Arduino compile error on only certain programsR cannot be resolved - Android errorWhy is this program erroneously rejected by three C++ compilers?ATtiny45, Arduino programming error?Arduino: Upload Timeout errorCompile Programs for Arduino on Ubuntu Linux - any other ways?Arduino Variable size Array DeclarationArduino compile error of U8glib library on Win 10problems about declaring a string in arduinoConnect Arduino Mega to FirebaseWhat is the cause of the errors “'timer0_pin_port'” and “'_vector_13'”?

Motorized valve interfering with button?

Draw simple lines in Inkscape

A Journey Through Space and Time

How to re-create Edward Weson's Pepper No. 30?

"You are your self first supporter", a more proper way to say it

Compute hash value according to multiplication method

Banach space and Hilbert space topology

DOS, create pipe for stdin/stdout of command.com(or 4dos.com) in C or Batch?

Why did the Germans forbid the possession of pet pigeons in Rostov-on-Don in 1941?

How old can references or sources in a thesis be?

I’m planning on buying a laser printer but concerned about the life cycle of toner in the machine

Validation accuracy vs Testing accuracy

Why CLRS example on residual networks does not follows its formula?

Set-theoretical foundations of Mathematics with only bounded quantifiers

XeLaTeX and pdfLaTeX ignore hyphenation

Pronouncing Dictionary.com's W.O.D "vade mecum" in English

What typically incentivizes a professor to change jobs to a lower ranking university?

Japan - Plan around max visa duration

How can bays and straits be determined in a procedurally generated map?

How to get the available space of $HOME as a variable in shell scripting?

Why are 150k or 200k jobs considered good when there are 300k+ births a month?

Why is "Reports" in sentence down without "The"

How can I automatically replace [[ and ]] with the [LeftDoubleBracket] and [RightDoubleBracket] operators?

Email Account under attack (really) - anything I can do?



Arduino compile error on only certain programs


R cannot be resolved - Android errorWhy is this program erroneously rejected by three C++ compilers?ATtiny45, Arduino programming error?Arduino: Upload Timeout errorCompile Programs for Arduino on Ubuntu Linux - any other ways?Arduino Variable size Array DeclarationArduino compile error of U8glib library on Win 10problems about declaring a string in arduinoConnect Arduino Mega to FirebaseWhat is the cause of the errors “'timer0_pin_port'” and “'_vector_13'”?






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty height:90px;width:728px;box-sizing:border-box;








0















I've been having a problem with my arduino compilor. What happens is if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error. On other programs every thing compiles normally. But If certain I run certain programs I get the error




"exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega

2560."




Here's the code I am trying to run:




#include <AFMotor.h>

int px =0;
int py = 0;
int X;
int Y;
String serialData;
AF_DCMotor right(3);
AF_DCMotor left(4);
void setup()
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.setTimeout(10);
right.setSpeed(400);
left.setSpeed(400);



void serialEvent()
serialData = Serial.readString();
X = Xc(serialData);
Y = Yc(serialData);
if(X < px)
right.run(BACKWARD);
left.run(BACKWARD);
delay(X * 10);
px = X;

right.run(RELEASE);
left.run(RELEASE);


int Xc(String data)
data.remove(data.indexOf("Y"));
data.remove(data.indexOf("X"), 1);
return data.toInt();


int Yc(String data)
data.remove(0,data.indexOf("Y") + 1);
return data.toInt();




I've tried to compile for other boards but I still get the same error.










share|improve this question
























  • * if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

    – Ken White
    Mar 9 at 4:06











  • From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

    – M. R.
    Mar 9 at 5:07






  • 2





    <artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

    – KIIV
    Mar 9 at 7:21












  • "exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

    – datafiddler
    Mar 9 at 15:07

















0















I've been having a problem with my arduino compilor. What happens is if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error. On other programs every thing compiles normally. But If certain I run certain programs I get the error




"exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega

2560."




