summing positive and negative numbers in MapReduce Iterable IntWritable2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Iterate through a HashMapUsing Hadoop for the First Time, MapReduce Job does not run Reduce PhaseExample for running mapreduce on hdfs files and storing reducer results in hbase tableHadoop: maintain memory cache between iterated map jobsHadoop mapreduce with input size ~ 2Mb slowDeciding key value pair for deduplication using hadoop mapreduceMapreduce Error: Outputting Map Data instead of Reducehadoop job with single mapper and two different reducersHow do you handle different value types in reducer

Animating wave motion in water

Why is there so much iron?

Can other pieces capture a threatening piece and prevent a checkmate?

Why does Surtur say that Thor is Asgard's doom?

Does convergence of polynomials imply that of its coefficients?

Does the Shadow Magic sorcerer's Eyes of the Dark feature work on all Darkness spells or just his/her own?

How to test the sharpness of a knife?

Why do I have a large white artefact on the rendered image?

How can an organ that provides biological immortality be unable to regenerate?

How old is Nick Fury?

The English Debate

What kind of footwear is suitable for walking in micro gravity environment?

Fair way to split coins

Help with identifying unique aircraft over NE Pennsylvania

How to read string as hex number in bash?

Justification failure in beamer enumerate list

Why is this tree refusing to shed its dead leaves?

Was World War I a war of liberals against authoritarians?

How can a new country break out from a developed country without war?

Interior of Set Notation

is this saw blade faulty?

Why is "la Gestapo" feminine?

Do people actually use the word "kaputt" in conversation?

Single word to change groups



summing positive and negative numbers in MapReduce Iterable IntWritable



2019 Community Moderator ElectionHow do I efficiently iterate over each entry in a Java Map?Iterate through a HashMapUsing Hadoop for the First Time, MapReduce Job does not run Reduce PhaseExample for running mapreduce on hdfs files and storing reducer results in hbase tableHadoop: maintain memory cache between iterated map jobsHadoop mapreduce with input size ~ 2Mb slowDeciding key value pair for deduplication using hadoop mapreduceMapreduce Error: Outputting Map Data instead of Reducehadoop job with single mapper and two different reducersHow do you handle different value types in reducer










0















I'm using MapReduce in Java Hadoop to calculate the difference between the outgoing edges and incoming edges.
For instance node 2 has 2 outgoing edges and 3 incoming edges, then the difference is -1.



src, tgt



1, 2
2, 1
2, 3

3, 2

4, 2

4, 3



So the output should be: node 2, difference: -1.



In the Mapper function I assigned the IntWritable +1 if 2 is the source and -1 if 2 is the target.



so the mapper is producing this following Iterable IntWritable and sending it to the Reducer.



(node 2, values( -1, +1, +1, -1, -1)) and the reducer is returning (0, -1) instead of just -1.



Output below:



1 0
2 0
2 -1

3 0

3 -1

4 2



I tried it several times with different scenarios and that's what I believe is happening. I don't how to get the reducer to simply add all numbers and return one value??










share|improve this question






















  • can you post your code?

    – vefthym
    Mar 12 at 3:01











  • It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

    – rabi26
    Mar 14 at 3:54















0















I'm using MapReduce in Java Hadoop to calculate the difference between the outgoing edges and incoming edges.
For instance node 2 has 2 outgoing edges and 3 incoming edges, then the difference is -1.



src, tgt



1, 2
2, 1
2, 3

3, 2

4, 2

4, 3



So the output should be: node 2, difference: -1.



In the Mapper function I assigned the IntWritable +1 if 2 is the source and -1 if 2 is the target.



so the mapper is producing this following Iterable IntWritable and sending it to the Reducer.



(node 2, values( -1, +1, +1, -1, -1)) and the reducer is returning (0, -1) instead of just -1.



Output below:



1 0
2 0
2 -1

3 0

3 -1

4 2



I tried it several times with different scenarios and that's what I believe is happening. I don't how to get the reducer to simply add all numbers and return one value??










share|improve this question






















  • can you post your code?

    – vefthym
    Mar 12 at 3:01











  • It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

    – rabi26
    Mar 14 at 3:54













0












0








0








I'm using MapReduce in Java Hadoop to calculate the difference between the outgoing edges and incoming edges.
For instance node 2 has 2 outgoing edges and 3 incoming edges, then the difference is -1.



src, tgt



1, 2
2, 1
2, 3

3, 2

4, 2

4, 3



So the output should be: node 2, difference: -1.



In the Mapper function I assigned the IntWritable +1 if 2 is the source and -1 if 2 is the target.



so the mapper is producing this following Iterable IntWritable and sending it to the Reducer.



(node 2, values( -1, +1, +1, -1, -1)) and the reducer is returning (0, -1) instead of just -1.



Output below:



1 0
2 0
2 -1

3 0

3 -1

4 2



I tried it several times with different scenarios and that's what I believe is happening. I don't how to get the reducer to simply add all numbers and return one value??










share|improve this question














I'm using MapReduce in Java Hadoop to calculate the difference between the outgoing edges and incoming edges.
For instance node 2 has 2 outgoing edges and 3 incoming edges, then the difference is -1.



src, tgt



1, 2
2, 1
2, 3

3, 2

4, 2

4, 3



So the output should be: node 2, difference: -1.



In the Mapper function I assigned the IntWritable +1 if 2 is the source and -1 if 2 is the target.



so the mapper is producing this following Iterable IntWritable and sending it to the Reducer.



(node 2, values( -1, +1, +1, -1, -1)) and the reducer is returning (0, -1) instead of just -1.



Output below:



1 0
2 0
2 -1

3 0

3 -1

4 2



I tried it several times with different scenarios and that's what I believe is happening. I don't how to get the reducer to simply add all numbers and return one value??







java hadoop mapreduce






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Mar 7 at 18:54









rabi26rabi26

102




102












  • can you post your code?

    – vefthym
    Mar 12 at 3:01











  • It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

    – rabi26
    Mar 14 at 3:54

















  • can you post your code?

    – vefthym
    Mar 12 at 3:01











  • It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

    – rabi26
    Mar 14 at 3:54
















can you post your code?

– vefthym
Mar 12 at 3:01





can you post your code?

– vefthym
Mar 12 at 3:01













It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

– rabi26
Mar 14 at 3:54





It was solved. the problem was unseen characters in the text document. So -1 in one row was not the same as -1 in the other row.

– rabi26
Mar 14 at 3:54












0






active

oldest

votes











Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050923%2fsumming-positive-and-negative-numbers-in-mapreduce-iterable-intwritable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























0






active

oldest

votes








0






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050923%2fsumming-positive-and-negative-numbers-in-mapreduce-iterable-intwritable%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page