Convert curl command into a working script2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to send a header using a HTTP request through a curl call?Convert bytes to a string?Using cURL with a username and password?Run cURL commands from Windows consoleHow to display request headers with command line curlHow to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?cURL POST command line on WINDOWS RESTful serviceIs there a way to follow redirects with command line cURL?Curl issues with API call - could not resolve hostConverting Curl command to PHP not working

Do I need an EFI partition for each 18.04 ubuntu I have on my HD?

"Marked down as someone wanting to sell shares." What does that mean?

What kind of footwear is suitable for walking in micro gravity environment?

Emojional cryptic crossword

Is this Pascal's Matrix?

Why is "la Gestapo" feminine?

Hackerrank All Women's Codesprint 2019: Name the Product

Error in master's thesis, I do not know what to do

Are hand made posters acceptable in Academia?

What (if any) is the reason to buy in small local stores?

Was World War I a war of liberals against authoritarians?

Why is there so much iron?

CLI: Get information Ubuntu releases

What is 管理しきれず?

Why does Surtur say that Thor is Asgard's doom?

DisplayForm problem with pi in FractionBox

What is the reasoning behind standardization (dividing by standard deviation)?

How do you justify more code being written by following clean code practices?

Nested Dynamic SOQL Query

Do I need to convey a moral for each of my blog post?

Animating wave motion in water

Is xar preinstalled on macOS?

Can a university suspend a student even when he has left university?

Did Nintendo change its mind about 68000 SNES?



Convert curl command into a working script



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow to send a header using a HTTP request through a curl call?Convert bytes to a string?Using cURL with a username and password?Run cURL commands from Windows consoleHow to display request headers with command line curlHow to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?cURL POST command line on WINDOWS RESTful serviceIs there a way to follow redirects with command line cURL?Curl issues with API call - could not resolve hostConverting Curl command to PHP not working










0















I am using an API from check-host.net to ping an website.
My issue is right now that I have no ideea how I could transform the curl command api into an working python script. I tried different approaches which I found on here but sadly none has give me the ouput I am looking for.



Working curl command:




curl -H "Accept: application/json" https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1



the respons looks something like that:




"ok": 1, "request_id": "29", "permanent_link":
"https://check-host.net/check-report/29", "nodes":
"7f000001": ["it","Italy", "Marco"]











share|improve this question






















  • have you tried the requests library

    – Jibin Mathews
    Mar 7 at 18:52











  • @JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

    – SirFulgeruL
    Mar 7 at 19:09















0















I am using an API from check-host.net to ping an website.
My issue is right now that I have no ideea how I could transform the curl command api into an working python script. I tried different approaches which I found on here but sadly none has give me the ouput I am looking for.



Working curl command:




curl -H "Accept: application/json" https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1



the respons looks something like that:




"ok": 1, "request_id": "29", "permanent_link":
"https://check-host.net/check-report/29", "nodes":
"7f000001": ["it","Italy", "Marco"]











share|improve this question






















  • have you tried the requests library

    – Jibin Mathews
    Mar 7 at 18:52











  • @JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

    – SirFulgeruL
    Mar 7 at 19:09













0












0








0








I am using an API from check-host.net to ping an website.
My issue is right now that I have no ideea how I could transform the curl command api into an working python script. I tried different approaches which I found on here but sadly none has give me the ouput I am looking for.



Working curl command:




curl -H "Accept: application/json" https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1



the respons looks something like that:




"ok": 1, "request_id": "29", "permanent_link":
"https://check-host.net/check-report/29", "nodes":
"7f000001": ["it","Italy", "Marco"]











share|improve this question














I am using an API from check-host.net to ping an website.
My issue is right now that I have no ideea how I could transform the curl command api into an working python script. I tried different approaches which I found on here but sadly none has give me the ouput I am looking for.



