Cannot use git to clone in remote web server2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to clone all remote branches in Git?SSH Private Key Permissions using Git GUI or ssh-keygen are too openHow can I determine the URL that a local Git repository was originally cloned from?Are Git forks actually Git clones?Git keeps asking me for my ssh key passphrase'ssh-keygen' is not recognized as an internal or external commandEC2 can't SSH into githubSSH Key - Still asking for password and passphraseGithub permission denied: ssh add agent has no identitiesWindows 7 Git Bash and OpenShift git clone

Can "few" be used as a subject? If so, what is the rule?

The English Debate

label a part of commutative diagram

Is there any common country to visit for uk and schengen visa?

How are passwords stolen from companies if they only store hashes?

Did Nintendo change its mind about 68000 SNES?

"Marked down as someone wanting to sell shares." What does that mean?

Does the Shadow Magic sorcerer's Eyes of the Dark feature work on all Darkness spells or just his/her own?

Why doesn't the fusion process of the sun speed up?

Can other pieces capture a threatening piece and prevent a checkmate?

I got the following comment from a reputed math journal. What does it mean?

Knife as defense against stray dogs

is this saw blade faulty?

Output visual diagram of picture

Turning a hard to access nut?

Unfrosted light bulb

How to find the largest number(s) in a list of elements, possibly non-unique?

Friend wants my recommendation but I don't want to give it to him

Animating wave motion in water

Error in master's thesis, I do not know what to do

Which partition to make active?

How to test the sharpness of a knife?

Nested Dynamic SOQL Query

Print a physical multiplication table



Cannot use git to clone in remote web server



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to clone all remote branches in Git?SSH Private Key Permissions using Git GUI or ssh-keygen are too openHow can I determine the URL that a local Git repository was originally cloned from?Are Git forks actually Git clones?Git keeps asking me for my ssh key passphrase'ssh-keygen' is not recognized as an internal or external commandEC2 can't SSH into githubSSH Key - Still asking for password and passphraseGithub permission denied: ssh add agent has no identitiesWindows 7 Git Bash and OpenShift git clone










-1















I have created a Github repo to where I push my local changes using Git Bash, without any problems. I can also use Git Bash to connect to my remote web server (shared hosting) and navigate to the folder where I want to clone my Laravel site.
This is where the problems begin. When I do



$ git clone git@github.com:myusername/mylaravelsite.git


I get the error message:



Permission denied (publickey)


After some searching for a solution I found that I should make sure that I have a key by doing this:



$ eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"


Which gave this answer:



Agent pid 122372


Then according to the instructions I should do this



$ ssh-add -l


Which gave me this message:



The agent has no identities


Reading up a bit more I try to add the key again by doing



$ssh-keygen -t rsa


...which generated a key pair that I added with ssh-add, I was prompted for a passphrase which I entered twice.



Now, I still get Permission denied (publickey) when I try to access my github repo with ssh. I should also mention that I have created a new SSH key at the github account where I pasted the key I created (I opened .ssh/id_rsa-pub with notepad and copied the content).



What more can I try?










share|improve this question


























    -1















    I have created a Github repo to where I push my local changes using Git Bash, without any problems. I can also use Git Bash to connect to my remote web server (shared hosting) and navigate to the folder where I want to clone my Laravel site.
    This is where the problems begin. When I do



    $ git clone git@github.com:myusername/mylaravelsite.git


    I get the error message:



    Permission denied (publickey)


    After some searching for a solution I found that I should make sure that I have a key by doing this:



    $ eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"


    Which gave this answer:



    Agent pid 122372


    Then according to the instructions I should do this



    $ ssh-add -l


    Which gave me this message:



    The agent has no identities


    Reading up a bit more I try to add the key again by doing



    $ssh-keygen -t rsa


    ...which generated a key pair that I added with ssh-add, I was prompted for a passphrase which I entered twice.



    Now, I still get Permission denied (publickey) when I try to access my github repo with ssh. I should also mention that I have created a new SSH key at the github account where I pasted the key I created (I opened .ssh/id_rsa-pub with notepad and copied the content).



    What more can I try?










    share|improve this question
























      -1












      -1








      -1








      I have created a Github repo to where I push my local changes using Git Bash, without any problems. I can also use Git Bash to connect to my remote web server (shared hosting) and navigate to the folder where I want to clone my Laravel site.
      This is where the problems begin. When I do



      $ git clone git@github.com:myusername/mylaravelsite.git


      I get the error message:



      Permission denied (publickey)


      After some searching for a solution I found that I should make sure that I have a key by doing this:



      $ eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"


      Which gave this answer:



      Agent pid 122372


      Then according to the instructions I should do this



      $ ssh-add -l


      Which gave me this message:



      The agent has no identities


      Reading up a bit more I try to add the key again by doing



      $ssh-keygen -t rsa


      ...which generated a key pair that I added with ssh-add, I was prompted for a passphrase which I entered twice.



