administration. I am trying to create a web-based workstation management tool. From a list of 100+ workstations I'd like to be able to select all or any workstations and be able to:



  • toggle auto-logon

  • reboot

  • shutdown

as well as being able to add, edit, and delete workstations. One idea I have thought of to do this is creating an HTML web page that is driven by a SQL server database. Then, embed PowerShell scripts into HTML to automate desired processes. I am not worried about the first part (creating a database-drive web page). I am also not too concerned with implementing the correct PS scripts for the functionality I need it to perform. However, there is a lot of missing knowledge related to adding PowerShell to my HTML GUI. Any recommendations as to the best way to do this? I have explored some options, such as PoSH Server and PowerShell Server, but would like to know if anyone has another idea.



Thanks!










share|improve this question














I am very new to web development as well as system administration. I am trying to create a web-based workstation management tool. From a list of 100+ workstations I'd like to be able to select all or any workstations and be able to:



  • toggle auto-logon

  • reboot

  • shutdown

as well as being able to add, edit, and delete workstations. One idea I have thought of to do this is creating an HTML web page that is driven by a SQL server database. Then, embed PowerShell scripts into HTML to automate desired processes. I am not worried about the first part (creating a database-drive web page). I am also not too concerned with implementing the correct PS scripts for the functionality I need it to perform. However, there is a lot of missing knowledge related to adding PowerShell to my HTML GUI. Any recommendations as to the best way to do this? I have explored some options, such as PoSH Server and PowerShell Server, but would like to know if anyone has another idea.



Thanks!







html powershell






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 8 at 22:40









Enoch ChanEnoch Chan

1




1












  • You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

    – Kai
    Mar 8 at 23:30











  • @Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

    – Enoch Chan
    Mar 11 at 18:02


















  • You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

    – Kai
    Mar 8 at 23:30











  • @Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

    – Enoch Chan
    Mar 11 at 18:02

















You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

– Kai
Mar 8 at 23:30





You'll need to write a small server application to execute your shell scripts when requests are made to it. You can't directly embed this code in your page

– Kai
Mar 8 at 23:30













@Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

– Enoch Chan
Mar 11 at 18:02






@Kai got it, will start researching server applications. Thanks!

– Enoch Chan
Mar 11 at 18:02













0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55071985%2fhtml-web-page-that-executes-powershell-scripts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55071985%2fhtml-web-page-that-executes-powershell-scripts%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices