Python: iterate transfer cookies from requests session to Selenium2019 Community Moderator ElectionExtracting extension from filename in PythonHow do I remove an element from a list by index in Python?How do I trim whitespace from a Python string?How to remove items from a list while iterating?In Python, how do I determine if an object is iterable?Why is reading lines from stdin much slower in C++ than Python?Post JSON using Python RequestsHow to remove a key from a Python dictionary?Selenium and HTTP CookiesHow to pass cookies to local html file while rendering the file through selenium?

Recruiter wants very extensive technical details about all of my previous work

Why does energy conservation give me the wrong answer in this inelastic collision problem?

Are all passive ability checks floors for active ability checks?

Is it true that good novels will automatically sell themselves on Amazon (and so on) and there is no need for one to waste time promoting?

Instead of a Universal Basic Income program, why not implement a "Universal Basic Needs" program?

Examples of transfinite towers

Why does overlay work only on the first tcolorbox?

Why no Iridium-level flares from other satellites?

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor breaks the "no parallel octaves" rule?

Do the common programs (for example: "ls", "cat") in Linux and BSD come from the same source code?

How to make healing in an exploration game interesting

The German vowel “a” changes to the English “i”

What did “the good wine” (τὸν καλὸν οἶνον) mean in John 2:10?

Meme-controlled people

Knife as defense against stray dogs

Official degrees of earth’s rotation per day

PTIJ: Who should I vote for? (21st Knesset Edition)

How to deal with taxi scam when on vacation?

How to terminate ping <dest> &

Is a party consisting of only a bard, a cleric, and a warlock functional long-term?

Bacteria contamination inside a thermos bottle

This word with a lot of past tenses

Did Ender ever learn that he killed Stilson and/or Bonzo?

How to explain that I do not want to visit a country due to personal safety concern?



Python: iterate transfer cookies from requests session to Selenium



2019 Community Moderator ElectionExtracting extension from filename in PythonHow do I remove an element from a list by index in Python?How do I trim whitespace from a Python string?How to remove items from a list while iterating?In Python, how do I determine if an object is iterable?Why is reading lines from stdin much slower in C++ than Python?Post JSON using Python RequestsHow to remove a key from a Python dictionary?Selenium and HTTP CookiesHow to pass cookies to local html file while rendering the file through selenium?










2















I have a problem regarding the transfer of cookies from a requests session to the Selenium WebDriver.



As WebDriver I use chromedriver.



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


Now it seems like the iteration doesn't transfer all cookies. I can see this because my cart at bstn.com is empty.



When I code it like following:



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)
driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


The browser calls the website approx 10 times. In the end, I can access my cart and see the carted item.



Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong with the iteration? In my opinion, the first code example is the right one. Which is weird. Maybe I need to call the website first?



Thanks for any suggestions.



Max.










share|improve this question
























  • Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

    – Ratmir Asanov
    2 days ago















2















I have a problem regarding the transfer of cookies from a requests session to the Selenium WebDriver.



As WebDriver I use chromedriver.



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


Now it seems like the iteration doesn't transfer all cookies. I can see this because my cart at bstn.com is empty.



When I code it like following:



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)
driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


The browser calls the website approx 10 times. In the end, I can access my cart and see the carted item.



Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong with the iteration? In my opinion, the first code example is the right one. Which is weird. Maybe I need to call the website first?



Thanks for any suggestions.



Max.










share|improve this question
























  • Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

    – Ratmir Asanov
    2 days ago













2












2








2


1






I have a problem regarding the transfer of cookies from a requests session to the Selenium WebDriver.



As WebDriver I use chromedriver.



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


Now it seems like the iteration doesn't transfer all cookies. I can see this because my cart at bstn.com is empty.



When I code it like following:



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)
driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


The browser calls the website approx 10 times. In the end, I can access my cart and see the carted item.



Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong with the iteration? In my opinion, the first code example is the right one. Which is weird. Maybe I need to call the website first?



Thanks for any suggestions.



Max.










share|improve this question
















I have a problem regarding the transfer of cookies from a requests session to the Selenium WebDriver.



As WebDriver I use chromedriver.



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


Now it seems like the iteration doesn't transfer all cookies. I can see this because my cart at bstn.com is empty.



When I code it like following:



for c in r.cookies:
driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)
driver.get("https://www.bstn.com/de/cart")


The browser calls the website approx 10 times. In the end, I can access my cart and see the carted item.



Could you please let me know what am I doing wrong with the iteration? In my opinion, the first code example is the right one. Which is weird. Maybe I need to call the website first?



Thanks for any suggestions.



