Kafka Connect - metrics through JMX2019 Community Moderator ElectionUnable to pull JMX data using jolokia from KafkaKafka connect throttlingIssues while running kafka connect in distributed modeSetup kafka-connect to fetch data from remote brokersWhat should I use: Kafka Stream or Kafka consumer api or Kafka connectCollecting Performance metrics for kafka connect using hdfs sink connectorConfluent 5.0.0 kafka connect hdfs sink: Cannot describe the kafka connect consumer group lag after upgradeSetup multiple kafka connect sinksKafka Connect Hdfs Sink Connector - Class io.confluent.connect.hdfs.string.StringFormat could not be foundGathering `kafka.producer` metrics using JMXkafka consumer lag from jmx metrics vs consumer-groups.sh script

Have any astronauts/cosmonauts died in space?

Imaginary part of expression too difficult to calculate

Justification failure in beamer enumerate list

What is the tangent at a sharp point on a curve?

"Marked down as someone wanting to sell shares." What does that mean?

Do I need to convey a moral for each of my blog post?

Turning a hard to access nut?

How to balance a monster modification (zombie)?

CLI: Get information Ubuntu releases

Single word to change groups

Difficulty understanding group delay concept

Symbolism of 18 Journeyers

Is xar preinstalled on macOS?

What is it called when someone votes for an option that's not their first choice?

How to test the sharpness of a knife?

Pre-Employment Background Check With Consent For Future Checks

Asserting that Atheism and Theism are both faith based positions

If I cast the Enlarge/Reduce spell on an arrow, what weapon could it count as?

How old is Nick Fury?

Unfrosted light bulb

How to remove space in section title at KOMA-Script

Does convergence of polynomials imply that of its coefficients?

How to read string as hex number in bash?

Print a physical multiplication table



Kafka Connect - metrics through JMX



2019 Community Moderator ElectionUnable to pull JMX data using jolokia from KafkaKafka connect throttlingIssues while running kafka connect in distributed modeSetup kafka-connect to fetch data from remote brokersWhat should I use: Kafka Stream or Kafka consumer api or Kafka connectCollecting Performance metrics for kafka connect using hdfs sink connectorConfluent 5.0.0 kafka connect hdfs sink: Cannot describe the kafka connect consumer group lag after upgradeSetup multiple kafka connect sinksKafka Connect Hdfs Sink Connector - Class io.confluent.connect.hdfs.string.StringFormat could not be foundGathering `kafka.producer` metrics using JMXkafka consumer lag from jmx metrics vs consumer-groups.sh script










0















I am using confluent HDFS sink connector and would like to know how to get consumer properties to expose through either JMX or REST API.



I checked the following two properties, however, I don't know how to expose metrics to jmx port



  1. connect-standalone.properties

  2. consumer.properties









share|improve this question
























  • If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

    – cricket_007
    Mar 8 at 16:58
















0















I am using confluent HDFS sink connector and would like to know how to get consumer properties to expose through either JMX or REST API.



I checked the following two properties, however, I don't know how to expose metrics to jmx port



  1. connect-standalone.properties

  2. consumer.properties









share|improve this question
























  • If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

    – cricket_007
    Mar 8 at 16:58














0












0








0








I am using confluent HDFS sink connector and would like to know how to get consumer properties to expose through either JMX or REST API.



I checked the following two properties, however, I don't know how to expose metrics to jmx port



  1. connect-standalone.properties

  2. consumer.properties









share|improve this question
















I am using confluent HDFS sink connector and would like to know how to get consumer properties to expose through either JMX or REST API.



I checked the following two properties, however, I don't know how to expose metrics to jmx port



  1. connect-standalone.properties

  2. consumer.properties






apache-kafka kafka-consumer-api apache-kafka-connect






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 7 at 21:49









Robin Moffatt

7,8681429




7,8681429










asked Mar 7 at 18:31









Gaurang ShahGaurang Shah

3,46821436




3,46821436












  • If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

    – cricket_007
    Mar 8 at 16:58


















  • If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

    – cricket_007
    Mar 8 at 16:58

















If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

– cricket_007
Mar 8 at 16:58






If you want to use REST, then use Jolokia and see stackoverflow.com/a/45984363/2308683

– cricket_007
Mar 8 at 16:58













1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














Set JMX_PORT when you launch Kafka Connect. e.g.



export JMX_PORT=4242
./bin/connect-distributed ./etc/kafka/connect-distributed.properties


You can then connect to JMX using JConsole, JMXTerm, etc.






share|improve this answer























  • I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

    – Gaurang Shah
    Mar 11 at 15:06










Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050586%2fkafka-connect-metrics-through-jmx%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









0














Set JMX_PORT when you launch Kafka Connect. e.g.



export JMX_PORT=4242
./bin/connect-distributed ./etc/kafka/connect-distributed.properties


You can then connect to JMX using JConsole, JMXTerm, etc.






share|improve this answer























  • I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

    – Gaurang Shah
    Mar 11 at 15:06















0














Set JMX_PORT when you launch Kafka Connect. e.g.



export JMX_PORT=4242
./bin/connect-distributed ./etc/kafka/connect-distributed.properties


You can then connect to JMX using JConsole, JMXTerm, etc.






share|improve this answer























  • I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

    – Gaurang Shah
    Mar 11 at 15:06













0












0








0







Set JMX_PORT when you launch Kafka Connect. e.g.



export JMX_PORT=4242
./bin/connect-distributed ./etc/kafka/connect-distributed.properties


You can then connect to JMX using JConsole, JMXTerm, etc.






share|improve this answer













Set JMX_PORT when you launch Kafka Connect. e.g.



export JMX_PORT=4242
./bin/connect-distributed ./etc/kafka/connect-distributed.properties


You can then connect to JMX using JConsole, JMXTerm, etc.







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Mar 7 at 22:08









Robin MoffattRobin Moffatt

7,8681429




7,8681429












  • I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

    – Gaurang Shah
    Mar 11 at 15:06

















  • I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

    – Gaurang Shah
    Mar 11 at 15:06
















I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

– Gaurang Shah
Mar 11 at 15:06





I modified the file ./bin/connect-distributed and mentioned the port inside it JMX_PORT=4242 and then restarted the service. However it's not working

– Gaurang Shah
Mar 11 at 15:06



















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55050586%2fkafka-connect-metrics-through-jmx%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page