Working curl command:




curl -H "Accept: application/json" https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1



the respons looks something like that:




"ok": 1, "request_id": "29", "permanent_link":
"https://check-host.net/check-report/29", "nodes":
"7f000001": ["it","Italy", "Marco"]








python-3.x curl python-requests






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 18:50









SirFulgeruLSirFulgeruL

998




998












  • have you tried the requests library

    – Jibin Mathews
    Mar 7 at 18:52











  • @JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

    – SirFulgeruL
    Mar 7 at 19:09

















  • have you tried the requests library

    – Jibin Mathews
    Mar 7 at 18:52











  • @JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

    – SirFulgeruL
    Mar 7 at 19:09
















have you tried the requests library

– Jibin Mathews
Mar 7 at 18:52





have you tried the requests library

– Jibin Mathews
Mar 7 at 18:52













@JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

– SirFulgeruL
Mar 7 at 19:09





@JibinMathews , I did, but sadly I didn't get the proper response. Maybe I didn't use it properly.

– SirFulgeruL
Mar 7 at 19:09












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















1














You have to send a Accept: application/json header in your request. You can also use the builtin json decoder in requests.



import requests
headers=
'Accept': 'application/json'

r=requests.get('https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1',headers=headers)
print(r.json())


Output



'nodes': 'us2.node.check-host.net': ['us', 'USA', 'New Jersey', '199.38.245.218', 'AS394625', 'OK'], 'ok': 1, 'permanent_link': 'https://check-host.net/check-report/a462c3ck399', 'request_id': 'a462c3ck399'





share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050868%2fconvert-curl-command-into-a-working-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    1














    You have to send a Accept: application/json header in your request. You can also use the builtin json decoder in requests.



    import requests
    headers=
    'Accept': 'application/json'

    r=requests.get('https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1',headers=headers)
    print(r.json())


    Output



    'nodes': 'us2.node.check-host.net': ['us', 'USA', 'New Jersey', '199.38.245.218', 'AS394625', 'OK'], 'ok': 1, 'permanent_link': 'https://check-host.net/check-report/a462c3ck399', 'request_id': 'a462c3ck399'





    share|improve this answer



























      1














      You have to send a Accept: application/json header in your request. You can also use the builtin json decoder in requests.



      import requests
      headers=
      'Accept': 'application/json'

      r=requests.get('https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1',headers=headers)
      print(r.json())


      Output



      'nodes': 'us2.node.check-host.net': ['us', 'USA', 'New Jersey', '199.38.245.218', 'AS394625', 'OK'], 'ok': 1, 'permanent_link': 'https://check-host.net/check-report/a462c3ck399', 'request_id': 'a462c3ck399'





      share|improve this answer

























        1












        1








        1







        You have to send a Accept: application/json header in your request. You can also use the builtin json decoder in requests.



        import requests
        headers=
        'Accept': 'application/json'

        r=requests.get('https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1',headers=headers)
        print(r.json())


        Output



        'nodes': 'us2.node.check-host.net': ['us', 'USA', 'New Jersey', '199.38.245.218', 'AS394625', 'OK'], 'ok': 1, 'permanent_link': 'https://check-host.net/check-report/a462c3ck399', 'request_id': 'a462c3ck399'





        share|improve this answer













        You have to send a Accept: application/json header in your request. You can also use the builtin json decoder in requests.



        import requests
        headers=
        'Accept': 'application/json'

        r=requests.get('https://check-host.net/check-tcp?host=smtp://gmail.com&max_nodes=1',headers=headers)
        print(r.json())


        Output



        'nodes': 'us2.node.check-host.net': ['us', 'USA', 'New Jersey', '199.38.245.218', 'AS394625', 'OK'], 'ok': 1, 'permanent_link': 'https://check-host.net/check-report/a462c3ck399', 'request_id': 'a462c3ck399'






        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Mar 7 at 19:46









        Bitto BennichanBitto Bennichan

        3,5171427




        3,5171427





























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid …


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050868%2fconvert-curl-command-into-a-working-script%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown







            Popular posts from this blog

            Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

            Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

            How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page