The Ballad of G.I. Joe Contents Plot Cast Reception References External links Navigation menu"Big Stars Break Out in Song for The Ballad of GI Joe:...""Henry Rollins As Duke, Alan Tudyk As Shipwreck: The Ballad Of G.I. Joe Rocks"The Ballad of G.I. JoeOfficial websitee

General Joseph ColtonAceAirborneAirtightAlpineBarbecueBazookaBeach HeadBlowtorchBreakerChucklesClaymoreClutchCover GirlCrankcaseCrazylegsCross-CountryCutterDeep SixDial-ToneDocDukeDustyFalconFlashFlintFootlooseFrostbiteGeneral FlaggGrand SlamGruntGung-HoHawkHeavy DutyHeavy MetalIcebergJinxKamakuraBilly KesslerLady JayeLaw & OrderLeatherneckLifelineLift-TicketLong RangeLow-LightMainframeMercerMuttOutbackPsyche-OutQuick KickRecondoRip CordRoadblockRock 'n RollScarlettSci-FiSgt. SlaughterShipwreckShockwaveShort-FuzeSlip StreamSnake EyesSnow JobSpiritStalkerSteelerStoneThunderTorpedoTripwireTunnel RatWet SuitWild BillZapBattleforce 2000Ninja ForceStar BrigadeGreenshirtsCobra CommanderDestroSerpentorBaronessCopperheadCroc MasterDoctor MindbenderDoctor VenomFireflyFred VIIMajor BluddOverkillScrap-IronSliceStorm ShadowTomax and XamotWild WeaselDreadnoksZartanZandarZaranaBuzzerGnawgahydeMonkeywrenchRipperRoad PigThrasherTorchZanzibarIron GrenadiersMetal-HeadVoltarB.A.T.sCrimson GuardNight CreepersPython PatrolRed StarAmerica's Movable Fighting ManAdventure TeamA Real American HeroHall of FameSgt. Savage and his Screaming EaglesClassic CollectionMasterpiece EditionExtremeTimeless CollectionG.I. Joe vs. CobraSigma 625th AnniversaryA.W.E. StrikerDefiantRattlerThunder MachineUSS FlaggV.A.M.P.Marvel Comics seriesG.I. Joe and the TransformersDevil's Due seriesG.I. Joe: America's EliteWorld War IIIIDW Publishing seriesG.I. Joe: CobraInfestationInfestation 2RevolutionFirst StrikeSunbow seriesepisodesDiC seriesepisodesExtremeepisodesSigma 6ResoluteRenegadescharactersG.I. Joe: The MovieSpy TroopsValor vs. VenomNinja BattlesThe Rise of CobraRetaliationCobra StrikesA Real American HeroAction ForceG.I. Joe NES video gameThe Atlantis FactorG.I. Joe arcade gameThe Rise of CobraG.I. Joe TeamCobra-LaCobra CommandDreadnoksIron GrenadiersOktober GuardRed ShadowsCharactersA–CD–GH–LM–RS–ZCobraToylinesLocationsPlaysetsReal peopleVehiclesAction ForceArashikageBrainwave ScannerBuilt to RuleCobra IslandLarry HamaSynthoidTerror DromeThe PitThe Ballad of G.I. Joe"G.I. Jeff" (Community episode)


2009 filmsEnglish-language filmsG.I. JoeAmerican filmsAmerican short films


Funny or Die
































The Ballad of G.I. Joe
Directed byDaniel Strange
Produced by
  • Mike Farah

  • Josh Simpson

  • Kevin Umbricht

Written by
  • Daniel Strange

  • Kevin Umbricht

Based on
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero
by Hasbro
Starring
  • Laz Alonso

  • Alexis Bledel

  • Billy Crudup

  • Zach Galifianakis

Music by
  • Daniel Strange

  • Kevin Umbricht

CinematographyMaarten de Boer
Edited by
  • Daniel Strange

  • Kevin Umbricht

Production
company
Cha-Ching Pictures
Distributed byFunny or Die
Release date

  • August 2009 (2009-08)
Running time
4 minutes
CountryUnited States
LanguageEnglish

The Ballad of G.I. Joe is a musical comedy parody short film released in 2009 on the website Funny or Die. Written by Daniel Strange and Kevin Umbricht, it spoofs several characters from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero by showing what they do in their spare time.[1][2][3]




Contents





  • 1 Plot


  • 2 Cast


  • 3 Reception


  • 4 References


  • 5 External links




Plot


The song The Ballad of G.I. Joe is sung as the video looks into the lives of various Joe characters when they are off duty, showing that their private lives are quite different from their 'Joe' personas.