      Now, I still get Permission denied (publickey) when I try to access my github repo with ssh. I should also mention that I have created a new SSH key at the github account where I pasted the key I created (I opened .ssh/id_rsa-pub with notepad and copied the content).



      What more can I try?










      share|improve this question














      I have created a Github repo to where I push my local changes using Git Bash, without any problems. I can also use Git Bash to connect to my remote web server (shared hosting) and navigate to the folder where I want to clone my Laravel site.
      This is where the problems begin. When I do



      $ git clone git@github.com:myusername/mylaravelsite.git


      I get the error message:



      Permission denied (publickey)


      After some searching for a solution I found that I should make sure that I have a key by doing this:



      $ eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"


      Which gave this answer:



      Agent pid 122372


      Then according to the instructions I should do this



      $ ssh-add -l


      Which gave me this message:



      The agent has no identities


      Reading up a bit more I try to add the key again by doing



      $ssh-keygen -t rsa


      ...which generated a key pair that I added with ssh-add, I was prompted for a passphrase which I entered twice.



      Now, I still get Permission denied (publickey) when I try to access my github repo with ssh. I should also mention that I have created a new SSH key at the github account where I pasted the key I created (I opened .ssh/id_rsa-pub with notepad and copied the content).



      What more can I try?







      github ssh






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Mar 7 at 19:04









      TBJTBJ

      256112




      256112






















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes


















          0














          Finally found the answer in case anyone else has the same problem. It turns out that the public key also must exist in the remote web server (in the .ssh folder I uploaded the same rsa_id and rsa_id.pub files, that I created locally), not only locally and in the Github account.



          Once I had figured that out and uploaded those files to the webserver, it worked to clone my github repo :-).






          share|improve this answer






















            Your Answer






            StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
            StackExchange.snippets.init();
            );
            );
            , "code-snippets");

            StackExchange.ready(function()
            var channelOptions =
            tags: "".split(" "),
            id: "1"
            ;
            initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

            StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
            // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
            if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
            StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
            createEditor();
            );

            else
            createEditor();

            );

            function createEditor()
            StackExchange.prepareEditor(
            heartbeatType: 'answer',
            autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
            convertImagesToLinks: true,
            noModals: true,
            showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
            reputationToPostImages: 10,
            bindNavPrevention: true,
            postfix: "",
            imageUploader:
            brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
            contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
            allowUrls: true
            ,
            onDemand: true,
            discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
            ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
            );



            );













            draft saved

            draft discarded


















            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55051079%2fcannot-use-git-to-clone-in-remote-web-server%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown

























            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes








            1 Answer
            1






            active

            oldest

            votes









            active

            oldest

            votes






            active

            oldest

            votes









            0














            Finally found the answer in case anyone else has the same problem. It turns out that the public key also must exist in the remote web server (in the .ssh folder I uploaded the same rsa_id and rsa_id.pub files, that I created locally), not only locally and in the Github account.



            Once I had figured that out and uploaded those files to the webserver, it worked to clone my github repo :-).






            share|improve this answer



























              0














              Finally found the answer in case anyone else has the same problem. It turns out that the public key also must exist in the remote web server (in the .ssh folder I uploaded the same rsa_id and rsa_id.pub files, that I created locally), not only locally and in the Github account.



              Once I had figured that out and uploaded those files to the webserver, it worked to clone my github repo :-).






              share|improve this answer

























                0












                0








                0







                Finally found the answer in case anyone else has the same problem. It turns out that the public key also must exist in the remote web server (in the .ssh folder I uploaded the same rsa_id and rsa_id.pub files, that I created locally), not only locally and in the Github account.



                Once I had figured that out and uploaded those files to the webserver, it worked to clone my github repo :-).






                share|improve this answer













                Finally found the answer in case anyone else has the same problem. It turns out that the public key also must exist in the remote web server (in the .ssh folder I uploaded the same rsa_id and rsa_id.pub files, that I created locally), not only locally and in the Github account.



                Once I had figured that out and uploaded those files to the webserver, it worked to clone my github repo :-).







                share|improve this answer












                share|improve this answer



                share|improve this answer










                answered Mar 7 at 20:21









                TBJTBJ

                256112




                256112





























                    draft saved

                    draft discarded
















































                    Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


                    • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

                    But avoid …


                    • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

                    • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

                    To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




                    draft saved


                    draft discarded














                    StackExchange.ready(
                    function ()
                    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55051079%2fcannot-use-git-to-clone-in-remote-web-server%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                    );

                    Post as a guest















                    Required, but never shown





















































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown

































                    Required, but never shown














                    Required, but never shown












                    Required, but never shown







                    Required, but never shown







                    Popular posts from this blog

                    Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

                    Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

                    How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page