Here's the code I am trying to run:




#include <AFMotor.h>

int px =0;
int py = 0;
int X;
int Y;
String serialData;
AF_DCMotor right(3);
AF_DCMotor left(4);
void setup()
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.setTimeout(10);
right.setSpeed(400);
left.setSpeed(400);



void serialEvent()
serialData = Serial.readString();
X = Xc(serialData);
Y = Yc(serialData);
if(X < px)
right.run(BACKWARD);
left.run(BACKWARD);
delay(X * 10);
px = X;

right.run(RELEASE);
left.run(RELEASE);


int Xc(String data)
data.remove(data.indexOf("Y"));
data.remove(data.indexOf("X"), 1);
return data.toInt();


int Yc(String data)
data.remove(0,data.indexOf("Y") + 1);
return data.toInt();




I've tried to compile for other boards but I still get the same error.










share|improve this question
























  • * if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

    – Ken White
    Mar 9 at 4:06











  • From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

    – M. R.
    Mar 9 at 5:07






  • 2





    <artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

    – KIIV
    Mar 9 at 7:21












  • "exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

    – datafiddler
    Mar 9 at 15:07













0












0








0








I've been having a problem with my arduino compilor. What happens is if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error. On other programs every thing compiles normally. But If certain I run certain programs I get the error




"exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega

2560."




Here's the code I am trying to run:




#include <AFMotor.h>

int px =0;
int py = 0;
int X;
int Y;
String serialData;
AF_DCMotor right(3);
AF_DCMotor left(4);
void setup()
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.setTimeout(10);
right.setSpeed(400);
left.setSpeed(400);



void serialEvent()
serialData = Serial.readString();
X = Xc(serialData);
Y = Yc(serialData);
if(X < px)
right.run(BACKWARD);
left.run(BACKWARD);
delay(X * 10);
px = X;

right.run(RELEASE);
left.run(RELEASE);


int Xc(String data)
data.remove(data.indexOf("Y"));
data.remove(data.indexOf("X"), 1);
return data.toInt();


int Yc(String data)
data.remove(0,data.indexOf("Y") + 1);
return data.toInt();




I've tried to compile for other boards but I still get the same error.










share|improve this question
















I've been having a problem with my arduino compilor. What happens is if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error. On other programs every thing compiles normally. But If certain I run certain programs I get the error




"exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega

2560."




Here's the code I am trying to run:




#include <AFMotor.h>

int px =0;
int py = 0;
int X;
int Y;
String serialData;
AF_DCMotor right(3);
AF_DCMotor left(4);
void setup()
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.setTimeout(10);
right.setSpeed(400);
left.setSpeed(400);



void serialEvent()
serialData = Serial.readString();
X = Xc(serialData);
Y = Yc(serialData);
if(X < px)
right.run(BACKWARD);
left.run(BACKWARD);
delay(X * 10);
px = X;

right.run(RELEASE);
left.run(RELEASE);


int Xc(String data)
data.remove(data.indexOf("Y"));
data.remove(data.indexOf("X"), 1);
return data.toInt();


int Yc(String data)
data.remove(0,data.indexOf("Y") + 1);
return data.toInt();




I've tried to compile for other boards but I still get the same error.







compiler-errors arduino






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 9 at 3:42









Tiw

4,38961730




4,38961730










asked Mar 9 at 3:36









Space CorgiSpace Corgi

43




43












  • * if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

    – Ken White
    Mar 9 at 4:06











  • From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

    – M. R.
    Mar 9 at 5:07






  • 2





    <artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

    – KIIV
    Mar 9 at 7:21












  • "exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

    – datafiddler
    Mar 9 at 15:07

















  • * if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

    – Ken White
    Mar 9 at 4:06











  • From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

    – M. R.
    Mar 9 at 5:07






  • 2





    <artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

    – KIIV
    Mar 9 at 7:21












  • "exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

    – datafiddler
    Mar 9 at 15:07
















* if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

– Ken White
Mar 9 at 4:06





* if I run certain programs It results in a compiler error.* If you're getting a compiler error, the program doesn't compile and can't be run. If the program runs, you're not getting a compiler error. If you're getting the same error on other boards, that means your code isn't compiling at all. You should be getting more information than what you've provided. Please post the entire content lf all error messages you get.

– Ken White
Mar 9 at 4:06













From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

– M. R.
Mar 9 at 5:07





From here I can see two major problems with your code. First, it is missing loop function, second, the declaration of Xc and Yc functions must be set before serialEvent.

– M. R.
Mar 9 at 5:07




2




2





<artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

– KIIV
Mar 9 at 7:21






<artificial>:(.text.startup+0x264): undefined reference to 'loop' - I think it's pretty much self explaining. And there are also some warnings like passing 400 to uint8_t (too big) and some tautologies in adafruit library

– KIIV
Mar 9 at 7:21














"exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

– datafiddler
Mar 9 at 15:07





"exit status 1 Error compiling... " is never the only error, just a final summary. Look more carefully.

– datafiddler
Mar 9 at 15:07












0






active

oldest

votes












Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55073746%2farduino-compile-error-on-only-certain-programs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55073746%2farduino-compile-error-on-only-certain-programs%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page