Cast



  • Laz Alonso as Doc


  • Alexis Bledel as Lady Jaye


  • Billy Crudup as Zartan


  • Zach Galifianakis as Snow Job


  • Tony Hale as Dr. Mindbender


  • Vinnie Jones as Destro


  • Joey Kern as Tomax and Xamot


  • Chuck Liddell as Gung-Ho


  • Julianne Moore as Scarlett


  • Robert Remus as Sgt. Slaughter


  • Henry Rollins as Duke


  • Alan Tudyk as Shipwreck


  • Olivia Wilde as Baroness

  • Jamin Fite as Cobra Commander

  • Frankie Kang as Storm Shadow

  • Geoff Mann as Buzzer

  • Andreas Owald as Snake Eyes

  • Daniel Strange as Torch

  • Kevin Umbricht as Ripper


Reception


Web Worker Daily wrote that for Funny Or Die, "knowing a ton of celebrities is half the battle for attracting eyeballs to its viral videos."[1] While offering that the song The Ballad of G.I. Joe is "just okay", the film itself was enjoyable for seeing "celebs dressed like Joe characters."[1]G4TV called the short "a creative accomplishment" which "contains a plethora of cameos that need to be seen to be believed", and wrote that "The Ballad of G.I. Joe is nothing less than total win."[2]I09 noted that the G.I. Joe movie led to numerous viral videos, and offered that The Ballad of G.I. Joe was the best.[3]



References




  1. ^ abc Albrecht, Chris (August 10, 2009). "Big Stars Break Out in Song for The Ballad of GI Joe:..." GigaOM. Retrieved September 27, 2012..mw-parser-output cite.citationfont-style:inherit.mw-parser-output .citation qquotes:"""""""'""'".mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-free abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/65/Lock-green.svg/9px-Lock-green.svg.png")no-repeat;background-position:right .1em center.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-limited a,.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-registration abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Lock-gray-alt-2.svg/9px-Lock-gray-alt-2.svg.png")no-repeat;background-position:right .1em center.mw-parser-output .citation .cs1-lock-subscription abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/Lock-red-alt-2.svg/9px-Lock-red-alt-2.svg.png")no-repeat;background-position:right .1em center.mw-parser-output .cs1-subscription,.mw-parser-output .cs1-registrationcolor:#555.mw-parser-output .cs1-subscription span,.mw-parser-output .cs1-registration spanborder-bottom:1px dotted;cursor:help.mw-parser-output .cs1-ws-icon abackground:url("//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Wikisource-logo.svg/12px-Wikisource-logo.svg.png")no-repeat;background-position:right .1em center.mw-parser-output code.cs1-codecolor:inherit;background:inherit;border:inherit;padding:inherit.mw-parser-output .cs1-hidden-errordisplay:none;font-size:100%.mw-parser-output .cs1-visible-errorfont-size:100%.mw-parser-output .cs1-maintdisplay:none;color:#33aa33;margin-left:0.3em.mw-parser-output .cs1-subscription,.mw-parser-output .cs1-registration,.mw-parser-output .cs1-formatfont-size:95%.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-left,.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-wl-leftpadding-left:0.2em.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-right,.mw-parser-output .cs1-kern-wl-rightpadding-right:0.2em


  2. ^ ab Baxter, Joseph (August 11, 2009). "Nugget From The Net: 'The Ballad Of G.I.Joe'". G4TV.


  3. ^ ab Woerner, Meredith (August 11, 2009). "Henry Rollins As Duke, Alan Tudyk As Shipwreck: The Ballad Of G.I. Joe Rocks". I09. Retrieved September 27, 2012.




External links



  • The Ballad of G.I. Joe on IMDb


  • Official website at Funny or Die







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page