MALAB Coder - Static size string in sprintf2019 Community Moderator ElectionWhat is the difference between String and string in C#?How do I iterate over the words of a string?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?Case insensitive 'Contains(string)'How do I make the first letter of a string uppercase in JavaScript?How to replace all occurrences of a string in JavaScriptHow to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript?Does Python have a string 'contains' substring method?How do I convert a String to an int in Java?Why is char[] preferred over String for passwords?

Why do I have a large white artefact on the rendered image?

How can I create URL shortcuts/redirects for task/diff IDs in Phabricator?

Extraneous elements in "Europe countries" list

Turning a hard to access nut?

Why didn’t Eve recognize the little cockroach as a living organism?

Can "few" be used as a subject? If so, what is the rule?

Nested Dynamic SOQL Query

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Hackerrank All Women's Codesprint 2019: Name the Product

What will the Frenchman say?

How to find the largest number(s) in a list of elements, possibly non-unique?

Why I don't get the wanted width of tcbox?

Do I need an EFI partition for each 18.04 ubuntu I have on my HD?

Single word to change groups

Why is participating in the European Parliamentary elections used as a threat?

Homology of the fiber

Air travel with refrigerated insulin

Jem'Hadar, something strange about their life expectancy

Imaginary part of expression too difficult to calculate

Can other pieces capture a threatening piece and prevent a checkmate?

How do you justify more code being written by following clean code practices?

Why is indicated airspeed rather than ground speed used during the takeoff roll?

Symbolism of 18 Journeyers

TDE Master Key Rotation



MALAB Coder - Static size string in sprintf



2019 Community Moderator ElectionWhat is the difference between String and string in C#?How do I iterate over the words of a string?How do I read / convert an InputStream into a String in Java?Case insensitive 'Contains(string)'How do I make the first letter of a string uppercase in JavaScript?How to replace all occurrences of a string in JavaScriptHow to check whether a string contains a substring in JavaScript?Does Python have a string 'contains' substring method?How do I convert a String to an int in Java?Why is char[] preferred over String for passwords?










0















How can I prevent MATLAB Coder to generate variable size code for a simple number insertion into a string?



for i=1:4

name=sprintf('Data%d.bin',int8(i));
stuff(name);
end


In the generated C code it uses a lot of functions like emxutil to determine the size of the generated string for sprtintf.
I just want to say that i is only one digit. How can I do that?!
The followings also do not work



name=['Data',char(i),'.bin'];


Using the following also gives an error for generating code that LHS is fixed sized but RHS is varying:



coder.varsize('name',[1,14],[0,0])









share|improve this question



















  • 1





    If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

    – Navan
    Mar 8 at 14:11















0















How can I prevent MATLAB Coder to generate variable size code for a simple number insertion into a string?



for i=1:4

name=sprintf('Data%d.bin',int8(i));
stuff(name);
end


In the generated C code it uses a lot of functions like emxutil to determine the size of the generated string for sprtintf.
I just want to say that i is only one digit. How can I do that?!
The followings also do not work



name=['Data',char(i),'.bin'];


Using the following also gives an error for generating code that LHS is fixed sized but RHS is varying:



coder.varsize('name',[1,14],[0,0])









share|improve this question



















  • 1





    If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

    – Navan
    Mar 8 at 14:11













0












0








0








How can I prevent MATLAB Coder to generate variable size code for a simple number insertion into a string?



for i=1:4

name=sprintf('Data%d.bin',int8(i));
stuff(name);
end


In the generated C code it uses a lot of functions like emxutil to determine the size of the generated string for sprtintf.
I just want to say that i is only one digit. How can I do that?!
The followings also do not work



name=['Data',char(i),'.bin'];


Using the following also gives an error for generating code that LHS is fixed sized but RHS is varying:



coder.varsize('name',[1,14],[0,0])









share|improve this question
















How can I prevent MATLAB Coder to generate variable size code for a simple number insertion into a string?



for i=1:4

name=sprintf('Data%d.bin',int8(i));
stuff(name);
end


In the generated C code it uses a lot of functions like emxutil to determine the size of the generated string for sprtintf.
I just want to say that i is only one digit. How can I do that?!
The followings also do not work



name=['Data',char(i),'.bin'];


Using the following also gives an error for generating code that LHS is fixed sized but RHS is varying:



coder.varsize('name',[1,14],[0,0])






string matlab char printf matlab-coder






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 9 at 19:09







amin yahyaabadi

















asked Mar 7 at 18:30









amin yahyaabadiamin yahyaabadi

286




286







  • 1





    If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

    – Navan
    Mar 8 at 14:11












  • 1





    If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

    – Navan
    Mar 8 at 14:11







1




1





If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

– Navan
Mar 8 at 14:11





If "i" is single digit you may want to use something simple like char(48+i) instead of sprintf to convert it to string. Then insert it into your string as ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']

– Navan
Mar 8 at 14:11












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














I just tested the following again. It works well and also can be used for more digits, and it does not use var size stuff.



name=['Data',int2str(i),'.bin'];


Also, these can be used if we are sure that i is one digit:



['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']
['Data' char('0'+i) '.bin']





share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050585%2fmalab-coder-static-size-string-in-sprintf%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    I just tested the following again. It works well and also can be used for more digits, and it does not use var size stuff.



    name=['Data',int2str(i),'.bin'];


    Also, these can be used if we are sure that i is one digit:



    ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']
    ['Data' char('0'+i) '.bin']





    share|improve this answer



























      0














      I just tested the following again. It works well and also can be used for more digits, and it does not use var size stuff.



      name=['Data',int2str(i),'.bin'];


      Also, these can be used if we are sure that i is one digit:



      ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']
      ['Data' char('0'+i) '.bin']





      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        I just tested the following again. It works well and also can be used for more digits, and it does not use var size stuff.



        name=['Data',int2str(i),'.bin'];


        Also, these can be used if we are sure that i is one digit:



        ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']
        ['Data' char('0'+i) '.bin']





        share|improve this answer













        I just tested the following again. It works well and also can be used for more digits, and it does not use var size stuff.



        name=['Data',int2str(i),'.bin'];


        Also, these can be used if we are sure that i is one digit:



        ['Data' char(48+i) '.bin']
        ['Data' char('0'+i) '.bin']






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 9 at 19:09









        amin yahyaabadiamin yahyaabadi

        286




        286





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050585%2fmalab-coder-static-size-string-in-sprintf%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page