Max.







python python-3.x selenium python-requests selenium-chromedriver






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Mar 7 at 15:12









Ratmir Asanov

3,63231125




3,63231125










asked Mar 7 at 14:03









maxpowermaxpower

132




132












  • Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

    – Ratmir Asanov
    2 days ago

















  • Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

    – Ratmir Asanov
    2 days ago
















Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

– Ratmir Asanov
2 days ago





Hi! How is going? Did my answer fix your problem? Thanks.

– Ratmir Asanov
2 days ago












1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















0














Just do the refresh of the page after setting up cookies:



driver.refresh()


And you should see the changes.



Your code will look like this:



for c in r.cookies:

driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.refresh()


Hope it helps you!






share|improve this answer























  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

    – maxpower
    yesterday











  • @maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

    – Ratmir Asanov
    yesterday










Your Answer






StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
StackExchange.snippets.init();
);
);
, "code-snippets");

StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "1"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













draft saved

draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045648%2fpython-iterate-transfer-cookies-from-requests-session-to-selenium%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









0














Just do the refresh of the page after setting up cookies:



driver.refresh()


And you should see the changes.



Your code will look like this:



for c in r.cookies:

driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.refresh()


Hope it helps you!






share|improve this answer























  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

    – maxpower
    yesterday











  • @maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

    – Ratmir Asanov
    yesterday















0














Just do the refresh of the page after setting up cookies:



driver.refresh()


And you should see the changes.



Your code will look like this:



for c in r.cookies:

driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.refresh()


Hope it helps you!






share|improve this answer























  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

    – maxpower
    yesterday











  • @maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

    – Ratmir Asanov
    yesterday













0












0








0







Just do the refresh of the page after setting up cookies:



driver.refresh()


And you should see the changes.



Your code will look like this:



for c in r.cookies:

driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.refresh()


Hope it helps you!






share|improve this answer













Just do the refresh of the page after setting up cookies:



driver.refresh()


And you should see the changes.



Your code will look like this:



for c in r.cookies:

driver.add_cookie('name': c.name, 'value': c.value,'path': c.path, 'expiry': c.expires)

driver.refresh()


Hope it helps you!







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Mar 7 at 15:09









Ratmir AsanovRatmir Asanov

3,63231125




3,63231125












  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

    – maxpower
    yesterday











  • @maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

    – Ratmir Asanov
    yesterday

















  • Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

    – maxpower
    yesterday











  • @maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

    – Ratmir Asanov
    yesterday
















Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

– maxpower
yesterday





Hey, sorry for the late reply. It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! :)

– maxpower
yesterday













@maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

– Ratmir Asanov
yesterday





@maxpower, this is nice! You are welcome!

– Ratmir Asanov
yesterday



















draft saved

draft discarded
















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid …


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f55045648%2fpython-iterate-transfer-cookies-from-requests-session-to-selenium%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

Thal And Out Agency railway station See also References External links Navigation menuOfficial Web Site of Pakistan RailwaysArchivedOfficial Web Site of Pakistan Railwayseeexpanding ite

Posting a File and Associated Data to a RESTful WebService preferably as JSON2019 Community Moderator ElectionREST URI convention - Singular or plural name of resource while creating itUploading both data and files in one form using Ajax?How do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practicesSpring: JSON data and file in the same requestREST API Put large dataPosting a file and JSON data to Spring rest serviceRESTful Web Service Upload/Download Large Data With JSONREST API Design sending JSON data and a file to the api in same requestPost JSONArray to REST servicePUT vs. POST in RESTParsing values from a JSON file?JavaScript/jQuery to download file via POST with JSON dataHow do I upload a file with metadata using a REST web service?How to POST JSON data with Curl from Terminal/Commandline to Test Spring REST?Separate REST JSON API server and client?what's the correct way to send a file from REST web service to client?How do I write JSON data to a file?What is “406-Not Acceptable Response” in HTTP?REST API - file (ie images) processing - best practices

How can I change the color of pagination dots of UIPageControl?How to change UIPageControl dotsIs there a way to change page indicator dots colorCustomize dot with image of UIPageControl at index 0 of UIPageControlNo visible @interface for 'NSObject<PageControlDelegate>' declares the selector 'pageControlPageDidChange:'How to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per pagepagecontrol indicator custom image instead of DefaultChanging the colour of UIPageControl dots in MonoTouchpagecontrol selectable page visibility color?Alternative way to load ViewControllers on a UIPageControlHow to set only layer.border-color for UIpage control dots in swiftHow can I develop for iPhone using a Windows development machine?How to change the name of an iOS app?UITableView - change section header coloruipagecontrol indicator(dot)issueCustom UIPageControl dots color not changingchange the interspace between UIPageControl dotsHow to change Status Bar text color in iOSHow can I change image tintColor in iOS and WatchKitUIPageControl dots with larger space in between each dotsHow to change the color of pagination dots in UIPageControl with a different color per page